The online racing simulator
Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
Push notifications work perfectly for me.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :My current phones.

if you had an iPhone you would only need one phone, because it's battery wouldn't run out.
"because it is battery would not run out". Ray, if you're going to troll, at least have the decency to use correct grammar.
Quote from Bmxtwins :if you had an iPhone you would only need one phone, because it's battery wouldn't run out.

lol?
I have 2 phones because I have 2 SIM-cards that I have to use.
When it comes to battery life... Is it really the iPhone you have to come up with? Hahaha. Haha. Ha.

Frankly, all cellphones have shitty batteries, and with processors getting faster, it'll only get worse. We've followed Moore's law for CPU speed, but there's not been an equivalent for batteries. Batteries have lagged behind and until engineers make some great breakthrough in battery technology, we are destined to a similar future.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Frankly, all cellphones have shitty batteries, and with processors getting faster, it'll only get worse. We've followed Moore's law for CPU speed, but there's not been an equivalent for batteries. Batteries have lagged behind and until engineers make some great breakthrough in battery technology, we are destined to a similar future.

Two words; planned obsolescence.

2 sim cards, long battery life.
Quote from wildstyle :Two words; planned obsolescence.

Not really, there's just not been any real advancements. We look at CPUs and they have some new feature coming every 6 months. Along with being smaller, more efficient and producing less heat.

Batteries haven't. We are using the same battery technology for the last 5 years in our phones, which it's still not a "new" technology either. We need a battery that just is significantly better than current batteries.

That shy buying phones with the fastest CPU is a bit stupid right now. Battery just gets slurped like a prostitute on rent day.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Push notifications work perfectly for me.

And do you ever turn off the data/WiFi connection?
Absolutely never. I'm always connected to receive your dirty sexts baby.
And battery with that usage, 12 hours?
Depends on what I do with it. If I'm literally on it and playing games, chatting on IRC, internet browsing I can burn through my battery in a few hours.

If it's in my pocket most of the day, the odd phone call and texting it'll last 12 hours. This is after having my phone for a year.
Damn i'm so not used to that. Wildfire with it's slow hardware got 2.5-3 days easily, with wifi always at home and Edge outside on occasions.
Now with this Lumia 520 it's a day, day and a half max, but seeing how most of you burn it in 12 hours guess it's not that bad then..
Quote from wildstyle :Two words; planned obsolescence.

thats only an issue with phones that have a built in battery which especially if its a lipo will be broken after about 2 years
My phones: HTC Legend and HTC One M7

Nokia 2125i (plastic brick pile of shit)
Attached images
1053303_10152948719795046_461274526_o.jpg
413183_10152982569950046_1126456824_o.jpg
why do you need 2 phones?
Because they can afford them.
iPhone 4S Black 16GB (Rogers)

Had to get this new iPhone 4S in Jan. 2012 after leaving my iPhone 3GS in a taxi on new year's eve and never being able to get it back.
Set it and forget it. (Find my iPhone, that is). I can't tell you how many times I've used it to find my iPhone in my own house.
I actually had it on. I knew where the phone was and found the taxi, but it was parked at some big apartment complex. After 2 days, it went off the radar and never herd of it again. The driver definitely stole it. :|
I was bored.
Attached images
iphone 4s gulf.png
I still don't understand how families deal with these outrageous cell phones. I have 4 old cheap chinese Android phones on prepaid that costs me $5/month for each phone since all we do is use them for texting. Phone calls are $0.10/minute for our maybe 6 phone calls per year we make and no data (I use on wifi at home and at work.)

If I was to upgrade and go out and get the latest and greatest like everyone else, it would cost me $1000 for the phones themselves, $144 to activate them, and for the lowest I can see, $200/month.

How do you all do this? And why am I the fool to have a loan for the same amount for a new car that gets me back and forth to work to make me money?

As for my phones....

2 of these, AT&T Avail / ZTE Z900 (I think)

and 2 of these, AT&T Fusion 2

On AT&T GoPhone prepaid $5/month text, $0.10/minute call, wifi only each.
Phone as a single payment (~600€) and just monthly unlimited/fastest data plan after that (~13€).

Perks of being a bachelor I suppose.

Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG