The online racing simulator
2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
Quote from DeadWolfBones :What? They did the formation laps, arrived on the grid, Newgarden had his issue, and they waved it off.

Oh. I missed the actual broadcast and relied on that video. Looking back now, I'm not sure what I was thinking. :P
Pretty lame they don't penalize Dario for breaking the rule "Must run at least 2 laps on each tire". He changed tires on lap 1.
Yeah, we'll see what happens with that. Seems like a pretty major error in judgment to me.
Loved having Matchett on these broadcasts.
I like that he's there, but I feel like he's been brainwashed to talk about nothing but tyres.
RHR best driver of the year by espys
Luca Filippi P5 in combined practice for Mid-Ohio! Very nice result.
Awesome result for Kimball yesterday. Dude's been on a steady upward trajectory all season. Nice to see Pagenaud get another podium, too. One of the most likable guys in the sport.
That was some serious bullshit. Sad for Dixon.

Red lines are their pit boxes. The penalty doesn't seem so clear cut wrong now.
I think this is a controversial call, but the right one. But, Indy Car should maybe force drivers to pit in a tighter space in their box so that we don't have crews parking at the rear of their stall and others at the front. This way we can maximize the gap.
dixon ran a guy over who was safely inside his own pit area... how is that not his fault?
I don't think Dixon did anything different in terms of driving out of his pit box then any other driver did that weekend, I do however think the pit crew member was not fully aware of his surroundings (he kind of sauntered back and what's the deal with holding the tyre like that, in a dangerous environment such as the pitlane why make yourself a bigger target). It's a difficult call and one I did not fuly agree with at the time but I can see where they are coming from.

My main issue is why the hell did they not repaint the pit boxes?
Well they could easily put tape down or something to mark the box, its pretty unclear where it is, but still dixon's fault
Note that the pit boxes at Baltimore this weekend are 7ft shorter.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Note that the pit boxes at Baltimore this weekend are 7ft shorter.

Dixon should have a field day then! Maybe he can get the crew on entry and exit... No but seriously hope no ine gets hit again, that could have been much worse.
I don't get how, if the pit boxes are that small and are right next to each other, how you're supposed to enter and exit your pit box without going in someone else's? They're only like 2 car lengths long :/
Reverse parking?
Quote from Eclipsed :Reverse parking?

Well, ideally all drivers would pit with the front of the car facing out of their pit stall at around a 10-15 degree angle. Anything less than 0 degrees I've always seen as rather selfish unless there is a good reason for it.. This is in IndyCar especially.

The 2011 Kentucky IndyCar race which I was at saw at LEAST 6 or 7 incidents on pit road for different reasons. It doesn't seem as though IndyCar makes the pit boxes clear most times .
Luca lookin' good again in FP2!
they should put some red semi-permanent asphalt tape down for the boxes, something that would only last the day and then the weather would take care of it. Sure cars would rip it up going out of the boxes but you would at least see the extremities to an extend.

edit: like this, but less durable http://www.seton.com/pavement-marking-tape-m7326.html

edit 2:
Quote :The rules instituted Friday define where pit crews should stand during the race.
As drivers prepared for Sunday's Grand Prix of Baltimore, IndyCar added point-of-reference "courtesy zones" to the outside edges of each pit box to aid in monitoring pit stop conduct. In addition, IndyCar added a rule which reinforces its pit stop code of conduct.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/ ... nalized-at/#ixzz2dVUHuqfq

Quote from DeadWolfBones :

That weird chicane again

I guess it reduces speed, but everytime I see them go through it I go . Cool photos though
That chicane is the sole reason I do not like that circuit.

2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG