The online racing simulator
Post your track/car drawings!
(63 posts, started )
Every day, at school, i find myself drawing away tracks and cars. I figured it was about time i saw who else did this, and how artistic others are. I remade my latest drawing in photoshop, so what do you think?

Anyone else drawing? Post one if you do.

edit: track runs counter clockwise.
Attached images
track1.jpg
looks good, i can see you like straights hehe
i have a book of cars i draw at school xD
Hes american, of course he likes straits
#5 - TiJay
Lots of left turns too
LOL!,,,,i love drawing bmw e30s....ill try post a drawing of one i did...beware youll be amazing what a 12 yr old like me can be capable of
Quote from TiJay :Lots of left turns too

or lots of rights, depending on the direction around the track
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis : stupid post :/

First attempt at oil painting.

Never really posted anything I've done before, not quite a car (except the reflection ) but it's related to F1
crazy. that looks like water color. is that because of the type of medium you were painting on? looks like paper. still, pretty good.
Just something to say about the whole track picture drawing deal. If you just draw a simple line to show where the road goes the picture is usless. Real tracks (unlike in LFS ) have altitude changes, some of the corners are cambered and the track scenery is quite vital to the atmosphere as well. Is the track old or new, does it have a freshly laid asphalt and are the kerbs just painted or are there skidmarks on them. What do the track side buildings look like, are there trees around the track, is the placed on Sahara or an island in the middle of the Mediterrean ocean? Is the track width the same all the time? Does Elvis live nearby?

At least draw some altitude lines, buildings and more info about the tracks, those pics are useless.
Quote from keiran :

First attempt at oil painting.

Is that a McLaren pit crew dude? That's pretty nice, Keiran. I never had you down as an arty type.

I am a bit rubbish with crayons myself. My business partner has a collection of scribbles I do during meetings but mostly because he likes to think there's psychological evidence of my insanity contained within them. I counter that he's the nutter who's hoarding a huge pile of crap drawings.
i've been lazy recently, and haven't done much, but i do have these...this one i've posted before in a different thread.

and this one i haven't posted before...

both done in photoshop.
Quote from glyphon :crazy. that looks like water color. is that because of the type of medium you were painting on? looks like paper. still, pretty good.

Thanks , never done much painting before so have a lot to learn me thinks. They are water based oil paints, which appear to be nothing like real oil paints I did water it down quite a bit though.

Our college wont let us use turps for health and safety reasons .

Quote from thisnameistaken :Is that a McLaren pit crew dude? That's pretty nice, Keiran.

Thanks, yea it's a McLaren dude watching Montoya.

Quote :I never had you down as an arty type.

Guess you don't know I'm studying an HND in Art and Design then . Want to go into either graphic design or animation so need a portfolio of work, those people who do non art related subjects have such an easy time applying to Uni!

Quote from glyphon :i've been lazy recently, and haven't done much, but i do have these...this one i've posted before in a different thread.

and this one i haven't posted before...

both done in photoshop.

Good stuff Always nice to see others work .
Quote from Hyperactive :Just something to say about the whole track picture drawing deal. If you just draw a simple line to show where the road goes the picture is usless. Real tracks (unlike in LFS ) have altitude changes, some of the corners are cambered and the track scenery is quite vital to the atmosphere as well. Is the track old or new, does it have a freshly laid asphalt and are the kerbs just painted or are there skidmarks on them. What do the track side buildings look like, are there trees around the track, is the placed on Sahara or an island in the middle of the Mediterrean ocean? Is the track width the same all the time? Does Elvis live nearby?

At least draw some altitude lines, buildings and more info about the tracks, those pics are useless.

just curious..how would you draw a track diagram in the way you describe? I'm not being obnoxious, i really want to know. What do you mean by altitude lines etc.
i made a very-very interesting track! pls watch it!
Attached images
track.jpg
Quote from ans7812 :just curious..how would you draw a track diagram in the way you describe? I'm not being obnoxious, i really want to know. What do you mean by altitude lines etc.

Tweaker has made some nice drawings on RSC (few years ago) but I can't access them now because RSC is not exactly working now:
Quote :PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 018D8E27

If you are interested to find them, search later for Eric's posts at RSC and you will eventually find a thread about the whole "drawing tracks and giving devs new ideas & LFS people making tracks" -thing.

All those trackside buildings, kerb locations, pit lanes and height differences plus run-off areas are quite important because the the track will be quite boring (an inaccessable ) without them
Quote from Hyperactive :Tweaker has made some nice drawings on RSC (few years ago) but I can't access them now because RSC is not exactly working now:

If you are interested to find them, search later for Eric's posts at RSC and you will eventually find a thread about the whole "drawing tracks and giving devs new ideas & LFS people making tracks" -thing.

All those trackside buildings, kerb locations, pit lanes and height differences plus run-off areas are quite important because the the track will be quite boring (an inaccessable ) without them

I have lots more drawings, but I am not showing anyone because I am saving my ideas for my own personal track development (This one is old and less detailed)

I've got lots of LFS track ideas... I just wish I could make them for LFS... officially even
Attached images
Tilkeisuky_F1_GP_2.jpg
Oh and this was unfinished... First time I've ever shown this
Attached images
BlackwoodGP_2006_small_490.jpg
That's really nice work Tweak :up:
Although you left out the massive pile of flaming n00bs at T1
Quote from Tweaker :I have lots more drawings, but I am not showing anyone because I am saving my ideas for my own personal track development (This one is old and less detailed)

I've got lots of LFS track ideas... I just wish I could make them for LFS... officially even

Haven't tried to make any of your tracks in other sims, like in GPL? Just to see how it rides? I know it is not easy but when you finally get to drive your own creations...

Gives a lot of first hand information about proper straight lengths and corner radiuses What works and what not.
When I get my new PC I will be bringing a lot of my track ideas to life Some of my ideas are not always to scale (in terms of width), but the general idea of some corners is there.

I have quite a few scratch drawings of some GREAT LFS style courses with multiple configs. And the way they are constructed are not any kind of obstrusive Aston style tracks where you just have pieces going left and right and off into the distance (a real maze), they are more subtle and flow into each other better (each config should feel like a completely different experience varying in corner styles and top speeds), making it less obvious that the track is trying to have multiple configs just because you want to (and can) make more (like Aston ).

As for my wishful thinking of making tracks for LFS, I hope it can happen someday, because I sometimes even dislike making tracks that have tons of configs interconnected, I've made a lot of great tracks designs that offer only one config (like Westhill), and are unique with the type of corners they have. That is what LFS really needs bad... more one-config tracks like Westhill and Blackwood. Those are always the best because 1) Easier to learn, 2) Track looks better, and 3) More tracks to visit/choose from, rather than using the same old environments over and over again. It is something I'd like to see LFS to improve upon. I guess Eric doesn't pump out tracks every few months like one would expect from someone as creative as him.... Maybe Chuck Norris could do better?
#22 - JJ72
rather crappy one
Attached images
westfield.jpg
Yeah, background stuff!

Thx for high-res

If you have any similar pics, please post, looks great on my desktop
#25 - JJ72
Not car drawing, but very much car related.

This is actually a T-shirt print, which I am going to sell, it's copyright protected so wouldn't be a problem to share.
Attached images
js1600.jpg

(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG