The online racing simulator
We know it's practically dead, so
(147 posts, closed, started )
Can I just say this, in this pointless thread, but it sums it up for me, and this was mention during a race online and not my words.....

Its been years since an update on LFS and yet no sim has come close to the physics or FFB that LFS has, and still don't......

Need I say anymore, don't think so

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Its been years since an update on LFS and yet no sim has come close to the physics or FFB that LFS has, and still don't.....

There's a certain newcomer title out in the sim scene which makes that statement false if you ask me.
Quote from Matrixi :There's a certain newcomer title out in the sim scene which makes that statement false if you ask me.

I am only quoting somebody else's words, not mine.... in an open race server

ANd Matrixi, please point me in the direction of this sim, and please don't say Iracing or RF2. I have personally tried both, and well my opinion is not needed here. AC, doesn't run on my PC so I cannot comment, but a good friend of mine that is a professional driver has already said, FFB and physics are not quiet there yet.

Fordie
The author of this thread has a point tho. Saying someone is wrong and that they have not done everything LFS has to offer because they have not driven all the cars on all the combos so far - is just wrong. I dont need to drive Blackwood with every car in the LFS universe to know that Im tired of that track. Sure, it creates some variety, but the track is the same.

One kick to the creator of this topic - was it needed? Probally not, a lot of people share your veiw without opening new threads about it. At same time, as stated above, I somewhat agree with you. LFS has SO FEW tracks, and saying the different combos are new tracks... nope. They are basically just some different corners, it is still the same track enviroment. Just look at Aston. OBOI! SO MANY DIFFERENT TRACKS ON ASTON!
Sorry, no. Aston is Aston. I have tried out several combos, but no matter the config / car, Aston is not so entertaining again.

That said, my post has absolutely no meaning, other than saying that the author of this topic both has and has not a point.
For now I am moving towards the newcomer in the SIM world, which pleasant surprises me. It has it's flaws, a lot actually, but it has development and dedication from it's dev. I belive in that project. Sadly I am not sure if I belive in LFS anymore at it's current stage.

But anyhow, **** you, **** me, **** everything, time to find Jack Daniels OBOI!
Just wait til the bottle is emty, then I'm for sure is going to talk myself to an infraction or two
ROFL TVE....My red bottle is on the last glass :o)

I would love to know this "sim" that surpress's LFS physics and FFB as what I have heard so far, from friends that hay paid for all and sundry, I have not heard a good word yet, about physics and FFB. Content, oh hell yeah, they are raving about content and tracks digi mapped and the such, but really if your racing do you look at the bling?

Fordie
Well, it is no secret, Asetto Corsa.

Again, sorry that I totally de-rail this dickfest of a topic and tries to create some positive wibes to it... yeah **** ME!
ANYHOW! - that game.

It has flaws, really, huge flaws. Some flaws are so stupid that I canot even start to desribe. For example - whatever the settings I do - 10-20 FPS when driving evenings. 60++++ on everything on absolute max on any other time of day. That is, bullshit.

BUT! It just feels... it feels promissing! The fundation is there. It needs work, but it feels like LFS did in the early days - raw, unpolished, wild, entertaining. What LFS lost over the years is that promisses of a bright future. It feels stalled now, and every news we get seems to be dragged out of the devs by force. They seem, unispired. And alltho they claim that they are just working - and I don't doubt that, the spirit is gone, and we're left with the hardcore eliteists of this forum, ragequit from certain devs from time to time and just a big hole of ...nothing. LFS had and is a great game, but unless something new is brought on the table, it will continue onwards it's march for it's selfdestruction.
Quote from Fordman :I am only quoting somebody else's words, not mine.... in an open race server

ANd Matrixi, please point me in the direction of this sim, and please don't say Iracing or RF2. I have personally tried both, and well my opinion is not needed here. AC, doesn't run on my PC so I cannot comment, but a good friend of mine that is a professional driver has already said, FFB and physics are not quiet there yet.

Fordie

AC is what I had in mind. I don't think it exceeds LFS's unique way of delivering precise feedback of what the car is doing, but given how AC is going to have endless content via modding, I'm willing to take that tradeoff gladly as it still feels damn fine and is easily the second best feeling sim out there.
Leave.
And that will help the game? Everyone leaving the forum? Everyone stopping posting on the forum? No more discussion? No more fuzz around the game? No nothing?
Can anyone message me the name of the newcomer?
Quote from Drift1r :Can anyone message me the name of the newcomer?

It's called "LFS S4: RB4 HIGHRESS" edition.
Quote from The Very End :It's called "LFS S4: RB4 HIGHRESS" edition.

With the infamous Limited Edition Rally Pack DLC, only 19,99€
Well, that went right over my head.

and personally, anything is better than LFS at this point in time.
there has been 2 moments in LFS where i really felt refreshed, the first was switching from a 240 degree momo to a G27, the second was teaching my ex girlfriend how to drift.
they both have 1 thing in common, they both had nothing to do with LFS development.
Quote from Matrixi :With the infamous Limited Edition Rally Pack DLC, only 19,99€

Pay additional 4.99 for the polished Shitrokko and LX8 DLC.
Quote from The Very End :Pay additional 4.99 for the polished Shitrokko and LX8 DLC.

How come the rally pack is only 19.99?
Quote from Bose321 :How come the rally pack is only 19.99?

Because that's the year the textures were made.
Quote from Bose321 :How come the rally pack is only 19.99?

How should I know? Ask Scawen, if he is not too busy doing meth nowdays.
Now that i've got all of your attention.

Too red or not red enough?

Oh, wow, just when I thought you can't make a Logitech wheel look more like a toy...

Needs more red though.
Needs more hotwheels
This thread is closed

We know it's practically dead, so
(147 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG