The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
iRacing - chapter III
I'm sorry the last thread was closed and any part I played in that.

I hope we can keep this civil, With on topic discussion about what is going on in iRacing. Good and bad.

Group Hug?
Guess we could kick it off with this.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Now, how many are excited about Montreal thats coming out in a couple of weeks, finally another real F1 track added

Should be pretty good. Not that I'm probably ever going to drive the F1 on it but I still think it's an enjoyable track.

I also really wanna try Long Beach (tech track, I know)
Wow, propps to Scawen for realizing there was someone who kept making the other thread a spam thread.

I was kinda surprised they removed the fixed proto/gt for next season, and mclaren only in 1 series
On the otherhand, all nascar series have a road course added .
I guess they could've left GT Challenge with the MP4 alone, but Im glad the Vette and GT are only in PaGT now.

(I'm kinda gonna miss the fixed , but there should be some damn good racing in the GTs next season.)
Taking fixed out is great. The base/fixed sets are already very good. Minor changes and you can get to some good times after a few laps. Plus plenty of people post setups on the forum.

And with Canada, maybe iR will give us super softs for the track so we'd actually have some rear grip for the F1.
I subbed about two weeks ago. Every time I tried to race, the servers needed maintenance. Now I can't run at my license level because they moved to tracks I don't own.

This will most likely be the last time I subscribe to the current structure of iRacing.
Quote from Rappa Z :I subbed about two weeks ago. Every time I tried to race, the servers needed maintenance. Now I can't run at my license level because they moved to tracks I don't own.

This will most likely be the last time I subscribe to the current structure of iRacing.

It's unfortunate that it happened just when you had re-subbed. Most times its just for a couple of hours anyway.

But what structure do you mean exactly?
Like, I could live with the pay subscription if I didn't have to wait until a certain time to grab a race. I'm a (surprisingly) busy person, so it's hard to get some time to drive. Then, when I finally do, chances are I'm too tired to bother.
there are races every 15 minutes in one serie or another
But I have almost no usable content.

There is an easy solution to this problem, me throwing $300 at the screen for some new stuff, but I'd really rather not.
If I was trying iR again for the first time, I wouldn't even think about buying the content etc. Would be in the same boat. I just got lucky being in beta and also slowly purchasing content as released and getting discounts. As a new customer, it's not that it is intimidating, its just that unless you have enough spare money and time to dedicate to that one thing (bare in mind if you think its even good enough), then sure, why not, else move along to the next etc.
Quote from Rappa Z :Like, I could live with the pay subscription if I didn't have to wait until a certain time to grab a race. I'm a (surprisingly) busy person, so it's hard to get some time to drive. Then, when I finally do, chances are I'm too tired to bother.

Yeah I see your point man.
Quote from Rappa Z :But I have almost no usable content.

There is an easy solution to this problem, me throwing $300 at the screen for some new stuff, but I'd really rather not.

How are your editorial skills?

Maybe you should send an email to david.phillips (at) iracing and see if he can let you cover for something for inRacingNews. They help all their writers out.
doesn't look half bad, but maybe simply turning off the objects would be better for driving on a test track so you don't see random polygons
Quote from Tony Gardner :Lotus 49 will be in build next week. Dave Kaemmer putting up a blog about it today.

Nice .
#18 - DeKo
I have some hope, it's nowhere near the first time that they've said "L49 will be out in a week", but it would be suicide if they delayed it again. Hopefully the FW31 gets NTM5 too.
Quote from Rappa Z :I subbed about two weeks ago. Every time I tried to race, the servers needed maintenance. Now I can't run at my license level because they moved to tracks I don't own.

thats not exactly iracings fault tho.
I'm more interested to try the Skippy with the NTM than the Lotus 49.

Dave said this:
Quote :
Dave Kaemmer:
The Lotus 49 has been just about as hard to develop and release as it is to drive. Just as it is a great tool (albeit a sharp one) for teaching good smooth driving habits, it has been a good tool for teaching us about flaws in our simulation. Because it is lightweight, with no downforce, and lots of power, it has tested the tires more than almost any car we’ve developed. Its development has led to a lot of improvements over the past eight months in the tire model, some of which you have already experienced. There are more improvements on the way. For now, even though the newer tire code isn’t quite finished yet, we have decided it’s far enough along to let you try couple of cars with it: the Lotus 49, and the Skip Barber Formula Car. These will both be available in the new build which should be out next week.

There are some known issues—the tires don’t get warm enough, and the skidding and smoke are unfinished, among other things—but we have been enjoying driving these tires, and we hope you will too. They are a work in progress, though, and should improve even more as we finish them up.

One last note: the Lotus 49 is a beast. You will have to relearn the meaning of smooth control inputs, but if you take the time to do that, it is also a blast.

Check out the following article for more Lotus 49 info:

http://www.iracing.com/1967-the-summer-of-lo-tus-49/

BPTM

Bias-Ply Tire Model.
If only Scawen would release half baked tyre models, at least it is something different
#24 - DeKo
Quote from boothy :they mad

Doesn't sound like you to not leave a gap Boothy, even though leaving a gap to C6 in the GTC is pointless.
Lol sounds like you

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG