The online racing simulator
Quote from aaltomar :
My sarcasm meter went over the chart with Scaven's last line there...

Well it's true. If Scawen says anything more, the forum erupts into thermonuclear war.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well it's true. If Scawen says anything more, the forum erupts into thermonuclear war.

It's going to be a cataclysm!

Sorry for offtopic
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well it's true. If Scawen says anything more, the forum erupts into thermonuclear war.

Whatt to have a bet? Let's see what comes first, WW3 or Shitrocko?
Quote from The Very End :Whatt to have a bet? Let's see what comes first, WW3 or Shitrocko?

In order of most to least likely:
  • AC MP
  • Scirocco
  • WW3
  • 2nd coming of Jesus
  • Universe Ending
  • civilization on mars
  • youtube fixing commenting system
  • colonizing the sun
  • iRacing going free to play
  • iRacing fixing their physics
Quote from The Very End :Want to have a bet? Let's see what comes first, WW3 or Scirocko?

Well, since the situation in Ukraine is getting beyond belief, ill take WW III
I am only hoping Rockingham comes fast.... dont need more cars.... just one real track.... peace.....
Quote from dawesdust_12 :In order of most to least likely:
  • AC MP should come soon
  • Scirocco nope
  • WW3 we shall see how the tension between ukraine and russia will be
  • 2nd coming of Jesus what?
  • Universe Ending 5 billion years? pls
  • civilization on mars when will we find out if aliens live on mars?
  • youtube fixing commenting system yes please
  • colonizing the sun too hot to be colonized
  • iRacing going free to play die-hard iRenting fans can only wish that
  • iRacing fixing their physics not even gonna comment on that one

All of these will be possible, but most likely not within our lifetimes (come on invulnerability technology!)

Sorry if i got too offtopic with this.
Quote from rosewood2 :All of these will be possible, but most likely not within our lifetimes (come on invulnerability technology!

Sorry if i got too offtopic with this.

Why would you wish iRacing went free to play? Are there not enough games out there with broken tyre physics?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why would you wish iRacing went free to play? Are there not enough games out there with broken tyre physics?

I was saying that in the name of the die-hard iRenting fans. I wouldnt wish that.
Some say that the release of shitrocko is the 2th coming of jesus,
I'd say it's the sign of the apocalypse!
Quote from The Very End :Some say that the release of shitrocko is the 2nd coming of jesus,
I'd say it's the sign of the apocalypse!

It'll come when the universe ends.
You are all clearly missing the secret hidden message contained here from Scrawen. That is the problem with todays education system.

Most people believe that the Sirocco is a wind, or a mythical car in a game.

However the name is originally from the Greek, Sirokos. Now try looking at this word and VOLA..........

Sirokos (SEER-oh-kose) Is a brash, tempestuous young man who has been crossed by the Realm and aims to see them brought low for it. In the meantime, he's happy to pick them apart piece by piece, waylaying supplies and people as a brigand and highwayman. Fueled by a fiery nature that shoots first and lets it sort itself out later, he cares little for social niceties or the feelings of others. A testament to the wrathful nature of the Anklok who he counts as kindred. Sirokos does not know the meaning of the word restraint.

Crossed by the realm; - Pissed off by the forum
See them brought low; - Self explanitary
Pick them apart; - All the forum bans
Waylaying supplies and materials; - no updates
Cares little for social nicities or feelings of others;- self explanitary
Counts the Anklok as kindrid; - He's now working on an open world dragon game.

The truth is out there !
It's really sad to see an icon of indie game development, crash and burn this way, destroying reputation and leaving a bitter taste in so many investors mouths. Things are bad when the stalwarts and fanboys of yesteryear are spruiking the competition.

LFS has now reach a point where it has been stale longer than it was active. Clearly it's rather pointless investing in LFS or hoping for a return to any form of popularity. If it weren't for the vacuum of competition in the sim space, LFS wouldn't have staggered on this far. Competition from all sides, have eroded LFS's popularity and community. It's really hard to imagine license sales would support much more than bread and water at this stage, let alone the required time and dedication LFS needs.

Don't wait... Remember LFS for the revolution in sim race it was and move on, like the vast majority have done. They're plenty of options to choose from.

AC looks very promising. In its limited life, AC has managed to achieve remarkable results in the physics area. MP is all that LFS has on it really. Once that milestone is reached, I think it will focus the masses like LFS did and boast the thriving community.
Quote from Macfox :They're plenty of options to choose from.

Is there really that many choices? You have iRacing if you rob banks in the evening to afford to buy content (while paying a lot for still broken physics).

You have rFactor 2 (which I can't speak towards the quality of).

You have Race Room Experience which is a hotlapping game (so far.. still) with a lot of DLC content. Or you have LFS which has a decent amount of content, multiplayer, just a lacking community.

Assetto Corsa is the only one that really promises a LFS like future, especially with Steam Workshop integration for user generated content.

So there's really not a lot of (good, at least) choices out there.
It's all about compromises at the moment. Empty servers and stale content isn't my cup of tea.

I agree AC looks like the best candidate out of the bunch.
Quote from Macfox :It's all about compromises at the moment. Empty servers and stale content isn't my cup of tea.

I agree AC looks like the best candidate out of the bunch.

I would argue that AC is the only candidate.
Quote :it's rather pointless investing in LFS or hoping for a return to any form of popularity.

bombast

Quote :If it weren't for the vacuum of competition in the sim space, LFS wouldn't have staggered on this far.

And it's just coincidence that LFS progress and the number of attractive racing car physics models are both low.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Is there really that many choices? You have iRacing if you rob banks in the evening to afford to buy content (while paying a lot for still broken physics).

Have you tried the Ruf? Doesn't seem like you do. What I read from your posts that you want to have your fun at the price you deem correct, if not, you're going to moan about it, a lot.
You seem to have invested a lot of time on LFS so I can understand you being defensive and hoping Scawen will eventually pull out the rabbit out of a hat.

Robbing a bank? Well maybe if you're a teenager without an income. I would think in Canada the purchase power is pretty high compared to the rest of the world so it really shouldn't be that high of a price.

I just wish Scawen would have announced it some five years ago that he's taken a hiatus from the game development so I wouldn't have wasted my time visiting this forum and hoping for an update. That's what annoys me the most. Don't really care that much for Scirocco.
Nice logic!

iPaying all the time for content and online mode = normal
Purchasing LFS with free lifetime usage = he drives 195km online and wants more,as it's not enough

Quote from aaltomar :Have you tried the Ruf? Doesn't seem like you do. What I read from your posts that you want to have your fun at the price you deem correct, if not, you're going to moan about it, a lot.
You seem to have invested a lot of time on LFS so I can understand you being defensive and hoping Scawen will eventually pull out the rabbit out of a hat.

Robbing a bank? Well maybe if you're a teenager without an income. I would think in Canada the purchase power is pretty high compared to the rest of the world so it really shouldn't be that high of a price.

I just wish Scawen would have announced it some five years ago that he's taken a hiatus from the game development so I wouldn't have wasted my time visiting this forum and hoping for an update. That's what annoys me the most. Don't really care that much for Scirocco.

No I haven't tried the RUF. I've given iRacing several attempts in the last 5 years, and they've not gotten better physics. At this point, I'm confident they'll never have good physics, so I'm not putting another penny towards them (They've already gotten nearly $400 from me in content that I will never use).

And yes, to keep "up to date" with all the plethora of overpriced content, robbing a bank for some gold bars is about the only way to keep an iRacing subscription active where you don't "sit out" a few weeks because you don't have content. Seems like a great deal. Pay for 2 weeks of a month, becuase you would need to spend $50 on the content you're missing for those other 2 weeks.

Regardless, I don't need to care about the iRacing cartel with Assetto Corsa around the corner. Even if it has the worst multiplayer in the world, I'll have gotten 10x the value out of the SP content than I ever did out of iRental
Well, I wouldn't even give my try at discussing iRacing with dawedust cause all he seems to do is ranting on how bad it is, everywhere. I'm glad he didn't invade the iR topic yet since his comeback though.

I see that simracing itself isn't a cheap hobby to begin with, especially not if you choose iRacing as your platform but it's not really that expensive at all when using your brain at the Checkout and Cart. Buying the right tracks and cars would've probably saved around 1/2 of that money that feel wasted.

I also feel that it's still tons of money for a game, but on the other hand I am an enthusiastic person towards my hobby and I love the spirit of racing, therefore I would pay nearly any ammount for a game that can give me the joy that LFS gave me 4-5 years ago which is competition. Pure racing, with cars close to your pace with constant action. When subscribing to iR again recently, I felt something in my first race that I didn't for the past 3 years for sure... That is the shake in my legs when chasing an opponent through laps. I'd pay a lot for that feeling of joy.

I also have Assetto Corsa which still awaits a Multiplayer in my mind, because hotlapping is a lackluster for me.
Quote from Kristi :Well, I wouldn't even give my try at discussing iRacing with dawedust cause all he seems to do is ranting on how bad it is, everywhere. I'm glad he didn't invade the iR topic yet since his comeback though.

You should hope that I invade the iRacing thread so then I can't post negative things about iRacing. Not that it seemed to matter as the lemmings still managed to talk about me even while I was banned.

Quote from Kristi :
I see that simracing itself isn't a cheap hobby to begin with, especially not if you choose iRacing as your platform but it's not really that expensive at all when using your brain at the Checkout and Cart. Buying the right tracks and cars would've probably saved around 1/2 of that money that feel wasted.

You're right, SimRacing isn't cheap, but that doesn't mean that we should be just so eager to open our wallets and let a game rape us in the wallet. As for the content purchased, I purchased what I needed to race the series that I could race. It was just every week I'd have to buy 2 more tracks. Then a season change would rotate the schedules to even more tracks that I didn't have. I eventually got sick of paying so much for shitty physics, with retarded drivers that either drove slower than shit to keep their safety rating up, or T1 heroes.

Paying that much, then still having no better racing than a ****ing LFS demo server.. there's no way I could possibly justify that. And I'm not willing to give it YET another chance. Better to wait for AC, and if the MP is horribly useless there, just give up on sim racing altogether (as it's obviously a dead market).

Quote from Kristi :
I also feel that it's still tons of money for a game, but on the other hand I am an enthusiastic person towards my hobby and I love the spirit of racing, therefore I would pay nearly any ammount for a game that can give me the joy that LFS gave me 4-5 years ago which is competition. Pure racing, with cars close to your pace with constant action. When subscribing to iR again recently, I felt something in my first race that I didn't for the past 3 years for sure... That is the shake in my legs when chasing an opponent through laps. I'd pay a lot for that feeling of joy.

I'm enthusiastic too. I spent $1400 on a new gaming PC (not mac!) for AC to run at a good FPS (and DOTA). But If the market is failing my demographic, It seems more logical to throw in the towel rather than throw more money at
the problem.

Quote from Kristi :I also have Assetto Corsa which still awaits a Multiplayer in my mind, because hotlapping is a lackluster for me.

That's the thing about AC... It's enjoyable to drive. That's what AC reminds me the most about LFS.. is that the feeling of just driving (at whatever pace) is enjoyable. Driving (not racing) iRacing is a joyless experience, which tells me that there's something broken in the experience. Never mind the obviously broken stuff like grip past the limit.
I might be braindamaged, but the time I subbed to iR in this year and bought the RUF along with a few tracks, I opened a practice session with the RUF Track @ Suzuka and the way the car gripped into the first turn gave me chills and Assetto Corsa-like joy when I first tried the game with the E30. Somehow the less-filtered FFB in there complements the lack of actual feeling when it comes to attacking a corner and going past the limit isn't that bad as I remembered it would be around 2011 when I first tried the game. I could probably drift a whole lap on the track in the RUF or the MX5 if I wanted, although it doesn't mean I am over the limit, cause that would be drifting of course, but sliding in or out of turns while lapping isn't a fuss really.

About opening your wallet into your hobby, hmm... I'm trying to find the proper example on this, but I'm struggling. Well, if you choose tennis as a hobby, you probably won't buy a tennis racket for $600 in the first place, but rather building up... in either small or big steps. Or for me, I started playing guitar without even knowing I would success or fail at it miserably and I wanted to learn it all alone, so there was an even less known chance of my performance. Therefore, I got a guitar for like $80 which got me going and I could decide if I was enthusiastic enough to continue. Now I have 3 guitars incl. the first one, and well... the other two cost numerous time the initial one.
I'm not saying you should give up your living for your hobby, I'm talking in spare money. Food is still more important than driving around Suzuka in a virtual car, but that doesn't mean you can't let yourself go and spend your spare money on something that takes your free time and makes it a blast.
Quote from Kristi : that doesn't mean you can't let yourself go and spend your spare money on something that takes your free time and makes it a blast.

That's why I bought AC.
Quote from Breizh :bombast

Bernie?....Bernie Madoff... is that you?

Quote from Breizh :And it's just coincidence that LFS progress and the number of attractive racing car physics models are both low.

That's primarily the result of a tiny sim market to begin with. Development effort in the physics area is a secondary factor, not the deciding factor as you imply.

Developing tyre physics to Scawen's aspirations (given the state of LFS after 6 years), is beyond one person, but that's not to say a modest team of AC's size (10 AFAIK) can't do better. In fact many argue it's surpassed LFS in that area.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG