The online racing simulator
3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
#26 - Don
i also made this renders from the downloaded scenes, but i made them just because i didnt want to create thread about renders without adding any render to it. i gave up learning 3dsmax few months ago and already forgot lightwave, so, atleast i tried to get interesting camera and small edit in photoshop.

but i agree with orion, there are hundreds of renders that look the same, except the skin. anyway, its not bad, its good for lfs, much better then showing lores no aa screenshots its just abit boring to watch them, if you already saw 432 simillar ones
Indeed, a while ago renders were like a miracle hehe.
Now there are renders everywhere, althoug I'm not saying it isnt good to see them every once in a while
Dito Orion, here is someting for you. :9.
I thought hey, lets start something different.
The thing on the render can happen, if you don´t get a curve at all at Fernbay.
bd
Attached images
goingdown.jpg
ROFL this is cool
Great going guys, thats 29 posts arguing about render threads now and only 1 real car render in it.
I despair, I really do.
Attached images
xfr racetek.jpg
Quote from bright devil :Dito Orion, here is someting for you. :9.
I thought hey, lets start something different.
The thing on the render can happen, if you don´t get a curve at all at Fernbay.
bd

LOL, it reminds me of Salvador Dali melting clocks for some reason.
Quote from al heeley :Great going guys, thats 29 posts arguing about render threads now and only 1 real car render in it.
I despair, I really do.

Yeah that's sounds about right for this lot.
Quote from Bob Smith :Yeah that's sounds about right for this lot.

Where's your render then bob? ;P

Again, anyone who visits MS will have seen this before... The FZ50 Funny Car.
Attached images
drag.jpg
drag2.jpg
drag3.jpg
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Where's your render then bob? ;P

nice
Quote from ORION :I have never said anything against Grudd and Ian and the others, they have always done a great job.
It's just that there are so many people in the German forum posting renders which all look the same - the same camera angles, the same lighting, everything is the same except the skin.
And THIS is what I do not like.

Ian and Grudd have their own style, and their work is great and you can see they put some work, thoughts and ideas into it.

Just pressing "render" is the other thing.

[EDIT]
Well maybe you are right - it's good that many people get in touch with 3dsmax and start to experiment, maybe we'll see some nice talents and good stuff soon, which wouldnt have beed possible without those finished scenes
It's not art atm, but it could become art

What is art anway?

Quote from Frankmd :

Stand up speak up FZR:
http://rob.mm2c.com/susu1280.jpg

Renders are done by Rob, the skins are done by me and xrroy.

That is really cool...
-how long does it take a normal PC to render something like that?
as little as 15 seconds, but judging by these i'd sy a couple of minutes
I believe the large endufull.jpg file took 1 hour, dunno how much time the black and white FZR cost.
I have made renders which took a day or so
25000*25000 resolution or just a lot of light option stuff?
Probably complex materials with many layers along with use of photons, caustics, indirect lighting, high resolution, high image sampling, very high poly models and complex lighting.

One question tho guys:
Why are your wheels all shiny? AFAIK ingame they aren't so they should be made flat color in renders too, no?
Attached images
ricinFZR1.jpg
I didnt make them shiny, but I admit less shiny also looks very good
Quote from Frankmd :Large version of the above scene:
http://rob.mm2c.com/endufull.jpg

Renders are done by Rob, the skins are done by me and xrroy.

Wow, looks great Frank!!!
wow, very nice nick, love the lights...
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Where's your render then bob? ;P

That drag car is BAD ASS! Excellent idea, man. Any chance of getting a lower view? Maybe something that looks down the side of the car you you can really visualize the size of those big rear meats?

I'd love to see a drag version of the XR GTR too.
OK I've been messing about a bit these last 2 days, I've done a bit of modeling before but not in 3DS Max. So I've learnt a bit of that and I've produced some scenes.

Comments and criticism welcome.

(Thanks to Ian H for the stock 3ds max scenes saved me a lot of time )

Attached images
1st test render.jpg
2nd test render.jpg
test_road_2.jpg
How do you guys get the reflection on there? just a white plane above the car thats invisible to the camera? I put a white plane above the car and put the car material on raytrace and falloff as the reflection thing and nothing at all changes, but you guys renders look very nice :up:
pb3200, sry but could you tell, what changes you made ? Maybe i´m blind but i don´t see any big changes on there. :/.
collins, a reason for this could be a wrong perspective, so that the planes wouldn´t be reflected in real too or the plane is situated the wrong way around. The white planeside has to look down.
bd

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG