The online racing simulator
What update prompt? Everything is working as it used to be, I rarely use full screen (only during serious racing).
I can't acutally believe this is really happening.
Quote from hereticlohani :Can someone please confirm if they're having minimizing problems in LFS under win7-64? Is Alt+Tab working as usual after multiplayer update prompt?

Mine's working properly after update.

Only problem I had was a silly one on my part; I've been getting into the habit of renaming all my LFS.exe files based on their update letters/numbers, e.g. LFS_6E17.exe, LFS_6E18.exe, etc, on both desktop and taskbar, and although I updated to version 6F, the 6E18 version was still in my LFS folder, and was being used when using desktop or taskbar shortcuts, and then when LFS opened up, going thru the update prompt routine.

Only took me going thru the update prompt routine 4 times before I realised how thick I was!

With the Westhill updates, looks like the New Open Track Configurations (Track maps and layouts) post in the AutoX Layout sections will need updating soon.
Why 3D glasses aren't option?
Quote from Jesse Kyytinen :Why 3D glasses aren't option?

please have a look into Settings -> View in the upper right corner you can select 3D
I can find only side by side (tv monitor and 3d headset) and oculus rift.
Attached images
lfs_00003460.jpg
Quote from cargame.nl :Is updating the client all of a sudden mandatory? I get an error message now when I want to connect to a LFS E19 server with my E16 client...

Updating no problem, but it wasnt like that earlier.

Cheat protection implemented and I wasn't going to sit here working out the values for all the test patches.

Quote from Jesse Kyytinen :I can find only side by side (tv monitor and 3d headset) and oculus rift.

There is no special support for glasses, but apparently the glasses can work with LFS anyway. If I was to implement special glasses support it could be very difficult, supporting each type of glasses and I read that sometimes the correct type of monitor is required...

It sounds pretty bad really, and it seems to be it would be sensible for for the glasses / 3d card manufacturers to support side by side 3d then we would all be happy.
Quote from Scawen :it could be very difficult, supporting each type of glasses and I read that sometimes the correct type of monitor is required...

Standard 3D glasses where other eye is blue and other red?
Ah... I thought you meant the shutter glasses.

Anaglyph 3d (different eye colours) I have not looked into, though it might be a good thing to support. I don't know how difficult it is to do.

[ EDIT : it looks reasonably easy - render each eye's view to an off screen render target (similar to the first step of Oculus Rift rendering). Then copy left eye's red channel onto the backbuffer and the right eye's green and blue channels additively to that, then present to the screen ]

[ EDIT 2 : ordered some cheap red / cyan anaglyph glasses, 4 for £1 can't be too bad, will probably try an LFS render at some point. Though I'm not sure I'd want to wear red / green glasses for too long... ]
Quote from jmeade :Ok so Martin and I sat down with all the screenshots and drew up this map, this is what we are confident of. (red numbers are image numbers: 5 = WST005, from the hi-rez image pack)

http://i.imgur.com/Nh4fhxS.jpg

The interesting bit is the new infield layout, we believe there has to be a right hand hairpin in the middle. This is based on image 7, you can see where the track splits, you can see the next left sweeper at the bottom of the hill but right above the white building, you can see another piece of track, then above that you can see the backstretch and grandstand. I believe that image 12 and 21 are from the new track, after this hairpin and in the run back towards the backstretch...this next image is pure speculation.

I think you are close with your guess, but i think it would make sense to somehow utilise the already modelled part of the track at the second split, as you can see at my image. The hairpin you have proposed doesn't seem to fit the new image of the track imo. It's still pure speculation though.
Attached images
lfs_00000113.jpg
Fixed.
I have never managed to see 3D from anaglyph personally, but at least you will now begin to get an appreciation of how awesome LFS is in true 3D, Scawen ...
Second question: why the "second autocross track" isn't anymore driveable? Before update it was tarmac and barriers, now just pictures and drive surface is that slippery thing.
Here's a GIF
Attached images
AU_bug_02.gif
This track
Attached images
lfs_00003461.jpg
Quote from Jesse Kyytinen :Second question: why the "second autocross track" isn't anymore driveable? Before update it was tarmac and barriers, now just pictures and drive surface is that slippery thing.

Works perfectly fine if you select AU1X.
Quote from sinanju :Mine's working properly after update.

Thank you for the info, Sinanju. Problem at my end, then. Will sort it out. Thanks again
Thanks, I accidentally used AU1, not X
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : solved
Quote from Scawen :
Anaglyph 3d (different eye colours) I have not looked into, though it might be a good thing to support.

It maybe is an idea to have an extra menu option at the LFS website mentioning which 3D/VR, monitor type and head tracking hardware is supported by LFS. People new to LFS now have no idea what actually is possible (and I also have a hard time to remember/sum it up).
#224 - CSF
Quote from jmeade :Ok so Martin and I sat down with all the screenshots and drew up this map, this is what we are confident of. (red numbers are image numbers: 5 = WST005, from the hi-rez image pack)

http://i.imgur.com/Nh4fhxS.jpg

The interesting bit is the new infield layout, we believe there has to be a right hand hairpin in the middle. This is based on image 7, you can see where the track splits, you can see the next left sweeper at the bottom of the hill but right above the white building, you can see another piece of track, then above that you can see the backstretch and grandstand. I believe that image 12 and 21 are from the new track, after this hairpin and in the run back towards the backstretch...this next image is pure speculation.

http://i.imgur.com/lebq61s.jpg
I think the piece of pavement that can be seen right above the white building is located on my map right where my speculated track is drawn over my #5 marker...if that makes any sense.

Could be wrong, but I think T4 is tighter too now...?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG