The online racing simulator
We know it's practically dead, so
(147 posts, closed, started )
I hated my latest OS X upgrade too. It was so expensive.
Quote from Scawen :I'm also a real life racer now who considers his tyres and races on tracks that vary a lot due to the weather!

Sounds very good for the future plans of LFS

Hey people don´t cry around here (...LFS is dead...) go playing Assetto Corsa for a while and let the man work on :lfs:
#128 - col
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I hated my latest OS X upgrade too. It was so expensive.

If you have a fairly new mac, the latest os x upgrade is free, if your mac is older, the latest os x update is the price of a new mac = $plenty

My mac runs everything I need it for. Unfortunately, some recent updates for software I use won't install, because the OS I'm using (snow Leopard) isn't supported any more by Apple, so the third parties don't/can't support it either.
Even if I could run the OS versions between Snow Leopard and Maverick, Apple make it VERY hard to buy or download them legally.

Switching to releasing OS upgrades for free is a clever tactic from Apple. More user that can will switch to the latest OS, and fewer will complain when Apple shorten the life cycle further. So long term, Apple can squeeze us even more, what they lose through not charging for OS updates, they will gain back many times by coercing users into upgrading their hardware more often.
Lfs is not dead . Its so alive like every other time when you play it. 1 day ago or 5 years ago . Just hope wonderful DEV-s give us christmas gift 2013 what we dont forget I belive they give us very good christmas gift
Quote from Rynno666 :Lfs is not dead . Its so alive like every other time when you play it. 1 day ago or 5 years ago . Just hope wonderful DEV-s give us christmas gift 2013 what we dont forget I belive they give us very good christmas gift

Ermmm, nope You can believe, but realistically, I don't expect anything but the 3d support.
They used to do that, didn't they? Updates during Xmas? That'd be quite awesome!! I don't think it's going to be too late, even with AC released. If you take a look at the forum visits when the 3D update (the update I think it irrelevant for most of us - but w/e), there were 3000 people who came and took a look. I think most of the community (new and old) is just waiting, waiting for something that they will find worthwhile. For me, that's physics.

We've been waiting for 4 years now, and it's become a habit to check LFS before I get started on work. Always hoping - always hoping that I'll see a dev message on the homepage saying that we get some new content.
Quote from Flame CZE :....I don't expect anything but the 3d support.

Can't wait for that. The UF1 cockpit in glorious 3D
Quote from col :If you have a fairly new mac, the latest os x upgrade is free, if your mac is older, the latest os x update is the price of a new mac = $plenty

My mac runs everything I need it for. Unfortunately, some recent updates for software I use won't install, because the OS I'm using (snow Leopard) isn't supported any more by Apple, so the third parties don't/can't support it either.
Even if I could run the OS versions between Snow Leopard and Maverick, Apple make it VERY hard to buy or download them legally.

please do not spread false statements only to bash apple!

every mac capable of running snow leopard can be upgraded to mavericks!
every mac running at least snow leopard can legally upgrade directly to mavericks for free!
see here: http://www.apple.com/de/osx/how-to-upgrade/

if your particular computer and your user scenario will benefit from that upgrade depends on your personal needs.
if you are afraid that you can not switch back to snow leopard in case something does not work anymore, then make an install on an external harddrive and boot from there to see if maverick fits you - if not, then you can switch back to your original os and everything is like it was before...

peace, mo
sry my NOOB question but you can only 3d support when u have 3 monitors or smthing? or 1 monitor like now and some new thing 3d? :P
#135 - col
Quote from molocco :
every mac capable of running snow leopard can be upgraded to mavericks!

You are wrong!
Please don't spread false statements to bash people who have a legitimate grievance against Apple.

I have a 13'' macbook from 2007. It runs Snow leopard fine, and could run Lion as I've upgraded the memory - shame Lion is now not available on the (cr)App store. This computer is powerful enough to run Mavericks, but it's not compatible because Apple stopped supporting the 32Bit EFI that their earlier 64bit systems used. So you could have bought a shit-hot macbook pro in early 2007 (or much later if buying from a retail establishment), and it might still be able to run rings around current entry level systems, but it won't work because Apple have dropped support.
Only 2009 and later 13'' macbooks can run Mavericks. The reason for incompatibility is because Apple won't provide 32 bit versions of some drivers. They would much rather we gave them money by buying new hardware than they spent money by supporting our perfectly good existing hardware that we paid them good money for in good faith.

I will buy a real computer again soon, and start playing LFS again.
I was under the impression that older MacBook's weren't upgradable because of 32 bit EFI where every one last a certain time has a 64 bit EFI.

As for cost of upgrade, it was in jest as I did upgrade to Mavericks for free. So expensive rite.
^^^ oh, sorry - your macbook is one of the few exceptions, because of this efi problem - but still every 64bit ready mac from around 2008 can be upgraded and that is not bad for over five year old systems.

still you could get a copy of lion from ebay as it was sold on usb sticks also, mountain lion was the first version to be appstore only.

but depending on what you do with your mac that might be not much better than using snow leopard untill you buy a new computer.

peace, mo
Quote from Rynno666 :sry my NOOB question but you can only 3d support when u have 3 monitors or smthing? or 1 monitor like now and some new thing 3d? :P

You just need a high refresh rate monitors and 3D glasses. You can run them on one monitor or three monitors.
Quote from molocco :^^^ oh, sorry - your macbook is one of the few exceptions, because of this efi problem - but still every 64bit ready mac from around 2008 can be upgraded and that is not bad for over five year old systems.

still you could get a copy of lion from ebay as it was sold on usb sticks also, mountain lion was the first version to be appstore only.

but depending on what you do with your mac that might be not much better than using snow leopard untill you buy a new computer.

peace, mo

You actually can upgrade. Snow Leopard was the first OS X to have the AppStore. If you contact Apple, they will hook you up with a Lion download, then after that you can upgrade to Mavericks.
I bought my full s2 license so I could get the Scirocco, I'll wait til I'm dead lol.

Been playing since s1 agesssssss ago. Had to make a new profile at some point. It's been a great ride. Plus with school I don't have the time to waste anyways haha.

I do hope instead of limiting the Rocco they let us stance it out and change wheels lol. (Owner of a stanced mk1 rabbit)
Quote from Blade3562 :I bought my full s2 license so I could get the Scirocco, I'll wait til I'm dead lol.

I don't want to disappoint you but the Scirocco will be available for S1 users as well
Quote from Flame CZE :I don't want to disappoint you but the Scirocco will be available for S1 users as well

Ouch, that was a hit haha
Oh I fully knew that hut I figured why not got big. Plus I bought it when exchange rate made it really cheap haha.
Americans are so stupid.
..and funny.
Dear Racers,

I am going to close this thread because I don't like the title coming up and being the first thing on LFS forum all the time. It's really negative and not good for new visitors to see.

We're working on LFS. There was a slowdown in development after a decade of hard work but we are back on the case now.

There's a new 3D support test patch which isn't for everyone, but what is interesting (apart from LFS working well on any 3D TV) is that the Oculus Rift is now supported and that works well with LFS.

I've also started on the DX9 support, which will not change the appearance immediately but will help with future graphical development.

The plan is to get back on the tyre physics after the 3D patch and DX9 support.
This thread is closed

We know it's practically dead, so
(147 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG