The online racing simulator
5 days from now they will release 300 new tracks, 100 new cars, new tyre models, improved physics, improved damage, and they will introduce an official Live for Speed series with a 1,000 Euro prize purse.

You heard it here first

Quote from Cornys :5 days from now they will release 300 new tracks, 100 new cars, new tyre models, improved physics, improved damage, and they will introduce an official Live for Speed series with a 1,000 Euro prize purse.

You heard it here first

If only it would be true. Frankly it isn't (unless it is).
Quote from TurboBlaster :
I want more tracks.
I want a good FXR server on Aston

Please, make me laugh more. If you want to drive a single combo all day, why do you need more content?
Quote from Fordman :What, the car, rockingham or S3, you asking an open ended question here?

Made my post more like a response to OP so what I meant was that the car may never be released just like with LX8 back in times.
Quote from TurboBlaster :I am hoping that the developers will cancel Scirocco, who needs licensed cars in this game?

I want more activity from the racers (where is a good FXR server on Aston?) and more tracks.

Quote from Kristi :Please, make me laugh more. If you want to drive a single combo all day, why do you need more content?

Who said i want to drive this all day? Im just missing the old days
Just do one thing. When Schirroco will be released in a test patch don´t report any bugs of it so it can be pushed into final release AFAP
Quote from Bigbob1993 :Just do one thing. When Schirroco will be released in a test patch don´t report any bugs of it so it can be pushed into final release AFAP

Yes do it, so people will complain that it took so long to release a car full of bugs and flaws.
Quote from Bigbob1993 :Just do one thing. When Schirroco will be released in a test patch don´t report any bugs of it so it can be pushed into final release AFAP

I will report that parking sensors don't work (if don't). muhahaha There are parking sensors on LFS's model of Scirocco and in real Scirocco they are activated when you shift to R
By the time it comes it will be totally outdated car. The interior is already outdated and it believe there will be a a facelift to the front of the car for 2014.
I wouldn't be too disapointed if it would be ditched - it would be less of a loss then LX8 GTR.
Hmm,by that though - how about bringing back LX8 and add some LMP type cars to form a new car class? Ok,I'm fantasizing too much...
Quote from Racer Y :Really? That's all we have to do to keep from getting a chick car?
Then maybe we should whine about the Porsche Boxer too. Just to be safe.

I dunno. I kinda like the fact that the cars aren't real models. I wish that instead of ever using licensed cars they continue to make up their own.
Maybe different year models? What would a 1974 RB-4 look like? I think that would be way cooler than some goofy licensed econobox.

Yeeeeah man, totally! You're top, bro, yeah! Why don't they stop making chicks' cars and instead focus on some real MACHO dude's cars, like, like... An Escalade, or something, you know! Yeah, right on! A REAL MAN'S CAR!
PHUQ, just race Power and Glory for real mans cars....
Do RSRBR for rallying.

Whenever LFS actually does an update, cool, that will be sweet.

If you want Rockingham, use Power and Glory, if you want some VW, then use whatever, iRacing, AC, etc, etc...........
Quote from Fordman :What, the car, rockingham or S3, you asking an open ended question here?

VW - Yeah may never get released, like the LX8
Rockingham - Yeah again, like the early Miami Track that was never released
S3 - Hell no...S1, S2 and will follow S3

There is new track/tracks as Scawen already mentioned in his update, so there is loads to come, just maybe not was promised, as times, physics, DX updates, the list is endless changes all the while.

On a personal note, am I looking forward to another FWD Road car....no I am not, would I love a FWD RACE car and CLASS hell year, as I love the BTCC and to have more than 1 car being about to complete would be great and like I said before, the old MG Miget, Austin Healy, Hilman Imp or something like that with 2-3 classes, this would add so much to LFS online, as this is where is really all happens

This would add loads to online championships

Fordie

Just to arrest you on some points here mate
  • LX8 was released, alltho only a very short time and in a very limited patch. Later they made it so that you could not connect to the server if you did not have the newest patch, which removed the LX8 because ... well fukc knows, some random crap about beeing too hard to drive or what not ^^
  • The miami track is actually and early development shot of the track which we later got to know as the South City.
Anything new would be fun, but to be honest I think Scawen has taken a task which he will not be able to finish, and therfor, we'll most likely never see S3. :sadbanana
Quote from The Very End :Just to arrest you on some points here mate
  • LX8 was released, alltho only a very short time and in a very limited patch. Later they made it so that you could not connect to the server if you did not have the newest patch, which removed the LX8 because ... well fukc knows, some random crap about beeing too hard to drive or what not ^^
  • The miami track is actually and early development shot of the track which we later got to know as the South City.
Anything new would be fun, but to be honest I think Scawen has taken a task which he will not be able to finish, and therfor, we'll most likely never see S3. :sadbanana

Tor, the LX8 was never released in a public patch. The version distributed with it was a leaked beta version not intended for public use.

Miami didn't become South City. It was actually a scrapped track. Probably because the 2 were so similar.
Allrighty then! Remember many had access to the LX8 for a while, so guess it got spread out pretty good ;p Too bad I never got to try that thing ;/

Are you sure about the miami track? I'm pretty, not completely sure, that someone stated sometime back that it was an early shot of the South City.

But if Im wrong; WHY THE **** WOULD THEY SCRAP IT? ARE THEY RETARDED?! Too similiar? Most stupid reason for scrapping a track I'v ever heared.
The devs should add the FXO from S1 (massive wing, sexy thing) and the LX6 that apparently (people said about it) has like 300% of power in the back wheels and is completely undrivable (no control, would easily roll) and also the old sound system from S1 I hope you know what I mean by it rolling
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Tor, the LX8 was never released in a public patch. The version distributed with it was a leaked beta version not intended for public use.

Miami didn't become South City. It was actually a scrapped track. Probably because the 2 were so similar.

I remember torrenting that patch years ago, the Lx8 was quite a handful but a lot of fun. I think the reason they scraped it was that it was basically in a class of it's own.

Thought just popped to mind though... would be good to throw an LX competitor into the UFR/XFR class
Quote from mtrein :Yeeeeah man, totally! You're top, bro, yeah! Why don't they stop making chicks' cars and instead focus on some real MACHO dude's cars, like, like... An Escalade, or something, you know! Yeah, right on! A REAL MAN'S CAR!

An escalade..... You know, I think I'd rather have an escalade instead of another ANOTHER front wheel drive car. How many more economy cars do you think we need?

.... or something.... Yeah, Cadillac does make a car that would fit right in with the tracks in LFS. Muscle cars? LOL only if a little more emphasis was put into the drag strip. But I figure if you just HAVE to whine for a car. Like what most of the people on this thread are doing, then why not whine for something that's not in the game? Something that's rear wheel drive and a V8?...10? ... 12? I'm sorry that's such a problem for you. Well. No. No not really.
At best, the Scirocco will be released when it arrives at the end of the series.
Quote from Racer Y :An escalade..... You know, I think I'd rather have an escalade instead of another ANOTHER front wheel drive car. How many more economy cars do you think we need?

.... or something.... Yeah, Cadillac does make a car that would fit right in with the tracks in LFS. Muscle cars? LOL only if a little more emphasis was put into the drag strip. But I figure if you just HAVE to whine for a car. Like what most of the people on this thread are doing, then why not whine for something that's not in the game? Something that's rear wheel drive and a V8?...10? ... 12? I'm sorry that's such a problem for you. Well. No. No not really.

Can you please quote what exactly I am whining about (if anything at all)?

Also, what exactly is a problem for me here?

I would very much like to know what made you write what you wrote (most likely some substance abuse, something which makes you see things, or somesuch).

Anyway... Whatever, I guess.
Wot he says ......

Australasia has only just got through to you US/Euro people how much fun our V8 series can be. If LFS released a NZ Super V8 spec Falcon/Commodore car, Note, this needs no licence, opensource spec, great racing. We have heaps of Aussi's coming over for the series. PHUQ, it would be awesome. Same as upgrade the FOX to NZ Toyota Series spec. 20 places in the series, 19 spots are claimed by overseas drivers now.

There really are great speced cars and racing here and there is no need to pay anything to create an equvilent speced car.
But, thats just so going to happen..............
Quote from mtrein :Can you please quote what exactly I am whining about (if anything at all)?

Also, what exactly is a problem for me here?

I would very much like to know what made you write what you wrote (most likely some substance abuse, something which makes you see things, or somesuch).

Anyway... Whatever, I guess.

Hmmmm...
"Can you please quote what exactly I am whining about (if anything at all)?"
I didn't mean you as in YOU personally. I meant as posters to this thread always wanting either this car or some other. Why did YOU think that in my original post, I was automatically wanting what you thought I wanted.
You know, whatever it was that made you come off with the escalade remark? (most likely some sort of substance abuse... you should share)
But let me ask you something. Yes YOU PERSONALLY this time.
Do you think we need another front wheel drive four cylinder powered car model? There. Happy now?
Grumble grumble grumble think I'll go look for a substance to abuse.
Quote from Racer Y :Hmmmm...
"Can you please quote what exactly I am whining about (if anything at all)?"
I didn't mean you as in YOU personally. I meant as posters to this thread always wanting either this car or some other. Why did YOU think that in my original post, I was automatically wanting what you thought I wanted.
You know, whatever it was that made you come off with the escalade remark? (most likely some sort of substance abuse... you should share)
But let me ask you something. Yes YOU PERSONALLY this time.
Do you think we need another front wheel drive four cylinder powered car model? There. Happy now?
Grumble grumble grumble think I'll go look for a substance to abuse.

I don't think another front wheeled car is needed, no.

You were spot on about the escalade remark... It was definitely substance abuse

But I'm not sharing.
Quote from mtrein :I don't think another front wheeled car is needed, no.

You were spot on about the escalade remark... It was definitely substance abuse

But I'm not sharing.

Well now I'm curious. What kind of car do you want to see?
LOL I'm really liking the Escalade idea. I drive a Chevy Suburban in Real life.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG