The online racing simulator
Quote from troy :There are no jump starts in btcc!!11

Good find Troy LOL...didn't make a difference as Turk had him by turn one

Fordie
That was race one, where turks didn't manage to get past. A lot of them seem to move very early, not sure how synced that red light was.
You should of seen the Ginetta race there was a clear Jump Start that wasn't penalised.

I always thought they allowed movement in BTCC before the lights went out as long as they don't actually pass the line, because I see this happening basically every race.
Oh didn't realise that Troy....Yes they are allowed "slight" movement, just as long they don't cross the timing line, I believe.

I did see that Ginetta race. The commentators said he nailed the start, but that was the worst jump start I have ever seen

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Oh didn't realise that Troy....Yes they are allowed "slight" movement, just as long they don't cross the timing line, I believe.

I did see that Ginetta race. The commentators said he nailed the start, but that was the worst jump start I have ever seen

Fordie

Yeah, Snetterton Stewards must be past their used by date lol.
Quote from Mustafur :Yeah, Snetterton Stewards must be past their used by date lol.

Well they are from Norfolk LOL

Fordie
@ Troy....just watched the other races, and even the commentator said "go go go " and the lights on the TV was still red, so there is a delay from red to out on the TV

Fordie
Race 3 was excellent, the racing is soo damn close that the odd tap and run is bound to happen, Unfortunte for Morgan who did excellent all weekend in the Mercedes, Neal had some bad luck with Turkington who shouldn't of got a penalty for that, but I honestly don't like him(Neal) so it didn't bother me lol.
Quote from troy :There are no jump starts in btcc!!11

<gif>

The start lights on-screen are not synced properly with the start lights on the grid. They used to have a 2nd camera in a small box looking at the actual start lights, not sure why they've gone to this "virtual" start light overlay, it's very delayed!

My source - watching a race start at Oulton Park from the start/finish straight, nobody moved until the lights went out, watched ITV coverage when I got home and this on screen start light delay was present.
BTCC Live from Knockhill
Honda its TC1 Civic tested at the Nordschleife in the VLN Round 8 Qualifying. Due to fog, the qualifying was stopped early and the race later cancelled, so an unstatisfying test for Honda.
Attached images
z1410632562.jpg
I don't dislike 1 and 888, but they have so many titles now it's disgusting. Some competition would be welcome. Good to see Marcos back.
Bathurst 2014

Red flagged, third time ever, first time cus the track is breaking up.......

So far, Volvo has been leading, a number of cars into the walls, kangaroos doing kamakazi attacks.

Well worth watching if you can get a feed, and as only NZ can't get a legal feed........, the rest of you should be watching this.
Ok, you can work on the grid, can't change driver or tyres, and can't refuel. Other than that it's all open, so, rewiring, new rotors, starter motors, radiators etc. This could be a long race as the track looks really bad at both T2 and at the Dipper....
I wonder how good resin is ?
100 laps to go.
Team owners don't seem happy !

"patching the track with some resin, it's like wiping your bum with a cotton bud"

This is going to be good.
That was the craziest Race I have ever seen, best race this year in any disapline by a massive margin.

Finally a Bathurst where Ford and Holden had geniune competition from another manufacturer.
^^^ Totally agree, probably the best race ive ever seen! Even if it did take 8 hours
-
(Racer X NZ) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
Quick gif of one of the many front splitter deaths on the tyre bundle at the fast chicane at the V8 Supercars Gold Coast event this weekend:

https://imgur.com/xiFyykB (quite a large gif, so link rather than embedded as an image)
Why not allow v10 and v12 engines too if they are going to allow4cyl and v6s? It is very unlikely that anyone would go that way but simply having that option would be great.
Just watched the 2014 Bathurst 1000, and boy was it **** awesome! I have gradually quit watching every form of motorsport because the regulations have made them **** boring (WRC is just a boring rally sprint contra rallying in 80's and 90's, in F1 the best cars always win, and the drivers get away and even win championships by cutting and crashing, and the last straw on camel's back with F1 was the series **** up with the tyres and thus totally changing the competition mid-season, BTCC been a demolition derby for long time, etc), but man was this year's Bathurst an interesting race! Probably the best I've ever seen! It was really awesome to sit still and watch the ever-flowing action lap after lap after lap for 6 hours (ads removed), and not just any action, but action of even cars that have been designed to provide interesting top notch racing (with solid axels, 650 bhp, and stuff) and with drivers and supportive race control who really appreciate the concept of racing etiquette. WOW! This was my 5th or 6th Bathurst 1000, but I guess I also have to start following more races of this class...
V8 Supercars haven't had a live axle for two seasons now. Independent multilink, still spool/locked diff afaik.
Frokki, I must say, I reckon v8s is the best series about at the moment, bathurst really was a classic. The superview is about $40AUS for access to all races and qualifying live or on demand for a season. worth the money IMO.

2014 Touring Car racing (WTCC, BTCC, DTM, V8 Supercars, etc.)
(125 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG