The online racing simulator
Oh yeah ... just checked my browser's history and i mistyped it ...
I did:
?version=1.5?action
instead of:
?version=1.5&action

So, the error was entirely on my side
Thanks Victor for the updates. But I see that the track stats show laps only. Would it be possible to add another parameter to be able to choose between laps, kilometres and miles?
i thought about that, but you can easily calculate km/miles yourself. Just make a list with the lengths of the tracks and multiply.
Hmm, good point actually
I'll consider it for the next version of the SDK.
Quote from Victor :i thought about that, but you can easily calculate km/miles yourself. Just make a list with the lengths of the tracks and multiply.

That's the way, I do it now ... but actually this will produce an error, whenever a track (and thus it's length) is changed, as happened to BL1 not too long ago
Hm ... there's one more thing, I didn't come across earlier:

If a racer chooses to hide his online stats, a get_stat-query will return the error-message:
"no valid username"

As that actually IS a valid username (the license exits) I'd rather have a message like "stats hidden" to be able to separate those two values.
New Test Patch - Open Tracks
Hi Victor,
what about Open Track Configuration...

Will PubStats give you the correct track config like AS2X and so on...

Will this be considered in a new PubStats version?
No stats will be recorded for open configs because I don't know anything about the custom layout. So I cannot store pb's or anything like that. They would have to be stored by layout.
Hotlapping will also not be possible with open configs.
How hard/much work would it be to include the (semi) official community pack people intend to create there. I think that would be a nice way trying to make people use a standard set of layouts in different league and events, offline hotlapping isn't too important in my view but saving pb's for those tracks would certainly be a nice feature.
The only way I can see that reliably happen is if we include these layouts in LFS as new configs and fully support them, like any other config.
If we'd make a mechanism for stats recording for layouts instead, without including them in LFS, there'd be a zillion different layouts to record stats for (including different versions of the same layout), so that'd become a mess and I wouldn't even want to record stats for such a system I think. There need to be some rules, and hence the layouts should be included in LFS itself as configs. Perhaps then there could be even be path files for them, making everything nicer.

I'm pretty sure there's no time for that now, but perhaps in the future after the next patch and when these configs have been tested, Scawen can be pursuaded to include them, if that's possible.
I think after this test patch, then you guys should look into it. Maybe then only add a select "favorite" 4 or 5 layouts. Seeing as this is actually a TEST patch.
The insim should be used to record, as it works fine with AutoX, the open config would just work as a large AutoX layout and you should be able to score hotlap data from there. It would be nice if there was an option for the hot lap checker to be enabled and reported to the InSim app if someone hits an object, or goes on the grass or something.
Quote from Victor :No stats will be recorded for open configs because I don't know anything about the custom layout. So I cannot store pb's or anything like that. They would have to be stored by layout.
Hotlapping will also not be possible with open configs.

Hi Victor, thanks for your answer.

But what I mean is the host list, not the stats themself.
So if you retreive the host list with all the infos like Name, Cars, Track, Version and so on!
ah right, yeah the host list will show the open configs.
Quote from Victor :ah right, yeah the host list will show the open configs.

automaticially, so no PubStats version change or do you introduce a new PubStats version (v 1.6)?
automatically.

Currently the track is indicated by TCR (track config reverse). The reverse byte so far has been 0 or 1. After the patch open configs are indicated by either 2 or 3 (X or Y).
So the reverse byte's range will be from 0-3. (forward, reverse, forward open, reverse open)
ok, thank's for that info...
so I can consider this in the next mates@track NG version.
&action=counters
type=cars
Quote from Victor :An additional funny is the online-highlights-log-per-country that you can get in .txt format (linux, so with \n line breaks, as is always the case on our sites really) :

http://www.lfsworld.net/highlight_countries/highlights_<Country_Name>.txt

***<Country_Name> Mind the capitals and underscore for spaces.***
Example: http://www.lfsworld.net/highli ... lights_United_Kingdom.txt

For use on your own site

First could you provide a list of current countries that you support, that would be great!
Second, the version 1.5 text file on here is only 162 bytes, and that's because it's text is an HTML error page in a txt file. Something went wrong with that upload.
Quote from Victor :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1268645#post1268645

Thank you sir! (I will use the search function next time, sorry, I was being lazy.)

-- Edit --

Is there anything YOU want to see in the next version of the LFSWorldSDK Victor? I'll of course keep the compression support, but I think I'm going to go back to the old style of reading the binary data, but keeping it's key value as that of the serilzed format, to reduce the cost on servers running the LFSWorldSDK.

LFSWorldSDK 2.0.0 aims to be highly polymorphic in nature, if I like the feel I'm going to write it into PRISM as well. I'm also thinking about chaging the baseline required php version for the LFSWorldSDK to 5.3.0 for the 2.x branch, older versions of php will be supported in the 1.x branch.
-
(Dygear) DELETED by Dygear : Double Post
How many queries does LFS World pubstats do a month? I'm just wondering as looking over my at the pubstats details apparently people are leaving the LFSWorldSDK in it's default configuration because my key that is getting shipped with it is still being used.

May 2010 48051 1272.32Mb Free £ 0
June 2010 58456 1489.08Mb Free £ 0
July 2010 82217 2033.42Mb Free £ 0
August 2010 62572 1519.36Mb Free £ 0
September 2010 52238 1292.31Mb Free £ 0
October 2010 46647 1136.63Mb Free £ 0
November 2010 33928 771.86Mb Free £ 0
December 2010 47180 1051.45Mb Free £ 0
January 2011 46076 1071.68Mb Free £ 0
February 2011 42978 976.31Mb Free £ 0
March 2011 34587 767.93Mb Free £ 0
April 2011 46933 1020.4Mb Free £ 0
May 2011 47844 1077.01Mb Free £ 0

I've not used the LFSWorldSDK in about a year, and I was wondering if we could find out both how much the pub stats is using each month, and how many people are using the LFSWorldSDK. Also, is there anything I can do in the next version of LFSWorldSDK to make it more obvious to you that they are using the LFSWorldSDK? Setting a user-agent string perhaps?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG