The online racing simulator
What happened to Bose321
(129 posts, closed, started )
these changes should of been made early 2009
Quote from R3DMAN :i got banned from assetto corsa for 6 days for calling someone an imbecile due to him posting utter nonsense about the realism of using a mouse to steer the car.. just be thankful that scawen isnt that harsh.

There is no reason to use personal insults ever. If the only way to discuss about something is to attack the character of the other person then you are only adding negativety to the thread and validating his points. And making yourself look like what ever adjective you originally used to describe him.

You really think calling someone imbecile who disagrees with you is ok?
Regardless of what's being debated here, I like to see Scawen stick to his guns as always.
Quote from Hyperactive :There is no reason to use personal insults ever. If the only way to discuss about something is to attack the character of the other person then you are only adding negativety to the thread and validating his points. And making yourself look like what ever adjective you originally used to describe him.

Yeah guys! Listen to this imbecile!

If Stephen Fry was posting here, ( it's an imaginary hypothesise, so I'll go with the theory) I suspect he'd be taking the piss. Watch QI ?

So, is humour racist ?, usually it is. Are we going to be so PC that humour is banned ?, I hope that people can recognise the difference between taking the piss and gassing the undesirables.

Most of my humour should give me a 200 year ban if the mods want to be uber pc, is it racist ?, often, yes. BUT, if a brown person makes a brown joke is that racist ?

If I post that all honkys should be burned and booted out of my country, that probably rates as racist. Let's just ignore human rights and illegal occupations as that's not relevant to the conversation.

If I choose to take the piss, say, make a post about illegal boat people, that's a joke, and from my point of view, aimed at Europeans, rather than the Aussie interpretation of brown people invading their white 'homeland', which, FYI, they stole from the people who had been there for 40000 years.

So, finally, the point........

Is humour, taking the piss, racism ?
If your uber PC, think that celebrating Xmas May offend Muslims so let's ban that, etc etc, then you may say so.
But if that's the world being forced on us, phuq that !!!

To quote the King James Version, let's kick against the pricks......
Quote from Hyperactive :There is no reason to use personal insults ever. If the only way to discuss about something is to attack the character of the other person then you are only adding negativety to the thread and validating his points. And making yourself look like what ever adjective you originally used to describe him.

No, but thats not what happened. He was trying to be clever by taking the piss out of other people.
I invoke the spirit of George Carlin to make a point about humour.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.

One great thing about getting old is that you can get out of all sorts of social obligations just by saying you’re too tired.

The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.

“When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?” This title offends all three major religions, and even vegetarians!

Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

And finally, this really sum's it up........

I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Last year some guy took a low res picture of scawen, eric and victor, and put a text saying: "still beter resolution than RB4 interior" and posted it on the inevitable pics thread...

I copied the link, and posted on an thread at the general discussion subforum...

And I got banned for months, reason: "there was no reason to get personal"

I asked a friend to ask why I was banned, and the guy who originally made the picture and posted it first, didn't get banned, he even linked to his post but.... my friend's thread was soon deleted, and the creator of the image didn't get banned, while I had to wait months...

Don't expect justice on the ban hammer
Finally Racer XYNZ writes something normal and not conspiracy related

I honestly think that people who take offence in some lighthearted, humorous 'racist remark', are contributing MORE to the spread of racism..
Think for a second about that sentence.
So you are offended by the ACTUAL color of your skin?? If someone calls me white, i should cry yes?
That means, YOU, are not proud of who you are, simple as that. Just like some people are born as a man, but in their head and in some mistake in the DNK, they feel like a woman. So they do sex change and all that, and i completely support that. If you are not happy with the color of your skin, do a Michael Jackson.
That's the problem with people from , they're all the same.
Quote from Becky Rose :That's the problem with people from , they're all the same.

Don't know what you are talking about, but you are probably right
Quote from Whiskey :Don't know what you are talking about, but you are probably right

Maybe she meant "people from space"?
Oh for crying out loud, I said this wasn't up for debate, it was just a question being asked as I didn't know what happened to what seemed to me, a really nice chap

Thank you Scawen for clearing things up, and to a certain degree, I think you are right, where do you draw the line, a very difficult one in our cultures. Some people take offence to the most juvenile of things, other's laugh it off, but there does come a point where you, moderating a public forum, have to protect the interests of EVERYBODY no matter what/who etc etc they are.

So people, move on, my question has been answered, so please feel free to close this thread, as to me, this is "flogging a dead donkey"...errrr from no particular country...and...errr...hmmm....he is no particular color and he is welcome here

Oh cheer up ITS CHRISTMAS !!!!!

Fordie
We could get point of that picture even if it would be smaller than 2048px wide, but thank you...
I have sometimes told this planet should be exploded to history...

But I tell this, human is very competitive kind...
Quote from Becky Rose :That's the problem with people from , they're all the same.

Haha, you got me! The fact that, in Chrome, the "text" was a bit mis-aligned gave it away.

Nice one!

Wasn't planning to post in this thread but since y'all got me started -- In the last election in Sweden an absurd, right-wing party made it into government. Since then, and especially during the last year the discussion about racism really took off. Which, without taking sides, is a good thing. It allows people to actually think about what they think, say and how they act.

To me, it's not just about the blunt, full on racism. It's also about the small things, such as the comment that Scawen acted upon.

FWIW, I support Scawen's (and co's?) initiative to bite such behaviour in the bud.
But, what behaviour, WHITE SWEDISH MAN. I'm sure i got you crying and breaking things in your house on Christmass eve with this comment..
Quote from felplacerad :... In the last election in Sweden an absurd, right-wing party made it into government.

I think the trend is that right-wing parties are getting more and more support all over Europe recently. It's not that the voters support racism, more that they see these parties as the only ones who have some sort of policy regarding the restriction of immigration and/or benefits to immigrants, which seems to be the thing a lot of people are concerned about given the unemployment rates throughout Europe as a whole etc.

To put it basically, why should we import more unemployed scroungers when we have enough of our own that we can't afford to support ?
Quote from felplacerad :Nice one!

*deep bow* I've been chuckling to myself all night whilst waiting for the ban hammer :P

I believe the appropriate term is:

trololol.
So much joke.
Much Finland.
Amaze.
Wow.
Quote from Boris Lozac :But, what behaviour, WHITE SWEDISH MAN. I'm sure i got you crying and breaking things in your house on Christmass eve with this comment..

Yes, I'm aware that I'm privileged and perhaps "not one to to speak", if that's your point (because I'm not quite sure).

Thanks for highlighting my point of view though -- That the discussions in Sweden, as well as the one in this thread, are important.

I'm sorry (and a bit suprised) if you took offence.

Quote from Bean0 :I think the trend is that right-wing parties are getting more and more support all over Europe recently. It's not that the voters support racism, more that they see these parties as the only ones who have some sort of policy regarding the restriction of immigration and/or benefits to immigrants, which seems to be the thing a lot of people are concerned about given the unemployment rates throughout Europe as a whole etc.

To put it basically, why should we import more unemployed scroungers when we have enough of our own that we can't afford to support ?

I hear ya. I never meant to take a stance in the discussion regarding foreign/migrant workers, though. Sorry if I did. But that matter (politics), and the matter of racism (ideology), are two separate things in my point of view.

Quote from Becky Rose :*deep bow* I've been chuckling to myself all night whilst waiting for the ban hammer :P

I believe the appropriate term is:

trololol.

Bottom line:

I know now that I've might have jumped in at the deep end with my comments. I must admit I did not give them a lot of thought. But I think that's just how I am. I go by my gut. I'm not well-read enough to get into the hardcore political discussion but I do trust my instincts when it comes to spotting prejudice and a-hole behavior.

Though I'm not perfect. I've got lots to learn. That's why I'm thankful these discussions crop up (edit: and I obviously do not mind when someone (in this case, the LFS forum moderators) stands up for what also I happen to think is right).
Quote from Fordman :I have just seen under his name, he is no longer welcome? I don't usually ask, but he has over 9.5K posts, memeber since 2007 and was always helpful and seemed really nice chap

Fordie

I know that this question was already answered but I'll reiterate it in my own version: He and several other people (won't name them because naming and shaming isn't allowed) got banned for posting racist and/or sexist things (pictures and posts) that made Scawen have to deal with that. They mostly got a 6 month ban.
I know that sexism and racism aren't acceptable, but why a ban? Scawen could've given them at least a 2 or 3 point infraction. But at least Scawen warned us that behaving rudely can get you a "holiday" from the forums.
This thread is closed

What happened to Bose321
(129 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG