The online racing simulator
Nitor Velox
(245 posts, started )
R.I.P Tomek. I've not been involved with sim racing in a long time but seeing this hits me hard. I kinda looked up to Tomek because he was so fast. Hope you're in a better place now!
We had our disagreements after team fallout. Still, spent a lot of time with him and this is quite torrid news. R.I.P. Tomek. May he make friends with Senna on the other side.
R.I.P Tomek realy to young for a end like this......
Quote from N I K I :We had our disagreements after team fallout. Still, spent a lot of time with him and this is quite torrid news. R.I.P. Tomek. May he make friends with Senna on the other side.

R.i.p

Rest in peace Tomek, an awesome opponent and incredibly talented driver.
Even though I only had the pleasure of racing him a handful of times, his talent was immediately obvious.

His consistency and speed made him an extremely tough competitor. This together with his kind and friendly nature means he will be sorely missed.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

The tributes you guys made were fantastic!
Oh wow, the feelings I have inside of me right now are indescribeable. I heard the news today while I was racing in LFS and few people started discussing that IMOL passed away. I was shocked and I couldn´t believe it, but once I checked his facebook page I was speechless...
Although I haven´t been active in lfs for years now, I used to race with him a lot mostly in GTAL and IGTC. I remember the first time we drove and chat together. It was BL1r in GTAL and he was already then a lot quicker than me, so I picked him as an opponent to beat. Since then it was always a pleasure to practise with him and he often shared tips on where I could improve and what I´m doing wrong. He also loved to make fun of my 1bhp Golf!
I have to truly say that I don´t know anyone who would be as enthusiastic and passionate about racing than Tomek was. He had his own beliefs that he followed and noone could change that. He was exactly who he was and didn´t hold anything to himself, if he had something to say, he said it.
His passing away made me really think about how life could be so unfair and end so quickly.
Rest In Peace Tomek!
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
A little news update, and the final one from Nitor Velox at the same time.

After a few weeks after the tragic day, most of the members of the team has come to the conclusion that it would be best for everyone to close the team and move on.

It's better to come out with something official instead of letting the team fade out in the darkness, something I personally wish would never happen, but here we are.

For me personally it's been impossible to move on from the accident, and for the final race in GT World Series as well, the motivation has been absent.

From the teams point of view, the tragic loss of Tomek, no one has been really active, we received a lot of good wishing in the first days, and we are really thankful that most share the same feeling of emptiness and sadness as we do, the future for the team is inevitable, the team will be closed at the end of this message, and nothing much else needs to be said.

It's on the whole teams agreement that we close the team, no one is angry with anyone, but it's simply better to look for better options.

My future consists of an indefinite retirement from Live For Speed, many bright things are to come, and I want to enjoy them fully, when the time is right.

For the last time,
Thanks for the battles we've had on the track and the friendships we've had.

Nitor Velox Management

Over and Out.
Well I don't want to be pretentious in speaking for IMOL but I know that you [Dennis] were one of the reasons that Tomek kept racing in LFS.

I understand the lack of motivation. I lost it too after this news but our plan was to race the 24 and close the doors on LFS for good and that is what we shall do. Hope we will see you guys in the 24. I know it takes alot of effort but it really would be the best way to close the doors as you say and move on.
That's a surprising decision you've made. I thought Nitor Velox would at least try and finish the GT World Series, because that is surely what Tomek would've wanted. Not necessarily because of the points, but more as a tribute. Now you basically ditched all the effort your team have put into the series, including Tomek. The feelings inside your team are of course different than mine or others', but this is how I feel about it.

Really sad to hear.
Telling us would of been a good idea.
That is really sad to hear, Dennis. I liked the team and it's members, but with the death of IMOL, I couldnt get to myself for a few days. So tragic events can break hearts or maybe even, teams. Good luck in the future, Dennis. We will miss you. I am serious.
Quote from Flame CZE :That's a surprising decision you've made. I thought Nitor Velox would at least try and finish the GT World Series, because that is surely what Tomek would've wanted. Not necessarily because of the points, but more as a tribute. Now you basically ditched all the effort your team have put into the series, including Tomek. The feelings inside your team are of course different than mine or others', but this is how I feel about it.

It would take a lot of dedication and motivation from anyone for a successful 24h race, but it's clear that they would only want to give their everything and race for the best result to tribute Tomek, and I can fully understand that they aren't able to find it at this moment.

Anyways, I feel that the decision might be a bit premature, but I fully honour and respect it and I wish all of the members a lot of success in pastures new.
Sad to hear Dennis, I really thought the same as Martin.
Sad to hear. There goes another big team
Quote from Flame CZE :That's a surprising decision you've made. I thought Nitor Velox would at least try and finish the GT World Series, because that is surely what Tomek would've wanted. Not necessarily because of the points, but more as a tribute. Now you basically ditched all the effort your team have put into the series, including Tomek. The feelings inside your team are of course different than mine or others', but this is how I feel about it.

Really sad to hear.

I wish this would be possible, but it takes more than one driver to complete 24 Hours of competetive running.

In nv.'s state, the mentality of the drivers and efforts alike it's simply impossible to fulfill decency in my opinion.

We're certainly not a half assed team, and therefore the decision is not doing a half assed tribute for someone that deserves more.

I hope you understand.
I do understand your decision, Dennis. It's not really easy to move on when such a tragic mark follows the whole team. It's hard to forget and move on when you face the past each time, naturally, because Tomek was a big part of this team.
Goodluck forward everybody in NV.

Held og lykke Dennis! Håber stadig vi kommer til at se dig på nFinitys ts her og der !
That's sad, but I saw it coming to be honest. Tomek would have liked you to finish the series for sure, but also knowing him he wouldn't have wanted you to do it if you couldn't put 110% so I guess that you make the right decision.

I've felt quite strongly about what happened too, as he was a rather big part of my "simracing life" so to speak, and it would obviously be even worse for you guys, and the guys who worked with him in 3id. It's still really sad news though.

Nitor Velox
(245 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG