The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :And that just shows the race where I had the issue? It's a bug when you start from pitlane it seems that the car handles more like junk than usual.

The times I was doing offline before jumping into that were 1.14's on race fuel.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. I would like to think that it's cold tyres having the desired effect, having sat so long. At least, that's what happened to one of the DWC guys, after a few laps temps came back up and the car started handling again. Or, it's a show-stopping bug, which is more likely.
Quote from JackDaMaster :I dunno what the max speed you reach in the mx5 is but I do know that it can stop from 60mph in 35m (and thats the road version)..

Holy sheet.
Dear lord.
Oh my, that is full of awesome
Awesome.
I saw that happen 3 times in this years Daytona 500. Good that iRacing has replicated this behaviour.
Quote from jmeade :So when that happens, does the spotter still say "car high"?

It's not the car that's high.

#161 - CSF
That's what you get when you use .vob mods.
running 3rd in my NIS race and a lapper spins on lap 44/45 on the STRAIGHTAWAY and causes me a blown motor..

idiots...
iRacing is dropping connection after anything from 5-30 minutes for me after the last build. Running fine up until that point. Other games I can play for hours, and even while playing iRacing and the connection drops Teamspeak snd skype and other services stay connected.
Any tips?
I won't bother asking on the iRacing forums, cause nothing is ever wrong with the service there...
There's a complaints section on the bottom of the forums where you will find likeminded as you so you don't have to be afraid of fanboys there.

My teammate had the same problem as you and he got it fixed, but just to be an ass, I'm just going to tell you to go there and search yourself.
unlucky Ray
Im struggling because of my dumb pedals. And I just cba to practice. But thanks for the video.
So my friend bought the basic 3month iracing package, so after a couple hours trying the mx5 i like a few things on the game but i feel the oversteer is hugely exagerated, and near impossible to catch, is this a setup thing or is the game just not spot on in that car's physics?
driving on default setup with a g25+ h pattern shifter.
What's your wheel settings in windows/ingame? I think it's a combination of the car + setup + drivingstyle as several of the IRL MX-5 Cup drivers say it's pretty close to how it's supposed to drive. But yeah it can be quite a handful when you are a rookie to control at first, but it's a learning process like every new car. Check the MX5 forum section for tips.

Quote :Christian Szymczak IRL MX5 racer:
Thanks very much for checking out the video guys! I think that the iRacing version is pretty close. There are definitely differences in some of the behaviors but in RL we are also dealing with a track surface getting hot from the sun, tires wearing out because of doing so many laps, and setups that may not be drive-able in the sim In the fast stuff, there was no such thing as understeer on those days! Too much steering input would result in oversteer every time if you were on the limit! The car was on a total knife edge in the fast esses and turn 10 in particular was a little scary I must admit.

Quote :Elliott Skeer IRL MX5 racer:
OMG whatever you (and Eric) did, it is on another level.
Ive been doing a lot of laps at Sebring prepping for Rd1 and when I got in for the first time with the new build, I felt in the car. I would just go through corners yelling "Yes!", it just felt so right and was reacting to everything just as I would expect the real car to. The magic wand has been waved over the MX5, and I love it!
Now just do that with every other car and nothing will touch iR.

i believe the game settings were default, we did test between 300,500,700 and 900º and nothing really helped with the insane struggle it is to catch the slightest bit of oversteer. the usual turn in small corrections or corner exit are just a habit yes, but if you induce lift off oversteer for example, theres no way to recover, when you do, the car has stopped
Quote from Barroso :i believe the game settings were default, we did test between 300,500,700 and 900º and nothing really helped with the insane struggle it is to catch the slightest bit of oversteer. the usual turn in small corrections or corner exit are just a habit yes, but if you induce lift off oversteer for example, theres no way to recover, when you do, the car has stopped

Was that in windows, ingame or both?
The MX5 always felt twitchy to me. I'm not sure if they have fixed it or not. The Solstice is free and should be much more controllable.
Quote from Barroso :i believe the game settings were default, we did test between 300,500,700 and 900º and nothing really helped with the insane struggle it is to catch the slightest bit of oversteer. the usual turn in small corrections or corner exit are just a habit yes, but if you induce lift off oversteer for example, theres no way to recover, when you do, the car has stopped

I just re-read this, ignore my previous post.

What do you mean by default ingame? There is no default ingame, first time you start it up it asks you to calibrate the wheel, what did you calibrate it to when it asked? You need to make sure you have 900 in windows AND 900 ingame. Also think weight distribution on entrys to make it more stable, give it some rev-matching/blipping to balance it out.

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG