The online racing simulator
2014 Touring Car racing (WTCC, BTCC, DTM, V8 Supercars, etc.)
Well, here it is...
Ermahgerd. 1st reply!!11 BTCC driver lineup is looking really great. Just waiting for V8SC to open up purchases of the 2014 season web stream service (Superview). I bought the endurance pass in 2013, and it worked nicely.
Agreed, I think 2014 is going to be an absolute cracker for the BTCC. Just waiting to hear if Turkington is confirmed at which point we'll have 7 ex-champs on the grid at once.

Going to be interesting to see how Menu and Giovanardi develop the cars they're in as neither the Focus nor the Passat have been consistent front runners yet.
Quote from Minimaxman :Agreed, I think 2014 is going to be an absolute cracker for the BTCC. Just waiting to hear if Turkington is confirmed at which point we'll have 7 ex-champs on the grid at once.

Going to be interesting to see how Menu and Giovanardi develop the cars they're in as neither the Focus nor the Passat have been consistent front runners yet.

BTCC will be awesome for sure! I'm pretty sure Colin is racing.
Quote from vipex123 :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new ... ist-phone-girlfriend.html

That aside, BTCC looks very good this year!

There is not excuse, who you are to be on the phone whilst driving. I spend hours on the road with my job, and if my Bluetooth has ran out of charge ( my wife moans like hell ) I don't answer my phone, its as simple as that.

Although a possible star in the making, he deserve's what he gets due to complete negligence

Fordie
#8 - heson
Quote from Fordman :There is not excuse, who you are to be on the phone whilst driving. I spend hours on the road with my job, and if my Bluetooth has ran out of charge ( my wife moans like hell ) I don't answer my phone, its as simple as that.

Although a possible star in the making, he deserve's what he gets due to complete negligence

Fordie

Studies show that headsets does not limit the distraction at all. The important thing is to prioritize so that the conversation is never prio 1. Driving with one hand might make gear shifts clumsy, but it does not make you lose attention of the road any more than talking with a headset. Talking to someone in the car is different as you can signal to the other party to stfu when the traffic situation needs it.

Texting on the other hand is hard to do without looking elsewere than the road ahead.
Quote from heson :Studies show that headsets does not limit the distraction at all. The important thing is to prioritize so that the conversation is never prio 1. Driving with one hand might make gear shifts clumsy, but it does not make you lose attention of the road any more than talking with a headset. Talking to someone in the car is different as you can signal to the other party to stfu when the traffic situation needs it.

Texting on the other hand is hard to do without looking elsewere than the road ahead.

Although I agree with you on headsets, there is no mention of headsets in use in the news article, therefore he was using his mobile, with "one hand on the wheel".

Its illegal people, when are people going to remember this. I see it all the time on the M25, people in 4x4 or executive cars on the phone, and I think, you knob !!, but thats my personal opinion

Fordie
Curious about the Loeb WTCC 2014 Fest. It's either gonna work out nicely or fail miserably.
Quote :V8 Supercars fans are in for non-stop action at the 2014 Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix, with the Australian Grand Prix Corporation today announcing an all-new race format.

Quote :four races

Quote :Each race will feature a double-file rolling start

Quote :the final race of the weekend will be worth double points

http://www.motorsport.com/v8su ... rs-race-format-announced/
Quote from Mysho :Curious about the Loeb WTCC 2014 Fest. It's either gonna work out nicely or fail miserably.

Given his form in GT and plenty of FWD rally experience i would say he has a good chance to do well, beating muller would make him the best driver in history of any disapline but i think if they car is good he can get regular podiums.
Turkington confirmed in the BTCC, 7 ex-champs on the grid, an estate car, cannot bloody wait!
Quote from Minimaxman :Turkington confirmed in the BTCC, 7 ex-champs on the grid, an estate car, cannot bloody wait!

What is this, 1994?

Next an Alfa will roll at Knockhill and Murray will be commentating
Holden Racing Team 2014 livery...

Quote from Minimaxman :Turkington confirmed in the BTCC, 7 ex-champs on the grid, an estate car, cannot bloody wait!

That looks pretty badass.
Quick shout-out to Tom Ingram who is confirmed at Speedworks. This guy has put in so much effort since he was a kid, he was slightly older than me so I used to watch him race before I went out for my race and he was always at the front. Now he has his chance to mix it with the best in arguably the most competitive BTCC season for a decade.

Audi and BMW are warning a US DTM won't work without a US manufacturer

That's sort of obvious. Why even take the DTM pseudo-prototype racing to the US?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Audi and BMW are warning a US DTM won't work without a US manufacturer

That's sort of obvious. Why even take the DTM pseudo-prototype racing to the US?

The only way it would work is if they make a DTM class in the tudor tbh.
Quote from amp88 :The Sights and Sounds of the V8 Test Day. The Volvo/Polestar sounds a bit underwhelming and quieter than the rest of the field.

I wouldn't read too much into it... First, the mic wasn't quite up to the task (evidenced by the regular audio clipping) and second, first hand experience taught me what you hear in a video/broadcast doesn't correlate to the real thing at all...
Quote from bbman :I wouldn't read too much into it... First, the mic wasn't quite up to the task (evidenced by the regular audio clipping) and second, first hand experience taught me what you hear in a video/broadcast doesn't correlate to the real thing at all...

In comparison to the other cars in the clip it sounded significantly quieter, plus I'm (very) unlikely to hear them in the real world, so video/broadcast is all I really have to go on. I'm not saying it sounds terrible or anything, just that first impressions aren't that great. The first outing of the AMG cars last year sounded a lot better, IMO, for example.
I'll try and give you guys a bit more, I'll be going to the first round (Clipsal 500).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG