The online racing simulator
2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
Quote from Bmxtwins :

And there was rusty wallace karting experience in the parkinglot which was epic despite the track being boring.

1. You were slow
2. You spun out.
3. I lapped you and everyone else multiple times.
Just got back.

I have to say, IndyCar has once again stunned me with their fan access. We got paddock passes both days and, although they were a bit pricey, they are definitely worth it. Got to watch pit stops on Saturday from the pit wall and the grid walk Sunday was priceless. Even got the Penske crews to laugh at the shirt I made (It was ripping Danica, of course).

As for the race itself, I wish there were a few more cautions to keep the field bunched. Otherwise, it was excellent.
My hotel was in the same town as the yuenling brewery, was pretty neat.

Got home to CT in around 4 hours, I'm guessing you sat in Jersey traffic
.Or did you tailgate for a while?

It was hot down there and food was over priced as usual
Yea, Jersey traffic. Spent an hour waiting to get out of the parking lot, then we finally got on I-80 and from there it was still 4 hours to get home (regularly 1.5 hours). Turns out there was a crash in New Jersey that everyone had to stop and stare at, backing up traffic into Pennsylvania.

On the topic of food, did anyone see a Pirogi stand anywhere at the track? Just something my brothers and I were on the prowl for. We were eager to embrace the slovak heritage.
We went 380 to the north and hit minimal traffic tbh. Sat in the lot for maybe 30 mins.

My mom got the car in line while I bought a TK shirt then I just jumped in before she left, worked out better than the 3 hrs to get out for NASCAR.

Kinda sucked section i was in only had benches and not seats tho

As for food, only foreign thing i saw was a margarita stand... Lol
Toronto Race 1 right now.

They waved off the standing start, which means they default back to a rolling start.

Way to go IndyCar...
Well, that was embarrassing.
Ok boys, we are going to do a standing start...nevermind

but remember that you must keep 2 wheels within the race track...nevermind

I wish indycar would pick some rules and stick to them

...and silly fact, this race is not being televised in Canada *rolleyes
Good race so far, though.
Things are really heating up at the front.
Power and Franchitti again...
lol @ Bourdais doing donuts for 2nd place.
That's a win to him!

Will failed massively there at the end.
Dear IndyCar,
Remember when you fired Barnhart, please do it again.
Sincerely, all competent racing fans who are trying to take your series seriously
And...

Quote :Franchitti, perhaps justifiably, sounded off during the post-race press conference about the penalty after it was issued.

“The big thing is all this bullshit at the end, quite honestly,” Franchitti said. “Of all the stuff that went on all day, anybody I raced against would protect the inside, the person trying to pass would go to the outside. I made my intentions clear very early.”

He later added he and the team planned to protest.

“It will be very interesting to know how they make decisions up there sometimes. I think it involves a dice and a blindfold,” he deadpanned.

Meanwhile, the aborted standing start that was supposed to take place today has in fact, been reinstituted for tomorrow. If there aren’t further stalls, that is.

“The fans deserve to see a standing start, so after consultation with the promoter, we have made the decision to implement a standing start for Sunday’s race,” Brian Barnhart, senior vice president of operations, INDYCAR, said in a series release.

Anyone got video of the failed start?
It's not that exciting. They literally just line up on the grid for a few seconds, then the starter waved the yellow flags and everyone pulled away except Newgarden.
#149 - CSF
Quote from PMD9409 :
Will failed massively there at the end.

At least he won't lose the title at the last round this year.

2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG