The online racing simulator
Oh God, is amazing *-*
Interesting times ahead
i cant wait for this
There's no news like Lfs news. Still the best!
Thanks for the update, sounds great .
Quote from Scawen :<friendly progress "blog post">

one of the reasons lfs is so good.

+1 for this optimiser. users of low fov will surely appreciate that effort.
Oh my word, now I am really looking forward to the new Westhill. The fact that Eric is working on even more "dummy roads" should make it fabulous.

And as someone replied here, it would possibly make for some epic rally layouts.

ScaViEr.... Thanks for the continous work on this piece of beauty.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Scawen, is there any chance of getting a high-res overhead of the new westhill prior to release? It'd be nice to be able to see the new layout, as well as the various sideroads.

+1 Have been thinking the same,be nice to see full new config overhead.Please Scawen
Quote from Scawen :It's best to just get the job done and get it into testing.

Woop. So buzzed for this test-patch, more than any other.
Possibility that the Westhill update could release same day as Assetto Corsa 1.0? That would definitely be amazing.
It has shown that customized tracks / cars can sort of work but other then that it's an inferior product. Why bother.
What's inferior?
exterior product but not inferior at all.
How strange.
depends onto what you define the level. Inferior is a matter of subjectivity ^^
Yes.. I mean this;
Quote from sinbad :Multiplayer still a load of buggy un-user-friendly crap.

Scawen has everything perfectly in shape. Only thing missing is content. Loads of content. (And more grid slots :P )
Quote from cargame.nl :Yes.. I mean this;
Quote from sinbad :Multiplayer still a load of buggy un-user-friendly crap.

Scawen has everything perfectly in shape. Only thing missing is content. Loads of content. (And more grid slots :P )

yea give them 1 or 2 year to polish their game and making something reliable, you know LFS netcode like you see it today was result of years of optimisation, same thing with other popular sim.

AC has many different issue, but in term of physics IMO it's the best.
Quote from cargame.nl :Scawen has everything perfectly in shape. Only thing missing is content. Loads of content. (And more grid slots :P )

This is true. AC has its advantages, mostly in content/graphics, but LFS is definitely better as a complete package.
Quote from cargame.nl :
I agree.. Every time I watch a Youtube video concerning that 'simulation' game it reminds me a bit of this;
http://mla-s1-p.mlstatic.com/alquiler-de-inflables-tejos-metegoles-scalectrix-pool-5459-MLA4449545081_062013-F.jpg

awwww... <3
hahaha a bit exaggerated, anyway everyone have their own preference.
Guys do we really need to discuss another game then LFS, on the LFS forum, in the LFS General Discussions in a topic concerning a great LFS update which is to come.

Ofcourse AC is a great game, but I think if we want to discuss that, we should remain to off-topic. Cause on-topic is LFS.
Quote from lfsrm :you know LFS netcode like you see it today was result of years of optimisation,

Scawen had the netcode and multiplayer UI at a very high level from day 1. It's the reason this game took off like it did back then. If it's 9 out of 10 now, it was still 8 out of 10 in the demo days. Multiplayer was clearly just as much a priority as physics, and rightly so.

Netcode and slick, efficient UI doesn't sell units like shiny graphics and going fast in Ferraris does, though, so it's understandable why other titles don't give it such attention. It's just a shame for those that actually want to race each other with it.
Quote from sinbad :
Quote from lfsrm :you know LFS netcode like you see it today was result of years of optimisation,

Scawen had the netcode and multiplayer UI at a very high level from day 1. It's the reason this game took off like it did back then. If it's 9 out of 10 now, it was still 8 out of 10 in the demo days. Multiplayer was clearly just as much a priority as physics, and rightly so.

Netcode and slick, efficient UI doesn't sell units like shiny graphics and going fast in Ferraris does, though, so it's understandable why other titles don't give it such attention. It's just a shame for those that actually want to race each other with it.

yea never said that AC is better than lfs, scawen did some proper job on that side ( mp ) and that why I still playing LFS, but IMO™ AC is the first modern sim that I really enjoy driving even in solo and am sure kunos will do their best to improve mp netcode.
This thread is closed

Progress with the Westhill version
(525 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG