The online racing simulator
Anyway, I'm glad that LFS is in progress!!!! Waiting for S3 and will buy license!
Quote from Kroaton :I'm not about all ingame tracks! I saw all tracks in license S2, but now there is no nothing new, except Westhill update!

Quote from Kroaton :Anyway, I'm glad that LFS is in progress!!!! Waiting for S3 and will buy license!

ehh... okay, then we will have no problem
Thats good, but... Why the graphics in game still the same, nothing new? And why nothing done for improve the smoke from tyres? No new tracks... Need more cars! Cause this all cars is annoying me! We need More opportunities for car settings!!!! Thats why rFactor leading =((( I love LFS, and I need it be BETTER!!!!
Just had to log in and say that it's amazing to see this!

I can't understand how there can be any money left to pay for track updates, but I guess LFS was really successful and money has been managed well (as opposed to time).

It will be interesting to see how S3 will hold up in the changing landscape of today, with iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Project CARS, RaceRoom, Auto Club Revolution, Grid Autosport, Next Car Game, etc. etc.

(Then again, if CV1 of Oculus Rift will demand 90fps, then I bet that LFS will be one of the few games that will have no problem with that!)
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :Thats good, but... Why the graphics in game still the same, nothing new? And why nothing done for improve the smoke from tyres? No new tracks... Need more cars! Cause this all cars is annoying me! We need More opportunities for car settings!!!! Thats why rFactor leading =((( I love LFS, and I need it be BETTER!!!!

Go back to your cave mate
---
On a different note I'm looking forward for releasing the beta track and also for that endurance race
would be great to have a trackmap so that i can update my setup collection

Nice work LFS, welcome back!
Still watching the snapshots ...
Eric ... you rock
I have got a problem when installing LFS new patch.... I run windows 8.1, I used to run 0.6E smoothly, and when I downloaded and runned patch, LFS suddenly crashes with message, Couldnt initialize graphics..... so now I got back to 0.6E again..... anybody knows what this means..... ?
Quote from jopapuba :I have got a problem when installing LFS new patch.... I run windows 8.1, I used to run 0.6E smoothly, and when I downloaded and runned patch, LFS suddenly crashes with message, Couldnt initialize graphics..... so now I got back to 0.6E again..... anybody knows what this means..... ?

What version of DirectX do you have?
I also have a problem, LFS seems to be stuttering ever since I got 6F. Anyone else have this?
Quote from jopapuba :I have got a problem when installing LFS new patch.... I run windows 8.1, I used to run 0.6E smoothly, and when I downloaded and runned patch, LFS suddenly crashes with message, Couldnt initialize graphics..... so now I got back to 0.6E again..... anybody knows what this means..... ?

I guess it's not really crashing, but just failing to start DirectX.

Strangely, Microsoft have decided to deliberately alienate their loyal customers by making it harder to run software that ran very well on older versions of Windows.

Anyway, so that all their customers don't leave them too quickly, they still provide a way to retain compatibility.

If you follow this link I think you will find what you need (DirectX End-User Runtime): http://www.lfs.net/dx9/
The new Westhill looks great, can't wait to try it But i'm even happier to know that things are going forward regarding other maps and tyre physics. Thanks for the update !
Great pics, I hope new Westhill will be more suitable for BF1 races
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Great pics, I hope new Westhill will be more suitable for BF1 races

What is wrong with it now? Well... I mean. What exactly do you mean?
Great news. I will download new update when I have new PC next month* . Maybe you should consider bundling DX redistributable package with LFS installer so less skilled users will have no problem running this game.

And the westhill looks wonderful. Thank you all for this.

* now running on integrated ATI Radeon x1200 because my Nvidia 8600GT burned out

EDIT: By the way, there is a graphics bug in windowed mode:
GPU: The up mentioned ATI Radeon x1200... don´t worry though... that piece of cr*p has only support of DX9.0b and I will have new in 3 weeks ... man, that GPU is just ancient.

But Iposted it in case that someone else with more modern GPU has problem like this
Attached images
2014-06-22_113736.jpg
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :And why nothing done for improve the smoke from tyres?

Scawen actualy did some improvements to the tyre smoke, but it's not yet released since it wouldn't work with the current tyre physics:
Quote from Scawen :things like that little puff of smoke that comes out from a hot piece of tyre each time it hits the road - that has no place in the new LFS physics. In fact, I recently added code that can emit smoke from all hot parts of a tyre (regardless of whether they are touching the road or not). It's quite nice and convincing in some situations but persists for too long in other situations and itself proves that the heating model is not yet right.

Quote from Scawen :I guess it's not really crashing, but just failing to start DirectX.

Strangely, Microsoft have decided to deliberately alienate their loyal customers by making it harder to run software that ran very well on older versions of Windows.

Anyway, so that all their customers don't leave them too quickly, they still provide a way to retain compatibility.

If you follow this link I think you will find what you need (DirectX End-User Runtime): http://www.lfs.net/dx9/

thx I will try it now
Nice work!!!! Just a pilot & cabine graphics improve and it would be trully awesome ;C
Thanks Scavier! Frame rates have definitely improved. Looking forward to the next releases!
Thanxs Devs!
Alt+Tab not working
Hello,

I'm reporting a problem after installing patch 6F. Alt+Tab usually sent me to desktop. I'm getting a blank, black window now, requiring a hard reboot. Happened twice already. Any solution? System specs are pasted below:

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Motherboard: Dell System Inspiron N4110
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, build 7601)
Central Processing Unit(CPU): Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Physical Memory X 2
2GB
2GB
Hard Disk: WDC WD5000BPKT-75PK4T0 (465.76GB)
Video Card X 2
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
AMD Radeon HD 7650M
Monitor X 2
Default Monitor
Generic PnP Monitor
Audio Device X 3
Intel(R) Display Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Network Adapter
Local Area Connection - Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (Connected)
Wireless Network Connection - Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 (Media disconnected)
Keyboard: Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Note: GPU is set to use AMD, rather than let system decide to use either power saving (Intel) or High Performance GPU (AMD). Had run LFS using this setting without problems. The only reason I don't use let the system decide, because the system would use Intel anyway (no anti-aliasing).
I hope that in S3 will be tracks like Bihoku, Meihan, Ebisu.... Is this real?
Quote from jopapuba :thx I will try it now

Please let us know how you get on... I just checked that page again and it says:

Quote :Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

So maybe it doesn't help. I do know that people have used it on Windows 8. Could any Windows 8 users let us know what you must do to allow DirectX 9 to work?
Westhill drive around the Track on the Access Roads... Oh wow... This sounds f** nice
I hope you make the Access Roads from all other Tracks Driveable too

Edit: The Westhill Update comes next Week? I understand this right?

New Version 0.6F and Progress Report
(453 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG