The online racing simulator
We know it's practically dead, so
(147 posts, closed, started )
I'm not exactly oldschool, i've been part of the LFS community for about 6 years now, which is relatively new. But, i have been around long enough to notice development get slower and slower and i've watched hundreds of players leave and new generations come in to an experience that used to be fun.
I understand games/simulators are a lot of work and that the dev's do have lives, But can we please get some content? i love all of the cars, but that tracks are what really start to get old, the same damn corners, all the time.

If the next patch had a bunch of W.I.P tracks on it, i'd be thrilled, even if they have 20% of the textures finished, you know we can finish them.
that's all I and i'm sure many others ask.
I mean come on, LFS as it is lacks sharp turns, banks, hairpins and hills. I would even learn towards saying we need more less professionally styled courses, that, and even the short courses are long and dreary.

I don't know how many courses you have modeled laying around, but import them. redeem the sim.
the point of this post?
Doesn't this just further my integrity towards one thing?
if i can drive the XRT that much without complaining about the vehicle selection then i'm not one to easily complain.

plus this picture would have been funnier if you showed my Fernbay laps, now there's a laugh.

but hey, be biased towards drifters, whatever, just know i was never the type of **** to come into a race server and drift.
Quote from Gutholz :to make semi-funny pictures from it?

Is that supposed to be funny?

He is right, though.
I am not biased against drifters, but you are just limiting yourself.
So many posters who create "want more content" threads only use a fraction of existing content. If you only drift or only do cargame.nl or only race oval or only do cruising or only do endurance,...of course that gets boring after a whil.
But, i'm not bored of the car i drive most.
you race around the track, right? i drift and race around it, just mainly in the rear wheel drive cars, hence i'm fine with the cars, but more tracks would be nice.
Quote from Drift1r :But, i'm not bored of the car i drive most.
you race around the track, right? i drift and race around it, just mainly in the rear wheel drive cars, hence i'm fine with the cars, but more tracks would be nice.

you've got an autocross editor for that, def for drifters its nice
Yes, dodging barriers and cones on a flat surface is just like what i explained in the original post.....
i kinda stopped reading after "But can we please get some content" since there have been a million posts with that in combo with "lfs is dead" and they were all whining posts about nothing.

as said by scawen himself, they are working on it. he already is testing 2 tracks erik is working on.
got a thread link or pics?
Yes, let's release content with crappy textures and made of 2 polygons.

Oh wait.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :he already is testing 2 tracks erik is working on.

and testing Rockingham for 5 years..
Quote from cargame.nl :and testing Rockingham for 5 years..

Ouch. Everyone who states LFS is dead is right. It's just ridiculous that 5 years have already passed by and NO SINGLE UPDATE. What we did pay for? For an suspicious update report which gives no clue, no promise and is pointless, basically. Developers went out of motivation and that's it, 'cos otherwise it's hardly explainable how on Earth we are still waiting for S3? They promised a new content back in 2008, and after an announcement, suddenly "no, we have some issues, let's wait until it's sorted out', and we are waiting for 5 years already. Kunos in a meantime managed to make a new sim with highest technology, best physics and best graphics. Does Kunos Studio consist of thousands employees? No. A bunch of dedicated guys, as, I thought, Scavier are.
Quote from seniecka :Ouch. Everyone who states LFS is dead is right. It's just ridiculous that 5 years have already passed by and NO SINGLE UPDATE. What we did pay for? For an suspicious update report which gives no clue, no promise and is pointless, basically. Developers went out of motivation and that's it, 'cos otherwise it's hardly explainable how on Earth we are still waiting for S3? They promised a new content back in 2008, and after an announcement, suddenly "no, we have some issues, let's wait until it's sorted out', and we are waiting for 5 years already. Kunos in a meantime managed to make a new sim with highest technology, best physics and best graphics. Does Kunos Studio consist of thousands employees? No. A bunch of dedicated guys, as, I thought, Scavier are.

you paid for S1 /S2... and you have got S1 /S2..

whats the problem?
lfs is the best and stop opening stupid threads like that , we have inaf of those already!!!
Quote from seniecka :Ouch. Everyone who states LFS is dead is right. It's just ridiculous that 5 years have already passed by and NO SINGLE UPDATE. What we did pay for? For an suspicious update report which gives no clue, no promise and is pointless, basically. Developers went out of motivation and that's it, 'cos otherwise it's hardly explainable how on Earth we are still waiting for S3? They promised a new content back in 2008, and after an announcement, suddenly "no, we have some issues, let's wait until it's sorted out', and we are waiting for 5 years already. Kunos in a meantime managed to make a new sim with highest technology, best physics and best graphics. Does Kunos Studio consist of thousands employees? No. A bunch of dedicated guys, as, I thought, Scavier are.

I agree.
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :lfs is the best and stop opening stupid threads like that , we have inaf of those already!!!

saying "there's already too many of them" only reinforces the reason there are so many of these threads.
I sometimes don't understand all these emotions, but probably that's simply because of the fact I didn't buy the license in the expectation of S3. Maybe people are testing the theories of Yorick Spiegel or Verena Kast and didn't tell me. Anyways I'm personally tired of these threads. It is like yellow press, always the same story but with different names.
Quote from TFalke55 :I sometimes don't understand all these emotions, but probably that's simply because of the fact I didn't buy the license in the expectation of S3. Maybe people are testing the theories of Yorick Spiegel or Verena Kast and didn't tell me. Anyways I'm personally tired of these threads. It is like yellow press, always the same story but with different names.

Why did you type that in long premeditated analogies and metaphors?
Quote from Drift1r :Why did you type that in long premeditated analogies and metaphors?

Why not?

Btw:
Quote from seniecka :Kunos in a meantime managed to make a new sim with highest technology, best physics and best graphics. Does Kunos Studio consist of thousands employees? No. A bunch of dedicated guys, as, I thought, Scavier are.

That's a bit of an unfair comparison, seeing that these projects are at very different phases of their lives? Moreover it already took Kunos much longer than they planned. pCARS was at one stage planned to be released as launch title for the Wii U.
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :stop opening stupid threads

No, don't take away my daily laugh. Some epic people here, it's very entertaining. Especially the ones with multiple identity syndrome. Lots of them around here
This thread is closed

(147 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG