The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
That BMW though... Omg. Beautiful to drive.
Revolutionary Racing is hosting their first official pre-season test for their 5th season of the GT3 Touring Car Cup.

The session is online through the HOSTED Sessions tab, and is available for Revolutionary Racing league members.

A stream of the event will be available in aprox. a half hour @ twitch.tv/bmxtwins
streams not working
Quote :A stream of the event will be available in aprox. a half hour @ twitch.tv/bmxtwins

5 minutes from now!
no commentary until beginning of race and end of q.
Anyone agree the quality is terrible?
apart from poor fps & a too loud commentator its alright.
Well hopefully next time we get it up on simrace.tv and get proper commentators.
Just won a GT3 race and was told by the guy in second that I was too slow, yet he never got within a half second of me after I blitzed by him on the outside of a corner.

Please lmao.
I love when people do that. I raced a guy real hard in the Miata at Limerock once and ended up winning because he spun. After the race he said I was slowing us down and being disrespectful/too risky by trying to pass him when not on the front straight. We only made contact once (0x, afterwards I conceded several car lengths as an apology) and that race was the only time I averaged a sub 1:00 lap at Limerock.

How the hell can one win and be too slow?
The best thing was the fact that the only reason he caught up was because he yolo bombed the hairpin complex at Mosport while I was sissy footing it to save the left front tire.

So he catches up on entry, but on exit I fly a second away
I learnt pretty quickly that anyone who uses a mic and does a lot of talking is someone to stay well clear of. I did a race at limerock in the mx5 or spec racer and the one guy that told everyone several times to be careful on the first lap took me out at turn 2 then took someone out at turn 5 up the hill. All on the first lap of a 25 lap race.
Notice, don't talk to much.

Once on WGlen in the GT3 I was on a fast lap in practise while someone does not let me pass and blocking road as I was way faster than him.
As I catched him and raced 2 corners bumper to bumper with him he spun and took me out.
I just commend it with a simple "wtf" which started him to get totally mad, shouting and teaching me what is practise about and what the heck I think I am.

I replied to calm down, but dafuq people - this is sometimes worse as you experience in Counter-Strike voicechats.
Well, people don't respect otherse in practice or qual sessions at all and that is bugging me. I was on a WR lap @ Silverstone RUF Cup and the guy who was on an outlap just hangs in front of me at approx. 5 sec off pace then gets mad if I bumpercheck him from behind.
While racing Daytona at 3am and drunk I asked if anyone else covered the cameras on their phone with their thumb so the NSA doesn't see them jerkin' it. I made some guy cry and he wrecked the whole field. Some next level tactics right there kiddos.

m8

is the gt3 series a good one to get into right now?
Quote from anttt69 :is the gt3 series a good one to get into right now?

yea but cars are not balanced
Quote from anttt69 :is the gt3 series a good one to get into right now?

Yeah, if you like the BMW
Martin D Christensen has officially made himself the most retarded person in iRacing.

He hangs back on the start 5 car lengths, cuts me off at the S/F line and then full on slams the brakes 100m early causing me to hit him. I then move right to go around him thinking his brakes failed, and he just full on blocks me and causes me and about 7 cars to die.

Unbelievable. Will upload the replay when I get a chance.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Martin D Christensen has officially made himself the most retarded person in iRacing.

He hangs back on the start 5 car lengths, cuts me off at the S/F line and then full on slams the brakes 100m early causing me to hit him. I then move right to go around him thinking his brakes failed, and he just full on blocks me and causes me and about 7 cars to die.

Unbelievable. Will upload the replay when I get a chance.

Nobody really cares here. You should rather protest about it than wasting time on posting here about it.
I'm starting to realize the idiocy in the GT3 series is pretty wide spread. So that incident doesn't seem that special now looking back. Sorry to have burdened you Kristi.
Hey all,

So I accidentally let my account renew for a year without a discount. Oh well, I went ahead and bought the GT3 cars and COTA.

Got to say i've not had this much fun in iRacing for a while. I am driving the BMW to be fair. Pretty much starting on the front 2 rows with a good qualifying and race pace in Div 3. I'm sure once I move up I will find it harder and be in the mid pack, but finishing 2nd to 3rd a race is becoming great fun.

Ant, it's worth checking out if your interested. It's very easy to keep out of trouble.
That reminds me, i have to check to make sure its not put itself on auto renew again.

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG