The online racing simulator
Quote from cmanns :It seems to work great.

Haze effect though is flashing (on both versions)

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you explain more about the haze effect flashing? I have never heard about anything like that.

And when you say on both versions, do you mean 0.6E offical version and 0.6E18 test patch?
Works fine as usual. Looking forward to the progress report.
works well here, at full/max setting 1920x1200 res i am getting up to 400fps on some tracks, so I tend to use v-sync and limit it to monitor Hz of 60fps

But DX9 looking good, much better mirrors very nice, looking forward to next patch
It seems harsh, but for many (speaking from an Australian racers point of view) this is too little too late.

Just recently the oldest Australian LFS League shut up shop. We'd been racing LFS every Monday night for countless years, but a lack of interaction with the devs and more importantly, meaningful updates slowly but surely killed the game as competitors showed up on the scene.

A new content update may bring a few racers back, unfortunate I think it'll only be temporary.

The ship for many has well and truly sailed.

Myself, I'll always remember the many intense battles I had playing LFS. I got more than my monies worth from LFS.

It might be gone (IMO), it'll never be forgotten!
Well it works. Installed it played and everything was like before.
Quote from Scawen :...we release the full version 0.6F this weekend...

Should we start F5ing now or the weekend begins only tomorrow ?
Quote from Flotch :Should we start F5ing now or the weekend begins only tomorrow ?

Depends on Scawen's definition of a weekend

Ontopic, I tested the patch and I didn't notice any FPS drops at all (even though I run LFS on a 1,3 ghz monster )
Quote from Storm_Cloud :More interested in the progress report rather than the patch - will appreciate the work done more when I get my hands on a Rift

Yes me and you both mate, If i had the cash id get 1 tomorrow, but ill have to wish for now
Quote from r8response :It seems harsh, but for many (speaking from an Australian racers point of view) this is too little too late.

Just recently the oldest Australian LFS League shut up shop. We'd been racing LFS every Monday night for countless years, but a lack of interaction with the devs and more importantly, meaningful updates slowly but surely killed the game as competitors showed up on the scene.

A new content update may bring a few racers back, unfortunate I think it'll only be temporary.

The ship for many has well and truly sailed.

Myself, I'll always remember the many intense battles I had playing LFS. I got more than my monies worth from LFS.

It might be gone (IMO), it'll never be forgotten!

should i even ask whats the point to come here rant about the lack of development in a thread about development?
Quote from Flotch :Should we start F5ing now or the weekend begins only tomorrow ?

We expect to release the patch and progress report tomorrow afternoon.

Just a reminder that version F will not have anything more than E19.
Quote from Scawen :Just a reminder that version F will not have anything more than E19.

Doesn't matter. Progress report will do
haven't downloaded test yet soim looking forward to tomorrow
Thought this thread was made so that users test the patch before it gets officially released.

If you dont have anything usefull to add, don't reply, you'll help yourself and you will also save lots of work to others.

Thanks.
Quote from Amynue :Here you go.

That's just simply hilarious!

Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice, maybe Scawen will release 0.6F then. Who knows lol
Scawen... Thank you... You're continues work, and not giving up on this project makes me very happy! The non-stop fun I've had ever since the first demo versions, is thanks to you, Eric and ofcourse Vic.

I'd like to give you a big thanks and to tell you that I really appreciate for you not leaving us!

I wish you the best of luck and succes in further development, and take your time. Practice makes perfect.

Looking forward!
scawen a stupid question

have you consider to change the name of the updates to actual names of something? places/ancient gods or whatever instead of just numbers?
that made me laugh
LFS: early 2009 is near, the Soon™ edition
Ok, how about patch Jupiter Soon™
Quote from Scawen :Ok, how about patch Jupiter Soon™

I'd prefer Jupiler soon..

EDIT:
Since it's Patch F, what about Patch Fata Morgana
thx for the patch and progress report !

looking already forward for the next test patches and updates .
This thread is closed

Last chance to try the test patch before new version F
(54 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG