The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :Can't feel it? What you want? The fog jumps out of screen and bites your nose? How does fog feel in real life? Or do you talk about feeling?
"Oh your a shitty wannabe cloud Fog, **** off!" *Fog gets depressed*.

I am curious, how does fog feels?

Are you for real? Fog is moisture. Fog is everywhere.

Moisture. Everywhere.

When it's foggy shit gets damp.
BlueFlame, give them a break. It was a lot of work for the iRacing team to add a draw distance slider and call it fog.
fog might be a nice way to hide all the ugliness on Long Beach
Well it's true... Not providing any physics changes to fog and instead just making it all cloudy.. It's what many games have as an option for computers without good enough GPUs to reduce draw distance (while not having an abrupt and obvious end to where drawing is occurring).

It's like the easiest slider in the world. Don't hate when it's the truth.
Shut the **** up already.
Dustin is right and he has a point
If they added that and it helps people with less frame rate then that's a great thing!
I had to leave after 20 mins, we got a kitten and he was playing uo.. Damn!

I recon i would of been in for a good result in class, i think i set a decent lap time aswell with a 1'36.6.

Problem is with the car is that every corner doesnt feel like your in any sort of control what so ever, each corner is just full of hope lol.
Quote from release notes :Cars will drive differently as the weather changes. You may find that you need to alter your
setup to get the most out of the car under different weather conditions.

doesn't this mean it's got some physics changes too?
Quote from menantoll :doesn't this mean it's got some physics changes too?

There's no physical difference at all.
-.-
there is actually slight differences
#89 - DeKo
Quote from R3DMAN :He has a point tho.

Really? No-one is denying that Fog is an easy thing to add, and we all know it doesn't affect the weather conditions yet. What exactly is his point? Proper weather will come in time, this latest build with variable weather is a step towards that. It picks a time of day (bigger deal than people think, first step to 24 hour cycles) and sky randomly based on the conditions, which then affects the track and grip. Wind also plays a factor, and it also gusts. They are getting there slowly but surely.
Great input from the people who have no clue and just love to troll. The fog does change the behaviour of the cars and engines. Sit down people...
The fog changes nothing, the humidity and temperature does.
We're all weathermen now it seems
Well it isn't hard when talking about iRacing weather.
It least it has weather
I must agree with blueflame on the L49. Resubbed to try it, but chocolate tires is a very good description.
in rFactor2 you can feel everything the car is doing at each corner, they are sublime on a well rubbered track and everything up to temp. The iRental one feels like it has wooden blocks for tires. And unlimited grip available for accelerating. I haven't lost it under acceleration ONCE in a night of playing. Maybe the rF2 F1 cars have prepared me for it, but at least they communicate. iRental Lotus is a mute....
Quote from atledreier :I must agree with blueflame on the L49. Resubbed to try it, but chocolate tires is a very good description.
in rFactor2 you can feel everything the car is doing at each corner, they are sublime on a well rubbered track and everything up to temp. The iRental one feels like it has wooden blocks for tires. And unlimited grip available for accelerating. I haven't lost it under acceleration ONCE in a night of playing. Maybe the rF2 F1 cars have prepared me for it, but at least they communicate. iRental Lotus is a mute....

Not sure what you're driving. The L49 is the most communicative car in iRacing.

I'm no fan of the feel of iRacings physics, and a huge critic of the tyres over the last few years, but i cant fault them over the feel of the 49, it's tyres, or the feedback it produces. The same goes for the Skippy now, which i hated before.

I only resubbed to try out the 49, and I'll be extending my sub again now.
didn't drive the Radical before but it feels really good now and drives somewhat like the Radical PR6 i got to test last year so im having a blast at Montreal
I really thought I'd hate the L49 but it's really the rewarding car of restraint!

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG