The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
That's not true. I'm not sure about the R35, but Attesa is very well documented throughout R32-R34 Skylines, and the basic principle is still the same even with R35. Service manuals are full of details:

^ that's quite neat. I suppose that could yield reasonable approximation if that's all there is to it.
It's possible to reverse engineer it even without documentation. All you need is the control chip set up for a hardware in the loop test, and some knowledge about common eLSD/coupler behavior.

I'm pretty sure the GT people don't actually do it though.

Just like T3 on blackwood

I wonder, who named it blackwood, was it Eric?
I guess this is what GT6 really looks like, vs the glitchy/flickering GT Academy demo we have
Or PS4 version....

The interior was also lot darker in the GT Academy demo in street 370z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQFUXGpZpeU
Goodwood hillclimb in gt6. Honestly my only reaction to that is

As a track it is a gimmick at the most. Completely useless for anything and after you have drive it few times you probably never care about it anymore. I just wish that effort was put into bringing back some old gt tracks instead of putting that thing into the game.
I like it, its embracing the automobile culture outside of Japan. And it being the first comfirmed point-to-point track, I now have hope for Pikes Peak
Quote from CoolColJ :I guess this is what GT6 really looks like, vs the glitchy/flickering GT Academy demo we have
Or PS4 version....

The interior was also lot darker in the GT Academy demo in street 370z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQFUXGpZpeU

the engine sound is so ugly, that still is the mayor flaw on GT5/6 engine sound...
Quote from Inouva :the engine sound is so ugly, that still is the mayor flaw on GT5/6 engine sound...

Almost as ugly as how this game looks.
Quote from ACCAkut :I like it, its embracing the automobile culture outside of Japan. And it being the first comfirmed point-to-point track, I now have hope for Pikes Peak

I agree with all your points but in the end the track is practically useless for anything other than driving through it few times just to see what it looks like and then forget it. It's a gimmick.

Pikes peak is something totally different and at least when that track is used they drive through it in anger unlike in goodwood where it seems to be all about showruns, burnouts and parading. Simply from gaming, motorsports or automotive culture standpoint it would make more sense to lazorscan the bonneville salt flats than the goodwood hillclimb for example imho.
I think that we can always say, "but instead of x you could have had y".
I don't think it's a great track either, but at least it's narrow, which is different.
Gameplay vid of the Goodwood hill climb - it does have 3D people at least
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trKlVlcyPvw

In any case there is still going to be a lot of new tracks. I have it on good word that Ascari is in GT6....
Quote from ACCAkut :I like it, its embracing the automobile culture outside of Japan. And it being the first comfirmed point-to-point track, I now have hope for Pikes Peak

GT2 had pikes peak
but DIRT had not what one would call realistic physics, nor was it play able with a wheel.
Has anyone pass the first round of the GT Academy 2013?

I passed due to low quality of drivers from Czech republic.
I'm not fast too
Quote from Klouczech :Has anyone pass the first round of the GT Academy 2013?

I passed due to low quality of drivers from Czech republic.
I'm not fast too

I think IMOL did, not sure though.
I would of passed if Australia was included.

Last I checked I was 4th Australian(but if i bothered to practise it, I reckon 2nd would of been easily possible).
I stopped trying when I realised that in order to improve my time I had to drive in a very weird and unrealistic way.... Finished 133rd (was 86th when I did my PB a week ago). So many Italian players!!
Quote from NitroNitrous :I stopped trying when I realised that in order to improve my time I had to drive in a very weird and unrealistic way.... Finished 133rd (was 86th when I did my PB a week ago). So many Italian players!!

Which is said, because it basically renders GT obsolete, the reason people enter is to have a shot at the seat, not because the game is a fundamentally decent driving tool.
I tried to qualify, but i've hit my limit on second day with 19,4. Couldn't get any better after that, but 19th in national standings doesn't sound too bad.
Quote from Kid222 :I tried to qualify, but i've hit my limit on second day with 19,4. Couldn't get any better after that, but 19th in national standings doesn't sound too bad.

they added a feature that allowed you to save the ghost of anyone on the leader board, thats the best way to best your time.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG