The online racing simulator
Hello, and our review of the new Westhill * - * (mere speculation my kkkkk)

Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the info. Looks like the profiles from the different SDKs are kept separate.

y don't u just relase s3 with s2 physic first? take the money to improve it! How can u work without income?

and, open south city after westhill plz
Money wouldn't help speed up the development. LFS is not about earning lots of money and marketing, that's obvious.
how's the new layout of westhill look like?
Quote from scania :how's the new layout of westhill look like?

You'll see ... soon!
-
(lebrao88) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
Quote from Flame CZE :Money wouldn't help speed up the development.

Actually it does. In the case that there can be a philosophy that more people can be hired which can design tracks, cars, cars updates. Good example is the Italian team. Enough breath-taking tracks, cars etc. Poor thinking however (worthless netcode, subpar physics and below average user interface).

In short; LFS lacks content. And although the announced Westhill update is nice, it will not be enough. I expect everybody to have an overdose of Westhill after a full week of continuously driving some combos and then the whining starts all over again.
Quote from cargame.nl :
In short; LFS lacks content. And although the announced Westhill update is nice, it will not be enough. I expect everybody to have an overdose of Westhill after a full week of continuously driving some combos and then the whining starts all over again.

It lacks content compared to games with physics 3 times more rubbish... indeed.

I just hope the focus will remain to provide the most realistic sim and not the most content, that strategies not going to be changed in order to sell as many licenses. If that's so, I'd rather have 3 tracks and 3 cars than Assetto Corsa and the Ferrari 458. Like let's turn some wheel to go straight on. If scawen did this physics job alone for S2, I have no reason to worry for S3.

Not forgetting to mention that from a positioning perspective it will most probably be much harder to compete on the level of content than on realism and being a sim due to the competition involved. Imo LFS should distinguish on realism and effects of setup changes to get the most out of it..
Quote from cargame.nl :Actually it does. In the case that there can be a philosophy that more people can be hired which can design tracks, cars, cars updates. Good example is the Italian team. Enough breath-taking tracks, cars etc. Poor thinking however (worthless netcode, subpar physics and below average user interface).

It does in general. However, in case of LFS, Scawen doesn't want to hire more people to help with LFS development, or does he? No matter how much money we throw at them, it will still be just one programmer, one artist and one webmaster. Their philosophy is different.
#410 - kdo
Quote from Inouva :happen to me in my old pentium 4, in garage have masive fps from 80 ( on track) to 15-20 fps when jump to garage

Same for me
Westhill is very very nice, i hope to try it early at my cousin house, he has s2+ steering wheel, i'll not buy s2 or s3 without the wheel.

Imho another content they have, but they won't release is the Scirocco, Sirs, release that car (maybe in demo version, we need a 4th demo car ) with the westhill update, and a lot of new players will come to lfs.

Or about the Scirocco there are some problems for license with VW?

So, just release that car if is ready to be added to lfs, in the westhill patch, it will be a great strategy.

Add just a few contents early, keep this fantastic sim alive
Quote from vrajunar :Westhill is very very nice, i hope to try it early at my cousin house, he has s2+ steering wheel, i'll not buy s2 or s3 without the wheel.

Imho another content they have, but they won't release is the Scirocco, Sirs, release that car (maybe in demo version, we need a 4th demo car ) with the westhill update, and a lot of new players will come to lfs.

Or about the Scirocco there are some problems for license with VW?

So, just release that car if is ready to be added to lfs, in the westhill patch, it will be a great strategy.

Add just a few contents early, keep this fantastic sim alive

I believe that both the Sirocco and the track of Rockingham need license.

Correct me if I'm wrong : Ouro:
The Scirocco will be a S1 car, while Rockinham is an S3 track. No new content for demo as far as we know is planned.
Well, LFS "demo" already offers more than it should at this point. Nowadays, it doesn't even encourage players to move on into S2, but why would anyone? Sometimes I just fire up LFS, load the server list to find out I have nowhere to connect.

@Scawen, might only be me, but using a load-cell pedal feels weird in LFS compared to other sims. What is the root behind that "problem"? The cars simply don't require that kind of braking a load-cell pedal could provide, due to the fact that almost every brake-point in every car is a flat out and those tires never really start locking up. I feel myself at a disadvantage, having the equipment, whereas compared in other simuilators I can only use 65-85% of the brake potential, over that it's only locking up.
Quote from Kristi :I feel myself at a disadvantage, having the equipment, whereas compared in other simuilators I can only use 65-85% of the brake potential, over that it's only locking up.

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but have you tried adjusting the braking force in the car's setup? For instance the FXR can be set for up to 3287 Nm per wheel and when I set it to 2500 Nm and 73% front bias it still easily locks up all four wheels (R2 tyres at ~90°C) at speed.

So it should be possible to set the brakes up sensitive enough for them to lock the wheels at even half-way pedal use.
Scawen 21st June 2014, 15:14 - Westhill Update: We expect to release this version for testing in a few weeks I expect this week, you're writing few weeks no few months ?
Most people understand a few of weeks- maximum 4 weeks if not this is just another deception :/
Few weeks = few years.
One week is in a week and a week is comprised of 7 days. For me is and was few weeks maximum 4 weeks. Longer period is for me "C" or "CCA" or "anodher"
Quote from Slovakia ring :Scawen 21st June 2014, 15:14 - Westhill Update: We expect to release this version for testing in a few weeks I expect this week, you're writing few weeks no few months ?
Most people understand a few of weeks- maximum 4 weeks if not this is just another deception :/

Just wait and see !! we have both had LFS for a very short time compared to most here, so if others can have a little more patience after the time they have been waiting already then im sure you could

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/few

there isnt a given figure for a few so he didnt give an exact timeframe for it too be done within
even though id also like it sooner rather than later
Quote from 5tag :I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but have you tried adjusting the braking force in the car's setup? For instance the FXR can be set for up to 3287 Nm per wheel and when I set it to 2500 Nm and 73% front bias it still easily locks up all four wheels (R2 tyres at ~90°C) at speed.

So it should be possible to set the brakes up sensitive enough for them to lock the wheels at even half-way pedal use.

I see what you did there, but as far as Endurance goes, everyone uses the same setup in a team and brake force is not something I can set mid-race, and this worked out pretty well, by everyone flatting brakes out everywhere, but I just can't seem to have a future in this sim like this.
Quote from Slovakia ring :Scawen 21st June 2014, 15:14 - Westhill Update: We expect to release this version for testing in a few weeks I expect this week, you're writing few weeks no few months ?

"but remember that sometimes interesting things can come up that make things take a little longer than planned" - did you miss that part?
Quote from Kristi :I see what you did there, but as far as Endurance goes, everyone uses the same setup in a team and brake force is not something I can set mid-race, and this worked out pretty well, by everyone flatting brakes out everywhere, but I just can't seem to have a future in this sim like this.

So your setup does not allow for wheel locking, yet you are asking where's the problem...

Maybe get team mates who will not mind stronger brakes, so they will have to use 60-70% of brake pedal too?

Or is there way to calibrate your brake pedal that at 70% press it will report 100% and going beyond will have no effect?

I somehow fail to see how this is problem of LFS and what could be done on side of lfs.exe to help you.
Quote from Amynue :"but remember that sometimes interesting things can come up that make things take a little longer than planned" - did you miss that part?

This. Some people seem to quantify the estimates devs gave us for the test patch and then are disappointed when their theory doesn't work out. The devs intentionally wrote "a few weeks" and added that sometimes plans change for a reason.

I can't wait for the new Westhill either and the more time it takes, the more impatient I am, but I wouldn't blame the devs this time - unless it takes horrendously long. It's been just over 3 weeks since the announcement.

Come on, some of us are used to waiting for a lot more than that
I'd define "a few" as more than 2, and less than about 10 or 12 ish. Anything more probably becomes a few months. I certainly wouldn't rigidly stick to the structure that more than 4 weeks (of an estimation done in the head, probably on the spur of the moment, judging expected progress given known joblist) suddenly equals "a month" etc.

It was a flexible date, intended to say "it won't be the next few days, but neither should it be months and months or years from now".

So relax.

New Version 0.6F and Progress Report
(453 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG