The online racing simulator
Wow, didn't know these forums are still so active!

I bet S3 is just around the corner
Quote from frokki :Wow, didn't know these forums are still so active!

I bet S3 is just around the corner

I highly doubt it.
I must remind you all that S1 / S2 / S3 are NOT anything to do with anything other than the CONTENT you can access. S3 will be "out" as soon as there is ONE piece of content that you have to have an S3 licence for. It's only dependent on when the content or feature that is restricted to S3 and above are released. Tyre physics are for everyone as a fundamental part of the game, and are not necessarily part of when S3 will come.

Scawen talks about this change in the thread where the community discovers Rockingham, I'll try to find it later.

Meanwhile, let me repeat my opinion:

New content IS needed, but there's plenty of content and ability to use what you already HAVE, as has been proven time and time again. You must be able to put the lack of tangible progress to the back of your mind and realise that there is still great racing to be had!
Quote from dekojester :
Meanwhile, let me repeat my opinion:

New content IS needed, but there's plenty of content and ability to use what you already HAVE, as has been proven time and time again. You must be able to put the lack of tangible progress to the back of your mind and realise that there is still great racing to be had!

I got bored of the current content years ago. And don't be giving that every combo party line crap - the sad part is the future plans for LFS do not yet appear to go anywhere near giving us the quantity of tracks that old timers would find reinvigorating.

Rockingham would not get me going out to buy a new wheel. A set of 15 tracks and the long absent concept of a 5 door 2 litre saloon and a group C might.
Quote from Becky Rose :I got bored of the current content years ago. And don't be giving that every combo party line crap - the sad part is the future plans for LFS do not yet appear to go anywhere near giving us the quantity of tracks that old timers would find reinvigorating.

Rockingham would not get me going out to buy a new wheel. A set of 15 tracks and the long absent concept of a 5 door 2 litre saloon and a group C might.

My point about the content you have has everything to do with quality of racing you can have with PEOPLE in spite of the dullness of the content. I never have and probably never will subscribe to that "every combo" line - several combos are pointless. I would wholeheartedly rather a slew of new tracks and a couple decent cars, but I also know that I have to use the lot I'm given, or just leave it.
-
(Blas89) DELETED by Flame CZE
Quote from dekojester :My point about the content you have has everything to do with quality of racing you can have with PEOPLE in spite of the dullness of the content. I never have and probably never will subscribe to that "every combo" line - several combos are pointless. I would wholeheartedly rather a slew of new tracks and a couple decent cars, but I also know that I have to use the lot I'm given, or just leave it.

Hey! don't knock Fox Rally til you've tried it.

Tracks... tracks....
Forget tracks. What would be cool would be a track editor. Something kind of like a slot car track set up, where you had basic pieces and could be modified that was only limited by the limitations of the person modifying the track and the initial size and type of track section/sections being modified. A buggy or incompatible track online wouldn't happen as the initial track building would prevent it from happening.
Now THAT would be cool. I guess that would be really hard to do though.
But if done that way, the only people that we can whine about for not having so and so tracks would be ourselves.
If I could, I'd re mod So.City into a post apocalyptic city with a working train, race fans that threw crap at the drivers, night time racing and pedestrians.
Quote from S.E.T.H :LFS will die truly only when people stop writing "meh lfs is dead".

everytime such a topic is started it gets hundreds of replies. let alone the readers.

fact: S2 is so amazing already we just drool when we think of how good S3 could be.

Quote from Racer Y :What would be cool would be a track editor. Something kind of like a slot car track set up, where you had basic pieces

think 3D bezier curves and then you have it...
Quote from dekojester :My point about the content you have has everything to do with quality of racing you can have with PEOPLE in spite of the dullness of the content. I never have and probably never will subscribe to that "every combo" line - several combos are pointless. I would wholeheartedly rather a slew of new tracks and a couple decent cars, but I also know that I have to use the lot I'm given, or just leave it.

That's not an option, you must stay on the forum for years. constantly saying how it was much better in 2008.
It was much better in 2008 . . . . . .
i made skin for new car many years ago. very fed up of making car sounds on lfs skin viewer and car not moving. pls fix soon.
Quote from jordyb :i made skin for new car many years ago. very fed up of making car sounds on lfs skin viewer and car not moving. pls fix soon.

Car sounds... LFS Viewer... what
I've been having fun drifting with kb at work so far in pubs. I'm not even tandeming or anything, but it feels just as fun as Forza so no problems here.
Quote from Becky Rose :In regards to the many years of delay and shrunken user base - its my view that LFS self destructed. But I don't regard the situation as unsalvagable.

Always get a good laugh, when I see such posts.

I made similar pessimistic comments many years ago and was shot down by the legions, many lacking perspective and ignorant of the LFS history.

Where are they now?
I have the feeling Scawen has lost his motivation some time ago. Maybe the new tyre physics went over his head.

To whine about lack of progress, expresses your feelings but will not result in any new motivation.

So how about a

GO GO GO Scawen, you can do it !
Quote from yankman :I have the feeling Scawen has lost his motivation some time ago.

Can't be bothered digging up the quote, but he actually said something to that effect several years back. That I understand. But holding content ransom I cannot, especially since no progress is visible and no end in sight after years have passed. Apparently that decision is in the hands of Eric, but he's been recluse for years (from a LFS PoV) and the few time's he participated he's made it clear he doesn't GAFF. So the whole thing is pretty FUBAR.
Quote from Macfox :Can't be bothered digging up the quote, but he actually said something to that effect several years back.

But (IIRC) he also said he's got his motivation back up and what is more is that he wants to end it soonas he's feeling the decrease in income
"LFS self destructed"
So Scawen's a terrorist now? Ahem.

The only sense in which LFS did, "self-destruct", is if you somehow blame LFS the video game for LFS the players, I.E. mostly miserably desperate teeming mass of temper tantrum throwing eager beavers. If that seems like absurd equivocation, it's cause it is.

///
LFS can't be developed faster than it can be developed. If you can't change something, change your attitude.
Quote from Breizh :
LFS can't be developed faster than it can be developed. If you can't change something, change your attitude.

Yeah, like moving a house for some six months... So in a sense you're right. I one doesn't do any work for several years it won't be developed that fast. You actually need to put some work into it. But as long as the license fees keep coming in...

I was a big proponent of LFS when the first alpha came out in what 2002? I even dared to go and try convert the GPL crowd in RSC when LFS didn't have this forum yet. Oh how times change. Even the nicest apple will eventually rot...
Blasphemy... You ungrateful swine... How dare you speak ill of LFS... You insensitive clod... We don't care that you preceded Jesus or your perspective.

The glory days of RSC... Only a handful left now.
Wow, such development, much progres!
(Doge)
Also, you god damn blasphemic ****s will all end up in hell...like everybody else D:
Is this an addiction?
LFS has a twitter account.
Naturally the last post is from January.

Scawen's team is too small. I don't know, but I've been told that you should never allow your income growth rate to exceed your production growth rate.
Scawen needed to invest S2 money in S3 development by hiring people. Job creation is the holy grail of contributing to your community as far as I am concerned. Unfortunately he decided to float a fools-errand project for five years.

Maybe when the business finally bites the dust (or doesn't), someone on the inside will write a story for Gamasutra.
"Live For Stalled Development -- The 12 year journey of Live For Speed"
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :LFS has a twitter account.
Naturally the last post is from January.

Scawen's team is too small. I don't know, but I've been told that you should never allow your income growth rate to exceed your production growth rate.
Scawen needed to invest S2 money in S3 development by hiring people. Job creation is the holy grail of contributing to your community as far as I am concerned. Unfortunately he decided to float a fools-errand project for five years.

Maybe when the business finally bites the dust (or doesn't), someone on the inside will write a story for Gamasutra.
"Live For Stalled Development -- The 12 year journey of Live For Speed"

Quote from dawesdust_12 :

Poepel shud use this thread to brush up on they're speling and proper use of sertin werds in the Spanglish language. And the rite punkuateson two,

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG