The online racing simulator
TiC MayDay MayHem 2014
For those,who have crashing others as their hobby,anger managment or maybe only skill,we have good news:
You don't have to wait a whole year between This is Crasmaaas !!! events,because there is

the 1st May derby event 2014
Thursday, 1st May, 17:00 UTC / 19:00 CET / 20:00 EET

Race [un]Green Events presents: last year we offered 2nd event (TiC MayDay Edition) besides crashmas for the crashthursty,so let's keep the tradition alive. The event has changed it's name,but the idea is still the same - different car,different track,same cruelty to your opponents! This year we will have much more powerful car for this pleasure - the 243HP all wheel drive RB4,meaning more speed and more damage to your rivals,but also more risk to total your own car. This event just like it's original will also have only few basic rules regarding behaviour on track,otherwise - feel free to impress your opponents physically,divebombing and P.I.T. maneuvers more than welcome! Event will consist from different parts - qualifying,where each driver just sets his laptimes to decide starting places,heats,where the fight starts to get physical for the chance for final,the final,where best will be decided and a bonus run,where everyone will get a final chance to let out rage on masses!

The event starts 17:00 UTC / 19:00 CET / 20:00 EET with hotlap qualifying,everyone who wants to take part,should be in server before the start of it,but arrival deadline is 20 minutes after start of qualifying (it's the minimum lenght of it),everyone who comes later will be able just to watch and take part only in bonus run - noone without qualifying will be allowed to take part in main event.

From 100% tarmac Aston track we used last year,we switch to mixed surface rallycross track layed out in area of Kyoto Ring Oval turn 2.

Layout attached

Now some information about the parts of this event:

Qualifying:
The hotlap qualifying will be used here. Every driver will have 1 outlap and 2 timed hotlaps laps,the best lap counts as per standart LFS qualifying. The order will be decided by connection list - from top to bottom. Each driver will receive 2 simple commands from race administration:
[drivername] - join - driver joins and stops his car right before entry of track (right before the yellow line)
[drivername] - go! - driver enters the track for his qualifying run
Everyone else is expected to stay in spectators until called for his run!
Qualifying will determine starting order for most of runs!

Heats:
Heats will be 6 laps long and will be used to determine drivers eligible for the final. From qualifying results (1st in heat 1,2nd - heat 2,3rd - heat 3,4th - heat 3,5th - heat 2,6th - heat 1,7th - heat 1,etc) all will be divided into 3 heats. Best 2 from each heat qualifies for final,the rest will run in 4 laps long last chance run for remaining 4 postions in final.

The final:
The final is the run where the event official winner will be decided - it will be 12 laps long and only best 10 drivers through qualifying and heats will be able to fight for bragging rights! The starting order will be decided partially from heats and qualifying - all 3 heat winners will start from top 3 places,order for that will be determined by qualifying results,all 3 heat 2nd place finishers will take 4th-6th places on start with same ordering,last chance run qualifyers will be ordered just by qualifying results.

The Bonus run:
It's the ultimate carnage - everyone in server will be able to take part in this 12 lap run,the best part - starting order will be random,so you can only blame LFS randomizer for a bad starting place,allthough a bad starting place is such a relative term in this kind of events. Of course we have the tradition to make some alterations of track in bonus run,so stay sharp and don't get caught out by surprizes!

Even this is a almost rule-free event on track while racing,the event format asks some tough admining,so everyone is expected to behave in server and follow admin's instuctions and these guide lines:

Starting of a run:

Each run will be started from custom grid (visible in track picture) via insim application made by Jason_lfs.
Originally the run will start from KY2R starting grid,after the original LFS green lights signal everyone forms a single file in same order as they were gridding up and drives carfully and contact free towards the track entry,leaving at least 5 cars distance between each other. It is strongly suggested to obey the 50 km/h (~31mph) max allowed speed limit sign when closing to track entry point,but you should be ready to slow down even more.
When entering the track,leader chooses one of 3 spots of the front row and takes the place,the 2nd driver in order chooses one of 2 front row places ramaining,3rd place driver has to take the only spot left on front row. The same order has to be done for the rest of field - 4th-6th takes 2nd row,7th-9th - 3rd row and so on.
When everyone has taken their spots,admin gives a command "READY" and the starting application is launched - it will flash up 4 red lights (by one at a time) and then give green lights to start the race.
In case there was a jumpstart,the application will give yellow lights,show "Race start cancelled" in chat and notify who made the jumpstart. In this case everyone should stop and reverse slowly (if already moved) and take the same positions on the grid,except the driver,who made the jumpstart - he will loose and has to take the first free place at back of the grid (his original starting place will stay free).
In case a driver makes his 2nd jumpstart,he will be disqualified from the run and classified as last in it.
In case there is suspicion that someone has jumpstarted and start wasn't cancelled (unfortunately application isn't perfect),replay will be checked and the driver who gained track position on false start will receive penalty of 15 seconds added to his finish time! In case a driver recognizes his false start,he can allow to pass everyone in LAP 1,in this case no penalty will be given! So just to be sure not to score this penalty,it's advised to be fair and not try to guess start,but wait for green lights!

Racing rules:
Everyone is expected to follow clean racing rules... U wat m8? Clean racing in MayHam? Rrrrrrrrright...
There are only these basic rules:
1. No wrong way driving - just anti-clockwise direction on track! In case you get spun heading wrong way,driver is expected to turn his car to right direction on full steering lock or reverse and make the J-turn.
2. No standing on track or specific significant slowing down (waiting for others) - exept the car is in undrivable condition/position,in that case feel free to leave your car as an extra obstacle for others and hope for someone's help.
3. No rejoining - if the car is out of track or undrivable,leave it there or join spectators.
4. No disturbing on non-finished drivers after finishing himself.
5. Have fun! (also a mandatory rule :P)

Server behaviour rules:
  • follow the instructions of admins
  • no spamming in chat
  • no insulting others in any way (other than crashing them while in a official run)
  • no contact between cars before the run starts (started run counts only after insim aplication gives green lights!)
  • join only when allowed
  • no voting for restart/end/qualification
Server will be online few days before event day and information about it will be posted right here:
> > >
MayDay MayHem pass=MayTheHemBwithU

The event will not require any sign-ups,but everyone joining server will be expected to have red the rules and information about event format above and follow them!
Feel free to post your interest to take part in this so everyone will know how many drivers expected!

See you on track and have fun!
Attached files
KY2X_Rony's RX Short.lyt - 2.9 KB - 678 views
Cool
I'm in
Hmm. This sounds like an event for me to "improve" my skills.

I might come.
Hopefully a bit of Folksrace-ing plus a different rally set can help me out. I'll do what I can to join.

I can't help but like the idea of a Heat race, maybe I've been watching too much Rallycross (btw, European is so much better than American last year)
I'll see what I can do, I'd love to make it.
Event server is now online: MayDay MayHem (password will be set only in day of event)
I'm in! Could be me but I believe I didn't see a pass stated, yet pass would be on for event day?
Password for the server is set - you can find it in main post,make sure you're familiar with rules!
I will try to come!
Another crashfest is over,some survived,some not,how everything happened? Here are replays from all 6 sessions: Download
And now everyone guess who won? (results will be out tomorrow)
Man that guy that won was such a clean driver. Only person not to full speed ram
Results

The MayDay MayHem 2014 is over,we had some serious damages to cars,but it didn't hinder some to keep racing. There were 10 participants this time - 2 north americans (who took all the glory),2 dutch and the rest were latvians. The canadian driver Falcon set the fastest time in qualifying and set himself as main favourite,but he never could show his speed as he made mistake in his heat run and got wrecked out in first lap of the final. But the 2nd north american managed to get the bragging rights over Atlantic - R.Kingsbury happened to avoid all the mess and escaped from rest to lead all 12 laps of the final run to take victory of this mayhem. Also he found the best way through the objects filled bonus run track and led another 9 laps to take also this win.

I hope everyone had their share of fun,even if this was the lowest attended our organized derby event,see you again in December the 26th for the 4th annual This is Crashmaaas !!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote from Bmxtwins :Man that guy that won was such a clean driver. Only person not to full speed ram

Well,obviously everyone here drove totally differently than usually...
(sorry,I couldn't resist :P)
god damn it
SS kur viģāaaks?
Ne jau ar šito PC.
Nu sk
Rony I love when you do these events, i'm never fast but I try to not wreck too many people and when I do get wrecked I have a reason to get them back d

Maybe we can do another in the summer at another track?
This thread is closed

TiC MayDay MayHem 2014
(19 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG