The online racing simulator
What happened to Bose321
(129 posts, closed, started )
What happened to Bose321
I have just seen under his name, he is no longer welcome? I don't usually ask, but he has over 9.5K posts, memeber since 2007 and was always helpful and seemed really nice chap

Fordie
and that was seen as "racist" by scawy
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :and that was seen as "racist" by scawy

TBF he must of said more than just that word, I don't think even Scawen is that strict

I have called Scawen a Hairy Biker and Long Hair dude before now and I am still here

Fordie
To quote him, he said "arabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb".
that^

in my eyes that is not racist, but scawy picked it up differently
I might be wrong, but as far as admins and moderators go, I think they are quite responsive to the community feedback. I guess if you gave them a good reason to unban Bose, they would probably listen and give him another chance. No idea if his ban is permanent though, if so it might worth a try.
This really isn't a debate, as I was just asking, but that would be the same as somebody calling me.....BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITISH

I would reply, Thanks for pointing out the obvious, now join the queue

Fordie

PS - Like us British did for the soap Coronation Street, we could do one for Bose HA HA HA.....j/k I know how sad the british public are over a program
Its a temp ban.
I think it's more for recurring behaviour than anything. He's spent the last 5 months or so posting the most useless statements. I think it was more "straw that broke the camels back".
#12 - CSF
He's spent 4 years making useless statements.
Its better to grow up a bit and stop making stupid replies which arent helping anyone. Theres no need for stupid comments like his and many other ones. And yes Fordman, freedom has a limit, and when you use freedom to disrespect someome you are going a little bit too far.

Everyone has a limit, and when he or other user spends all the time messing out in the forums, theres always an end. Tbh, happy that they start setting everyone in their place.
Quote from CSF :He's spent 4 years making useless statements.

<<<<<<<Sounds like someone I know.
His ban expires in like 15 days.

Also Criship, you shouldn't be one talking about uselessness IMO.
Quote from Bmxtwins :His ban expires in like 15 days.

Pot.

Kettle.

Noir.
Quote from Bmxtwins :His ban expires in like 15 days.

Sure, as you say BMX
Quote from Chriship :Sure, as you say BMX

I've been infected by BlueFlaminism. It's this mentality that makes me think I am always right.
Freedom of speech doesn't exist on a private message board, anyhow.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Freedom of speech doesn't exist on a private message board, anyhow.

Yeah. The only thing that does exist is freedom of moderation.
Quote from Fordman :This really isn't a debate, as I was just asking, but that would be the same as somebody calling me.....BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITISH

There is a repetitive racism thing that we are trying to stamp out around here.

It doesn't have to be outright racism, inciting race hatred or whatever. It's bad enough to just try to make some kind of distinction between "us" and "them" which was the tone of Bose's message.

There is no "us" and "them". "WE" are the people who like LFS, doesn't matter if we are male, female, black, white, asian, arab, gay, straight.

Racism is a serious problem on the internet (and in the world generally, though people watch their tongue less on the internet because they don't fear being punched in the face). It's not all about "hard right" violent thugs. It's also about the constant drip, drip of racial comments trying to reinforce stereotypes that do not apply to most people and only serve to put people down, make people feel unwelcome and separate communities. LFS forum is not going to be part of that. It is a place where all reasonable people are welcome.
I don't think though that bose ment it as Arab as arabia, but as the term "arabic drift"
Which is no more racist than English muffin, or French stick (to refer to a baguette)
This thread is closed

What happened to Bose321
(129 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG