The online racing simulator
Am I missing something or...

http://www.lfsworld.net/pubstat/get_stat2.php?version=1.5&idk=[myidhere]?action=hosts

this just return me this pubstats document
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Am I missing something or...

http://www.lfsworld.net/pubstat/get_stat2.php?version=1.5&idk=[myidhere]?action=hosts

this just return me this pubstats document

You're doing it wrong.

You have a second ?, which gets interpreted literally. You need to replace ?action=hosts with &action=hosts
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You're doing it wrong.

You have a second ?, which gets interpreted literally. You need to replace ?action=hosts with &action=hosts

Should just look into code for other requests
sprintf(url,"http://www.lfsworld.net/pubstat/get_stat2.php?version=1.5&idk=");
strcat(url,cfg.pubstats_key);
strcat(url,"[B]&[/B]action=pst&racer=");
strcat(url,conns[i].username);

Thanks Dustin
Hi. I created an app that intended to show players' status. Here how it looks like:

But when someone is on invisible host, he doesn't shown, because I use &action=hosts... Is there any chance that we can have &action=racers stuff (like at lfsworld Hosts/Online Racers page)? It would be very usefull. Thanks.

About the program:
You need to enter your identkey in cfg.json. Adding friends and teams is done in that cfg.json file too (you can see there is Scawen, me and MRc team added). Beware that this file is case sensitive. The safe way to add someone here is to copy his username from lfsworld.net. Also be careful with commas, you should add commas between items in lists.

Written on python3 and Qt.

Download
Sources

Although I won't use it much, because I have my web browser with LFSWorld open, it looks good.

Some suggestions: You could maybe have a option to hide offline people.

Also, there should be a function to convert all characters to lowercase (looks like string.lower()), which would make it easier when adding people’s usernames - so you won’t have to know where the capital letters are in them.
Quote from Flame CZE :Some suggestions: You could maybe have a option to hide offline people.

Will do in next version.

Quote from Flame CZE :
Also, there should be a function to convert all characters to lowercase (looks like string.lower()), which would make it easier when adding people’s usernames - so you won’t have to know where the capital letters are in them.

This one is doable, but I was lazy to do so, as it is not that simple, I am lazy even to explain. Will do in next releaze

Quote from Flame CZE :
...I won't use it much, because I have my web browser with LFSWorld open...

Yes but there is no easy way to get list of online users you are interested about. The only one I know of is to collect a page with http://www.lfsworld.net/isonline.USERNAME's
I'm pretty sure that the hosts command will give you all clients connected to all servers (that are not hidden servers).
Quote from Dygear :I'm pretty sure that the hosts command will give you all clients connected to all servers (that are not hidden servers).

I know that. But I want to know if someone online on hidden server... You can see that someone online (even on hidden server, but you won't know it's name) on user's page or in the Hosts/Online Racers windo.

Quote from Flame CZE :Well, there's the buddy list and live alert window

Damn, how could I miss it Thanks man! Might switch to that
I was just on LFS World to adjust IP addresses, since our team has moved servers.
Then I noticed there's no PubStat usage available after November 2013.
That's weird, since we have races every weekend and practice during the week.
I double checked the Ident keys and those are okay.

Any ideas about this one?
I can see lots of stats recorded for people since november and I can see my own pubstat usage from yesterday when i had to fix a bug. So I assume stats are being recorded and displayed as usual, but I can confirm stats for Yisc[NL] stopped after November 2013.
Which account are the ident keys assigned to?
Maybe you're really using ident keys from someone else?
Quote from Victor :I can see lots of stats recorded for people since november and I can see my own pubstat usage from yesterday when i had to fix a bug. So I assume stats are being recorded and displayed as usual, but I can confirm stats for Yisc[NL] stopped after November 2013.
Which account are the ident keys assigned to?
Maybe you're really using ident keys from someone else?

The keys are assigned to my account.
I have copied my keys and put them into LFS Lapper again, but no data is generated.
Just tried to gather data using: /w pb
That returned correct values, so the keys should be working.

Any help or direction to solve this problem, is highly appreciated.
/w pb is an in-game command and has nothing to do with pubstats.
Two days ago I was getting file full of zeros when downloading hosts data (&action=hosts&c=1), though it was about 14KB large as usual. Not always but when time between requests was like exactly 5s. Usually it would be "can't reload this page that quickly after another". After increasing time between requests to 5.5 s everything was ok, tried same thing yesterday but couldn't reproduce it anymore.
Just wondering is it a bug or just some temporary issue?
Quote from Victor :/w pb is an in-game command and has nothing to do with pubstats.

Ow, sorry for the "stupid" comment.
When is pubstat information used?
All I know is that it used data every month consistently and apparently it stopped after November 2013.
Until yesterday the keys were binded to the IP of our previous servers and I changed them to the IP of our new server yesterday evening.
No worries.

Pubstat is a means to programmatically retrieve stats from lfs world.
It's all explained in the first post of this thread https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=14480
It can be useful for people to collect and show statistics on their own website for example.
You or your team must have been using some application that collected stats, until November when apparently you stopped using the application.
Quote from Victor :No worries.

Pubstat is a means to programmatically retrieve stats from lfs world.
It's all explained in the first post of this thread https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=14480
It can be useful for people to collect and show statistics on their own website for example.
You or your team must have been using some application that collected stats, until November when apparently you stopped using the application.

The Keys are inserted into LFS Lapper, which I still use.
It might be that I switched from Lapper 5.x to Lapper 6.x around that time, but then the keys should still work.
I will look into it again as it puzzles me.

*edit*
Indeed, I switched from Lapper 5.x to Lapper 6.x on 16-11-2013.
So that should explain it.
Although the keys are still properly set into the new Lapper as well.
Well, since I haven't heard anyone complain about missing something, I best leave the subject alone I guess.
Thanks for the help.
Did I do it right?
Did I do this right? Lol I just wanted something simple that shows who's on what server so I could join hosts much faster and easier than loading up the in-game host list and searching each one individually.

I've never really used it, but that sounds like the browser in LFSWorld.
Hey guys,i have a problem with uploading hot lap...is that becuse i m a demo player?
If your server name has non-latin letters, pubstat sends something like this for e.g. server name with japanese letters:

^J\u00c8\u0083vunicode?

Original string here were "**unicode?", where * means 1 japanese letter. First one is in the one-byte range(\u00c8), the second (\u0083v) takes 2 bytes(while in the response it actually takes 13 bytes instead of 3). As we can see, instead of actually encoding this stuff in unicode format, you send just unicode escaped representation (\u) of japanese encoded symbols. I guess you should have pointed that in the readme.

Also I wonder why do we get this creepy stuff:

"tcrm":"\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0010"

in Json output. Does it have something to do that some chars might be parsed wrongly by most of json parsers? Ok, but then probably do something different? Like "tcrm": [111, 132, 220, 255]...
\u*** format is the standard (and correct AFAIK) way to encode Unicode characters in JSON and Javascript.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :\u*** format is the standard (and correct AFAIK) way to encode Unicode characters in JSON and Javascript.

Ok, but those strings we get are not unicode. They have still same byte-to-byte values as encoded inside LFS, but those bytes get represented with unicode escapes.
can you guys help me cant understand this
yes we can

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG