The online racing simulator
Shouldn't be a problem for the cars, there are quite a few WTCC machines running in the VLN regularly. But what about the pits, might get pretty cramped if the WTCC teams roll up with their trucks aswell
Why yes of course! Bring it on.
Yep confirmed. can't wait to see how will be the race format! (i've read that there will be only 1 race for this event)
This would be great. But then again, look at the return of Oulton International in the BTCC, it's going to be scrapped after just one try. So I'm affraid about a possible knee-jerk reaction of this kind once the first race is done and dusted. Especially with a one-race week-end, it's all down to one bullet, no do-overs, no artificial reverse-grid gimmick races to save the "show". We're probably going to get a run-away win and pretty big gaps, hope that everybody realise that, the point of the race won't be to manufacture a photo-finish anyway.

Anyway. Kind of interested about how quali will go. Surely the race will get its own quali format. Pretty hard to speculate before we know the details, but it might turn out to be more interesting than the race itself.
Quote from Kova. :Yep confirmed. can't wait to see how will be the race format! (i've read that there will be only 1 race for this event)

http://www.fiawtcc.com/news/de ... RING-NORDSCHLEIFE-IN-2015
Quote from François Ribeiro, Eurosport Events COO :The race at the Nordschleife will definitely be a highlight of the season. To tackle this monument of car racing history, we asked FIA to revise the sporting regulations for that event. The idea is to held one single 120km race, with one pit stop. The details of this particular format will be worked out between FIA, Eurosport Events and teams before the next FIA Touring Car Commission. Then a proposal will be submitted for approval to the FIA World Motor Sport Council. WTCC drivers are all excited about this idea

Should make it an Endurance race tbh.
The race will be just before the start of the 24h, so it can only be a sprint (like the Carrera Cup race they held 2-3 years ago)
Even if it's going to last only 5 laps I am still excited about the idea. And so must be every driver, it's another dimension from usual "boring" procedure.

Fingers crossed for the work out of this, so they can come there every year as I still don't understand why is this track used by so few FIA racing series (if any)
5 laps of trainfest. ''wow".
don't watch it then "lol"
WTCC should of changed to NGTC spec touring cars instead of this crap, despite what you see i can't see the longetivity in WTCC any more, BTCC as of now Equals it in Driver Quality and surpasses it in Audience by miles.

BTCC is back to the pinnicle of European Touring cars, it's a matter of time before the drivers start leaving in mass.
Quote from Mustafur :WTCC should of changed to NGTC spec touring cars instead of this crap, despite what you see i can't see the longetivity in WTCC any more, BTCC as of now Equals it in Driver Quality and surpasses it in Audience by miles.

BTCC is back to the pinnicle of European Touring cars, it's a matter of time before the drivers start leaving in mass.

+1, though the decline in WTCC is very visible since the one team domination era started, being it Chevy, Citroen or anyone else. Personally, i have ranked BTCC above WTCC for more than 5 years. The circuits in BTCC are better for touring car racing, thus the spectacle is better and more dramatic -> more fans. And you can hate Plato.
It's not even that fully, the racing from top to bottom is just miles Better in BTCC, WTCC makes you want to fall asleep.

Not only that but they have found a formula that allows the independents to stand a chance and even beat the factory teams, a key thing that makes V8 Supercars soo good as well.
I agree that BTCC has been always better than WTCC, but also WTCC had its golden era around 2006-7 (one example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keg6sCKbwHE)

And you simply don't see racing like that around Monza, I think those were pretty good times...

What happened is, that there are like 3 types of cars today, not even 15 drivers and 10 out of 15 drivers are factory supported Citroens if you see what I mean.

Even this "new" WTCC could be fun, it just needs more manufactures, more competition for those dominant teams and more drivers. But if I was a touring car driver I'd find all of this in BTCC and that's the main mistake of WTCC imho.
Quote from Mysho :I agree that BTCC has been always better than WTCC, but also WTCC had its golden era around 2006-7 (one example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keg6sCKbwHE)

And you simply don't see racing like that around Monza, I think those were pretty good times...

What happened is, that there are like 3 types of cars today, not even 15 drivers and 10 out of 15 drivers are factory supported Citroens if you see what I mean.

Even this "new" WTCC could be fun, it just needs more manufactures, more competition for those dominant teams and more drivers. But if I was a touring car driver I'd find all of this in BTCC and that's the main mistake of WTCC imho.

Yeah the formula of what they have just Requires massive budgets to work and thats where it fails, Honda being the Only Factory team thats in both would likely be the key to Holding WTCC up, If they go i would expect them to bolster there BTCC team with said drivers and the rest will likely follow suit.

Wonder if BMW will give some factory backing of some Kind to WSR next season, they are looking good to wrap up both Titles this year and despite the complaints i thibk the RWD isn't that much of an advantage overall, WSR have just made a a Bigger leap then the other front runners this season.
14 different cars to start the season in BTCC. 4 different cars in WTCC TC1...

30 drivers in BTCC.

WTCC cars are too expensive and most of the tracks that they go to are too big (Spa etc) or just crap (Suzuka East, Morocco)

imo WTCC will probably die a slow death unless they pick up something like NGTC
Quote from JackDaMaster :14 different cars to start the season in BTCC. 4 different cars in WTCC TC1...

30 drivers in BTCC.

WTCC cars are too expensive and most of the tracks that they go to are too big (Spa etc) or just crap (Suzuka East, Morocco)

imo WTCC will probably die a slow death unless they pick up something like NGTC

Keep in mind BTCC had to turn a few teams down as they surpassed the limit they can hold for the championship.
First race was good, what a start from JP..2nd race will be interesting with the added weight...see if he is that quick

Fordie

Oh BTW Live stream on ITV4player
Quote from Fordman :First race was good, what a start from JP..2nd race will be interesting with the added weight...see if he is that quick

Fordie

Oh BTW Live stream on ITV4player

Menu ruined his race by doing a Massa at hockenheim.

MGs are definitely the fastest car here.
There are no jump starts in btcc!!11

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG