The online racing simulator
Last chance to try the test patch before new version F
Dear Forum Readers,

Test Patch 0.6E19 is now released and is hopefully the final test patch before we release the full version 0.6F this weekend. It would be great if you could give it a go if you have not done so already, in case there are any problems we have missed.

Its main focus is 3D device support, so it's not the most immediately exciting patch for everyone. But there are useful fixes and importantly it has been moved to DirectX 9 which allows for many graphical improvements in the future.

For now, many people have reported higher frame rates, the mirrors are antialiased and the CTRL+S screenshots can be saveg in JPG, PNG or BMP formats. There are several fixes and the interface provides cleaner transitions between screens.

Test Patch: https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=85807

After this release we will be continuing with the substantial updates that we have been working on. We'll write a progress report to go with the 0.6F release.
Thank you Frame rate boosts are needed for my PC, sadly.
F yea, finally an real update to the game is coming again, not just test patches keep up the good work Scawen!!!
Sounds good. Keep up the good work!
Phew.

Swedish translation updated. All in-game text and the installer should now be covered. In case any swede would like to review it it's available here.

The lfs.net strings needs a lot of work, still.
Thanks, so much! It's great to hear that an update is finally on its way.

Now I'll scurry off and see if I come across any issues, which I thankfully haven't so far.
#7 - Be2K
Quote from Scawen :
After this release we will be continuing with the substantial updates that we have been working on. We'll write a progress report to go with the 0.6F release.

Nice!
thx Scawen !
#8 - MrSam
Thank you Scawen, glad to see a new official patch
Is there any new tracks/cars this patch ?
From the first post in this thread (a.k.a. "read before posting"):
Quote from Scawen :...Its main focus is 3D device support, so it's not the most immediately exciting patch for everyone...

Quote from Scawen :...

oh god, what did you write ? !!
So no new cars and tracks again...
Good (and somewhat relieving) to see some activity here. :-)
I'm hanging out for the progress report more than the patch to be honest. Anyone else?
Hopefully it will have at least indicative time frames on the content and physics updates.
#14 - Be2K
Quote from Jatimc :So no new cars and tracks again...

stop it you.... be happy with the Report afterwards.
Scawen mentioned many times that Eric has created more Stuff then we know (Rockingham, vws).

This isnt the right Thread to discuss this...
Quote from Be2K :stop it you.... be happy with the Report afterwards.
Scawen mentioned many times that Eric has created more Stuff then we know (Rockingham, vws).

This isnt the right Thread to discuss this...

im not discus. Jut asking
Nice to read some news like that

Quote from Jatimc :Is there any new tracks/cars this patch ?

You're not happy? Try this maybe?
I tried the patch and everything works fine, as always. Antialiased mirrors look nice and don't seem to notably affect framerate. Oculus Rift support is a good addition, but not many can enjoy it until they release the consumer version. You will still have some work to do with positional tracking. Procedural animations for driver's upper body perhaps...?

I'm curious about that progress report. Would be nice if you could take some screenshots of finished Rockingham track. Last time we saw it, it was still in developement. Hope you can also show us some of that new fictional track. No release dates.
Don't throw fuel on a dying fire I would say. No need for teasers and other kind of reports if the outcome is as unknown as the previous reports.
More interested in the progress report rather than the patch - will appreciate the work done more when I get my hands on a Rift
Quote from farcar :...I'm hanging out for the progress report more than the patch to be honest. Anyone else?...

I'm "anxiously" waiting for both, actually.
I don't own a Rift (and never will) but seeing tangible signs of life is very good indeed.
Quote from cargame.nl :Don't throw fuel on a dying fire I would say. No need for teasers and other kind of reports if the outcome is as unknown as the previous reports.

Nahh, light it up!

I understand what you're saying -but I reckon Scawen probably understands the importance of managing people's expectations by now. I think it will be a "it's not done, nor is it dead" report.
Quote from Ripley :I'm "anxiously" waiting for both, actually.

me too, hope it brings a little life back into the sim, lastly wanted to race a little in LFS after weeks of AC, only to find not a single race server with more than one person on it (excluding BL demo servers). Not even cargame. On a Friday evening, 18:00.
Quote from sinbad :I think it will be a "it's not done, nor is it dead" report.

It really needs to say "we have <insert awesome content and physics stuff> coming and it will be coming this year".

Else, doomsday methinks.
YES! Progress report!
Quote from Scawen :Dear Forum Readers,

Test Patch 0.6E19 is now released and is hopefully the final test patch before we release the full version 0.6F this weekend. It would be great if you could give it a go if you have not done so already, in case there are any problems we have missed.

Its main focus is 3D device support, so it's not the most immediately exciting patch for everyone. But there are useful fixes and importantly it has been moved to DirectX 9 which allows for many graphical improvements in the future.

For now, many people have reported higher frame rates, the mirrors are antialiased and the CTRL+S screenshots can be saveg in JPG, PNG or BMP formats. There are several fixes and the interface provides cleaner transitions between screens.

Test Patch: https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=85807

It seems to work great.

Haze effect though is flashing (on both versions)
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG