The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2014: Round 2 Race Discussion
Round 2, Jamaican Grand Prix

Date: 31 August 2014
Time: Qualifying 18:05 UTC (25 Minutes) Race 18:45 UTC
Race Distance: 76 laps+1 formation lap (2 hour maximum time limit)
Car: Formula V8 (FO8)
Course: Fern Bay Gold (FE3) Track Map
Weather: Clear Day
Wind: Low for RACE ONLY

Important Notice

Track Limits

The ONLY section on the circuit where track limits may be exceeded is the exit of turn 15.
At the xiti of turn 12 and 15 the white line may be exceeded on the tarmac.
At all other sections of the track there MUST be 2 wheels on the racing surface at any time.
#2 - J@tko
Regarding the official Round 1 results - I think someone's copied the KY500 results by accident for the "gaps" column. I mean I know I'm slow, but I'm not 7 laps down slow.
Ye. I spotted this when Palmer posted them. He will amend them when he wakes up. Thanks
I wish I could have time for this.

Gotta move my stuff in my new apartment during the weekend, so I guess I'll see you guys on the next race.
Quote from J@tko :Regarding the official Round 1 results - I think someone's copied the KY500 results by accident for the "gaps" column. I mean I know I'm slow, but I'm not 7 laps down slow.

The nations cup is also a bit messed up
I was the one who started on pole, not pizzac. So I fail to see why he got the extra pole point.
Many fail, much wow
I have fixed the egregious errors. Helps when one remembers to sort the Nations on total points descending after fishing out the top points for each
Points gap is still wrong...
I think you should have written drivers' names in Penalty log.
Quote from vitaly_m :I think you should have written drivers' names in Penalty log.

why? the only thing you have to know is that I'm #14. I fill in half of the penalty log :P
Quote from Töki (HUN) :That's something to be proud of.

TBH it's not. I generally felt crap after i came to my senses. Didn't help that I was racing on my wafty laptop either.
Horrible race i ever seen.. Removed me on entry list all.
Forfeit participate on next rounds. GL derby racers.
Lost connection due to my shitty ISP

I was disappointed that there was no "lapped cars may pass". If you do not allow us to unlap ourselves, then let us go to the back of the grid. Otherwise there is a lot more danger and confusion on track when restart happens.
Pace wasn't pretty, but P9 is still better than expected. Plus I learnt some stuff about the car, which was the goal in the first place anyway.

PS: I was wondering if there's any chance for allowing blocking messages. Admins can always contact racers with Teamspeak and RCW messages.
Quote from vitaly_m :then let us go to the back of the grid. Otherwise there is a lot more danger and confusion on track when restart happens.

There's always the option like pulling to pitlane and let everyone by or obviously pull beside track at safe point to let by,as everyone may overtake standing or very slowly moving car. But then again I understand why you don't want to do that on your own - you will be passed not just by cars lap ahead,but also direct oponents in same lap.

Anyway - haven't seen so messy road course race for ages. At start very few were able to adapt to wind. After all the adventures,11th isn't that bad...

Suggestion to organization - why not start season,when there is the biggest activity,with bigger tracks? Why start season with 2 smallest tracks? The more people,the bigger mess on short tracks,and as we know,attendance always reduces towards end of season.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 2: Free Practice, Qualifying, Race)race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day)14:40
Car(s) involved 77, 14
Location of Incident turn 13 (3rd/4th to last corner)
Brief Description of Incident 77 O.Hardwock misjudging corner entry, hitting me in the left rear, causing me to lose control into the wall. This gave me massive damage and a lot of positions.

You're bob on Remco. I just braked a little too late and committed to a move I wasn't ready to make. Felt like our cars hooked together a lot and I think that was what did the damage as the initial contact didn't feel too bad.

Sorry though that one was all me. Seeing as I rolled in both quali and again in the race it's fair to say I caught a horrendous case of driving like a d**k today.
Quote from oscarhardwick :
Sorry though that one was all me. Seeing as I rolled in both quali and again in the race it's fair to say I caught a horrendous case of driving like a d**k today.

I know that feeling
My ****ing internet cut on me before qualifying. All that time practicing qualifying and race stints on a track that I love and felt I could do well in was wasted because of a ****ing internet bandwidth issue. Not happy.
Atleast everbody drived 30+ more laps my clutch burnt on the start.
What a crapy first race i driven in lfscart.
My clutch got red too, just gotta lift on upshifts to cool it,
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by dekojester : don't even start that crap this time
Quote from Eclipsed :Suggestion to organization - why not start season,when there is the biggest activity,with bigger tracks? Why start season with 2 smallest tracks? The more people,the bigger mess on short tracks,and as we know,attendance always reduces towards end of season.

Good point.
Well, for me I think it's the problem that the aero wash is so massive that its almost impossaible to evertake. That makes qual extremely important. But I'm not a good qualifier, so will get stuck behind slower cars. So, I think the fo8 is just not for me
Quote from Bmxtwins :My clutch got red too, just gotta lift on upshifts to cool it,

Ye that was the problem because i didnt even have the bar that shows me clutch temperature and i had that bar on qualifications.

LFSCART Series 2014: Round 2 Race Discussion
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG