The online racing simulator
Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Eww, a fake Nokia?

Yeah. It wasn't my fault, thought. I weren't even in the company when they purchased it
Nokia Lumia 720, very pleased with it.
How can you deal with Windows even on your phone.
Quote from Mysho :How can you deal with Windows even on your phone.

Because, like on the desktop, it's a brilliant OS? Not that hard really.
Quote from Mysho :How can you deal with Windows even on your phone.

Wrote from his Linux, compiling that smiley as a {/c:/ ":" = _{"D"}

Bought it 1 yer ago, quite happy with it, but I'm looking for a Xperia ZR now. Sony is doing great with the last generations, screw Samsung with their childish interface, ugly design and crappy plastic feeling

I love it, so small that fits in pocket, and sound is very clear and good games etc.
Quote from NitroNitrous :... but I'm looking for a Xperia ZR now. Sony is doing great with the last generations, screw Samsung with their childish interface, ugly design and crappy plastic feeling

amen to that (coming from a samsung fanboy). I've been disappointed in samsung lately, even galaxy s2 was a bit letdown for me on quality wise, even my Monte was more reliable. Also Sony design and menu, just can't resist it... while samsung looks ugly in any way lately.
Only thing that samsung has had advantage over sony so far is screen imo.
Quote from Speed Senna :

I love it, so small that fits in pocket, and sound is very clear and good games etc.

Hi 2002 :wave2:
Trying to decide between the HTC One and Lumia 928 for my next phone (though I'll have to see what the Moto X is all about). I like Android overall, but the incessant lagginess even on high-spec'd phones is driving me nuts.
I think I'm going to get a One when I upgrade in October.

I don't use Windows on the desktop any more (I have an iMac and a Windows 7 box on my desk at work and I only turn the Windows box on to do IE testing) so I can't imagine tolerating it on a mobile device.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Trying to decide between the HTC One and Lumia 928 for my next phone (though I'll have to see what the Moto X is all about). I like Android overall, but the incessant lagginess even on high-spec'd phones is driving me nuts.

That's what made me go for WP8, i've watched like a hundred of reviews so far and the system works butter smooth. Getting the Lumia 520 these days..
Been playing around with a Lumia 620 for the past week and I'm really enjoying it so far. Way more than my Galaxy Nexus, anyway.
Which high end Android phones have been lagging for you?

TBH I'd go for the One Google Edition running vanilla Android. It's as smooth as silk.
I mainly use Galaxy Nexus, not the highest specs by todays means(1GB RAM, dualcore CPU), but it runs vanilla android, and smooth as silk.
Quote from Matrixi :Which high end Android phones have been lagging for you?

TBH I'd go for the One Google Edition running vanilla Android. It's as smooth as silk.

The Galaxy Nexus, as I said.

The problem is that it's really smooth most of the time, but occasionally it'll lag for 5-10 seconds just opening an app or waiting for a press to register. Seems entirely random and it's annoying as hell. Oh, and battery life is terrible, too. (Though I think that's mainly due to 4G.)
Right, thought you meant you've had issues with more phones than one.

GNexus was pretty much mid-tier in speed even when it came out though, so it's not that surprising, I was more annoyed by the Pentile screen on it rather than the hesitation. High end Android phones in the past couple years have been really snappy from what I've tried. Running One X (with the battery killer Tegra 3) on CM10.1 myself, and it never hesitates or drops under 60 FPS in general usage.

I just can't see the point in moving to iOS or WP8 from Android. You're just locking yourself in to a closed garden, along with very limited app support on the WP platform.
Quote from Matrixi :Right, thought you meant you've had issues with more phones than one.

GNexus was pretty much mid-tier in speed even when it came out though, so it's not that surprising, I was more annoyed by the Pentile screen on it rather than the hesitation. High end Android phones in the past couple years have been really snappy from what I've tried. Running One X (with the battery killer Tegra 3) on CM10.1 myself, and it never hesitates or drops under 60 FPS in general usage.

I just can't see the point in moving to iOS or WP8 from Android. You're just locking yourself in to a closed garden, along with very limited app support on the WP platform.

The cause for most of the android bashing comes form the android cheap phones, people try out the 100€ phones and judge the whole OS by that.
Quote from Matrixi :Right, thought you meant you've had issues with more phones than one.

I've had these issues on more than one phone, but the GNex is the most powerful one I've owned.

It's not the most powerful phone, but it should be plenty to run Android smoothly. And it does, sometimes. Whenever I install a new ROM, it's great for a week or two and then gradually slows down to the point of being a pain in the ass to use. Today, for instance, I installed CM10.1 and it's flying again—but I know it won't last.

At this point, the excitement of a million apps and whatnot has worn off for me, and I really only use my phone for a few specific tasks—primarily, texting, audiobooks, music (Spotify), web browsing (Chrome), reading news (Pocket), navigation, and taking photos. All of the major mobile OSes can do those things, so the depth of the ecosystem is essentially a non-issue for me (though staying with Android would admittedly be ideal to maintain the integration with Google services).

My main wants for my next phone are (in no particular order):
-Best camera I can get
-Best battery life I can get
-Smoothest, most reliable interface I can get
-Best build quality/design I can get

So my main contenders at the moment are:
1. HTC One (camera, design/build, smoothness?)
2. Nokia Lumia 928 (camera, design/build, smoothness)
3. iPhone 5/6 (camera, design/build, smoothness)
4. Samsung Galaxy Note II (battery life, smoothness?)

I'd love to test drive the Lumia 1020, but AT&T is a no-go for me. Oh well.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It's not the most powerful phone, but it should be plenty to run Android smoothly. And it does, sometimes. Whenever I install a new ROM, it's great for a week or two and then gradually slows down to the point of being a pain in the ass to use. Today, for instance, I installed CM10.1 and it's flying again—but I know it won't last.

Yeah, it shouldn't really hesitate too much when everything's working like it should. Sounds like the problem might be caused by some app(s) you're running if the phone is fine after a fresh rom and gets worse over time, ever tried diagnosing it? Logcat helps a ton to figure out what's going on in the system.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Trying to decide between the HTC One and Lumia 928 for my next phone (though I'll have to see what the Moto X is all about). I like Android overall, but the incessant lagginess even on high-spec'd phones is driving me nuts.

you may suffer lag on official bloated firmware,try downloading a custom rom from xda.devolopers.com and any lagginess is usually gone. i had the lg 4xhd which even though a quad core nvidia phone they are known for occassional lag aswell as overheating but both was fixed with a cust rom,
He just wrote that he changes roms all the time And that sucks, i'm nowhere near a tech noob, but i just can't be bothered with rooting and flashing roms, tried it once on the Wildfire with a suposedly 'very easy to do' root, and ofcourse it wasn't easy and it didn't work, very annoying blue screen appeared on the phone and that's something i don't want to see and do on the damn phone, it should work fine out of the box without those acrobatics..
Quote from Boris Lozac :He just wrote that he changes rom's all the time And that sucks, i'm nowhere near a tech noob, but i just can't be bothered with rooting and flashing roms, tried it once on the Wildfire with a suposedly 'very easy to do' root, and ofcourse it wasn't easy and it didn't work, very annoying blue screen appeared on the phone and that's something i don't want to see and do on the damn phone, it should work fine out of the box without those acrobatics..

Wildfire is a bad example, that has a locked bootloader, and you need to flash a older original rom to unlock the bootloader to root the phone.

Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG