The online racing simulator
I'm lagging too much!
(21 posts, started )
I'm lagging too much!
Okay, so I have restarted my system multiple times, but it's still lagging in single player and I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions on solutions?
post your systems specs?
Well i have same issues here , first of all you should tell us what kind of modem , router and other specs you have . Make sure your torrent and anything other that may juice your internet is off. Call your isp , also the further the server from you the more ping you will have . I have about 80-110 ms in a good day , in a bad day iam 250+
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :Well i have same issues here , first of all you should tell us what kind of modem , router and other specs you have . Make sure your torrent and anything other that may juice your internet is off. Call your isp , also the further the server from you the more ping you will have . I have about 80-110 ms in a good day , in a bad day iam 250+

I guess that won't solve lagging in single player mode though.
Quote from GAVD999 :post your systems specs?

If you're talking about the numbers in the upper-right hand corner, it's usually lagging when under 20. It was originally at 80-99 range. If there's anything else you're talking about, I won't know about it.

This isn't the first time it's happened either. But it is the first time it hasn't worked after multiple tries.
he means your computer specifications. Ram, Graphics Card, Processor etc
Quote from Flame CZE :I guess that won't solve lagging in single player mode though.

Lol didnt notice the single player part
Quote from Texpelt88 :If you're talking about the numbers in the upper-right hand corner, it's usually lagging when under 20. It was originally at 80-99 range. If there's anything else you're talking about, I won't know about it.

This isn't the first time it's happened either. But it is the first time it hasn't worked after multiple tries.

if you used to have 80-99 frames and its only at 20 that's a problem. Something has drastically slowed your system.

Are you plugged into the right graphics card? Maybe you accidentally plugged into the integrated and not your higher end card.
Quote from Bmxtwins :if you used to have 80-99 frames and its only at 20 that's a problem. Something has drastically slowed your system.

Are you plugged into the right graphics card? Maybe you accidentally plugged into the integrated and not your higher end card.

As much as I would love to nod my head, I have no clue what you're taking about.
He wants you to check if the cable going from your monitor to your PC is in the right slot on the PC.
Overheating of graphics card in summer? Or malfunctioning cooler fan?
Just type here your system specification? Then someone will be able to help you effectively.
I would like to reply on here but my phone is running low.
Check if your cable from the monitor to the PC is in the right port if you have a seperate graphics card.
Or check the task manager if there is something high demanding going on.
Or it's your screen resolution being set higher than you normally had (this one would explain a lot )
Quote from holy mate :I would like to reply on here but my phone is running low.
Check if your cable from the monitor to the PC is in the right port if you have a seperate graphics card.
Or check the task manager if there is something high demanding going on.
Or it's your screen resolution being set higher than you normally had (this one would explain a lot )

Now I get it, you all thought I was on a desktop. No, I have a laptop. With that, I also keyboard all of my races with very stressful accidents that I can't explain more than half the time.

Good news though, I laid off a couple days and tried again. Just now, it's back to normal, but I'm not able to get online yet to download the "patch" for online racing. If anything comes up, I'll be sure to let y'all know.
I think we'd most guess Gpu overheating, happens very often in notebooks. Also beware of malware that uses your Gpu to mine bitcoins, it'll push your Gpu to 99-100% usage, use windows malware removal tool. In search I think it's just 'MRT'. It'll update and scan, these malwares are notorious, especially for people who torrent games.... Makes sense...

Anyway if you have more problems, try that, and also post alll of your specifications, hardware, OS, anti-malware/anti-virus, etc. No such thing as too much info. GL

-David
I tend to believe its a GPU overheating problem too. I'm having the same issue from time to time and the temporary solution is to vaccum clean the laptop. It might sound a little bit stupid, but it actually works.
Sure it works.. Laptops eat dust like crazy. But to do it properly you actually in most cases need to rip the laptop apart because large flocks of dust can get clogged up between the fan section and 'radiator'.

Only seen Asus laptops so far which did a more then average job in keeping dust out of the ventilation system.

But if its a GPU problem you can easily detect that because you will be unable to rest your hand on the (back of the) laptop or on your legs because ~100C/212F degrees! We still don't know the specs of that thing, does it actually has a GPU or is it another low end thing without any graphical power to start with? Why are people with a problem 90% of the time very uninformative?

Quote from cargame.nl : Why are people with a problem 90% of the time very uninformative?

The 10% are able to find the answers themselves
Anyone with a PC that they care about should at the very least have these two apps. They're simple, no install, just a small *.exe that runs and uses virtually no resources at all, just watches your system.

This one is uber: http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.23-setup.exe

And this is great for watching your Gpu activity, temps, fan speeds, etc: http://www.techpowerup.com/dow ... u-z-v0-7-2/start?server=6

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to say what they're called First one shows in the link, it's HW Monitor by CPUID, very trustworthy and awesome. Second is GPUZ by TechPowerup, again awesome and trustworthy.
Thanks for all the information, I'm very grateful and I didn't actually know there could be so much more information than a simple reset. But hey, this is one of the many things that I can learn when I go to get my Computer Science: Gaming Technologies Degree. Hopefully in the future, maybe I can help you guys with something in return.
You welcome!

I'd like to add, that if your laptop is 3 or more years old it would be essential taking it to a computer service having it's thermal grease renewed.

The thermal grease which makes the contact of the heat-sink and CPU or graphics card, gets old and the whole cooling efficiency is seriously degraded.

Like Cargame.nl said, it's mostly the dust clogging the heat-sink fins and sticking on the cooling fan reducing a lot the air flow.
Compressed air or vacuum should only be used when you can keep the fan stopped because it might destroy its sleeve bearing from excessive rotation speed.

When a laptop overheats (if that's the issue) reduces performance to keep temperature down (aka Throttling). The amount of throttling depends on temperature or characteristics, sometimes difference is noticeable especially if it's low performance first hand.

I'm lagging too much!
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG