The online racing simulator
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Well, for me I think it's the problem that the aero wash is so massive that its almost impossaible to evertake. That makes qual extremely important. But I'm not a good qualifier, so will get stuck behind slower cars. So, I think the fo8 is just not for me

Q isn't that important, being patient is. Especially with that high wind it's very difficult to be on limit so you just have to wait for the car in front to make the mistake. Oh and pro tip, don't then crash with 2 laps to go after being patient for the entire green flag run up until that point.
The multiple SC's didn't help the tires. I pitted in hopes of having hot tires and making up ground. Would've worked if I didn't time out. The cold tires were fun especially since I kept the car on track and was into the top 20 before lap 1.
If you do not want comments from non-participants then just delete my post.

I watched this race's replay and the Blackwood one.
After a few minutes I just shook my head at all the bad racing? There is cars crashing during pace laps (or under caution), some can not even pull away from a standstill without doing a burnout and almost wiggle into the car beside them. These failed attempts at tire warmings are just so prone to crashing, already noticed that in KY500. If one can not controll tire-warming-slalom-wiggle then better not do it at all? Just go more careful for the first lap after restarts, which in general seems like a good idea if the field is close together.
Similiar with varying speed all the time, sometimes it looks to me as if the car ahead WANTS to provoke being rear-ended.
Imo crashing under caution or unsafe driving needs (stricter) penalities, there is no real excuse for it - especially by drivers who should know better.

Actual racing did not look that good either, many situations were people were just too greedy. For example if one sees two cars ahead (close behind each other) going towards chicane, why would one try to overtake there? You will likely not fit into the gap between them anyway, the two cars are busy with themselves, why risk it?
Even if maybe "technically" the other drivers are at fault, what does that help if one leaves no room for errors of others?
Some drivers maybe lack experience in this car so some things might be excused. Other things looked like lack of respect or "not even trying" or just childish. At the same time there is people not making it to the race because they were too slow in qualifying. I wonder whether some of them would be safer than some of the fast hotlappers (who retire after few laps) because they might actually take things serious.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Q isn't that important, being patient is. Especially with that high wind it's very difficult to be on limit so you just have to wait for the car in front to make the mistake. Oh and pro tip, don't then crash with 2 laps to go after being patient for the entire green flag run up until that point.

I'd rather have to rely on skill than on luck. Also you might have noticed on other races (like GTWS), patience isn't something I have :P.

But wrapping up LFSCART for me. I could keep trying racing road courses with FO8 and simply keep causing wrecks, but I'll just have to accept it that I'm not a good FO8 driver. I hope that for the kilimonjaro challange there will be another prac session or something (or I'll just get a slow kungsbury in front of me, also helps training wreck avoidance) and see if I can drive that decently. I can keep trying to blaim the car or other drivers for my results, but I need to stop with that. I'll have to realize that I'm just not a good enough FO8 racer.
Quote from Eclipsed :Suggestion to organization - why not start season,when there is the biggest activity,with bigger tracks? Why start season with 2 smallest tracks? The more people,the bigger mess on short tracks,and as we know,attendance always reduces towards end of season.

These two tracks were intentionally scheduled at the start of the season, so all the drama and carnage would be mostly out of the way early, leaving the wider/faster/slightly easier tracks later in the schedule.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I'd rather have to rely on skill than on luck. Also you might have noticed on other races (like GTWS), patience isn't something I have :P.

But wrapping up LFSCART for me. I could keep trying racing road courses with FO8 and simply keep causing wrecks, but I'll just have to accept it that I'm not a good FO8 driver. I hope that for the kilimonjaro challange there will be another prac session or something (or I'll just get a slow kungsbury in front of me, also helps training wreck avoidance) and see if I can drive that decently. I can keep trying to blaim the car or other drivers for my results, but I need to stop with that. I'll have to realize that I'm just not a good enough FO8 racer.

Patience is a skill too, a very important 1 .

And well with the driving standards, tyres are very heat sensitive so keeping temperature at safety car speed is just as important as when racing and much more difficult. Some things can be avoided yeah and that's what the protest thread and admin teams are there for but with ridiculously high wind, a unforgiving track like FE3 and safety cars that always make the car very slippery to drive on the first few laps of a restart are a guarantee of accidents no matter how good the drivers are.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Patience is a skill too, a very important 1 .

I kind of said it wrong. I don't have the patience to wait for a mistake of someone else. I will always be looking for a way around and if I see a gap I'll go for it.
Quote from dekojester :These two tracks were intentionally scheduled at the start of the season, so all the drama and carnage would be mostly out of the way early, leaving the wider/faster/slightly easier tracks later in the schedule.

Classic Deko - evil and bloodthirsty! How about starting next season with SO1 or FE1?
Very sad story for my race...

I probably hadthe pace to fight around the podium, since FE3 is one of my fav tracks.
Sorry to Stankus didn't reise that you're braing dat hard in sc period, sorry.

What I saw in the first fewlaps ws huge carnage.

I wanted to try a risky strategy, started with fuel for 20 laps and then going on, as I knew my tires will last for sure.

Sadly then I was involved in 2 crashes, and after that I had a disconnect.

Better luck for next round
Quote from Eclipsed :Classic Deko - evil and bloodthirsty! How about starting next season with SO1 or FE1?

or fernbay oval maybe with 30 cars!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG