The online racing simulator
2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
wow, that sucks.
He's had a great career and will leave having achieved so much. Good luck in your next career Dario.
What a shame
Please sign Munoz, please sign Munoz, pleassssseeee sign Munoz.

Or if Di Resta gets out of a ride, he could have a bit of help getting that seat I'm sure with help from Dario.
Argubly the best seat in Indycar is available next year, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see a Current F1 driver in that seat next year.

Possibly Perez?
Why can't Dario race though? I mean, if the limb can be used then its good enough, not like Kubica where he lost the dexterity of his hand..

I find it strange, if I wanted to race that badly and someone said if you race again with your weakened leg if you crash you'll probably never walk again. If I wanted it that badly I'd drive anyway, it's not a dead-cert that you'll crash that hard, in the case of darios crash it was a pretty freak accident.
Pretty sure spinal injury means game over.
At his age, it does.
Quote from Mustafur :Pretty sure spinal injury means game over.

I thought he only had a broken ankle? :S
Nope he fractured some vertabres in his back
Quote from Bmxtwins :Or if Di Resta gets out of a ride, he could have a bit of help getting that seat I'm sure with help from Dario.

"Seat stays in Family, Chip, since my cousin leaves FI with no money."

Anyways I actually believe Di Resta could also go back to DTM for a year or two, with Mercedes seeking to expand their program again to eight cars, there would be two seats open and as 2010 champion he has good reputation. It would be a safer step, seeing that it is a known environment and doesn't need (as much) money.
He wouldn't need money with Ganassi..... he would be taking the Target seat.....
Didn't he break his back ten years ago too in a motorbike crash? IIRC Herta filled in for him that year
AFAIK this time he's been injured in such a way in that if it were to happen again there is a high chance that he would be paralysed in some form or another.
-
(lizardfolk) DELETED by lizardfolk : Making a new thread for this
Allen Bestwick to commentate the indycar races. That will be great
I forgot my eye roll, will be better than Mr.Misscall though

2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG