The online racing simulator
British GP [F1]
(136 posts, started )
Go on Rosberg - win number 2.
crazy day
Oh god, not a race I had hoped for. Both Hamilton and Vettel instead of dicing it for the lead for ONCE, big problems...
lol.
#56 - CSF
wtf rosberg puncture.....
Rosberg on that cutting time too then.
#58 - CSF
Hopefully it's the blister as they said.
Oh yay... again

Edit - Alonso and Hamilton. Epic.
Quote from PhilS13 :Some delusional fanatism going on here? It's gonna be rough when the Mercs end up 5-6th as usual.

Anyway, the day when Vettel will give a race long chase to Hamilton and perhaps trow a dice will come.
Good job by Rosberg and an impressive drive from Webber... Driver of the race, imo.
Lotus are cluseless about race strategies sometimes, its just horrible.
I agree Benni, I fully believe that Kimi could have challenged for the win had he had newer tyres. Lewis in post race slamming the Pirelli tyres and the FIA, looks pretty fun!

Pirelli today robbed fans of a fight between Vettel and Hamilton, which really sucks.
Quote from vipex123 :Pirelli today robbed fans of a fight between Vettel and Hamilton, which really sucks.

If Pirelli's tyres cost Vettel the race (and gave him 0 points) then they're perfectly OK in my book!
Quote from dekojester :If Pirelli's tyres cost Vettel the race (and gave him 0 points) then they're perfectly OK in my book!

It was the gearbox that cost Seb the race
It's clearly the construction that is an issue. The kerbs are no different from last year and they've not had this problem before and there were no related issues in GP2 or other support series.

It might be the kerb that is causing the tyre to die, but ultimately it's the weakness of the tyre that is the issue, not the kerbs.

BTW. I said Vettel would retire, really should have put money on that
Quote from CSF :Why should a driver be punished for using the kerbs in a way that cuts their tyre? Is that really an argument against Pirelli? Seriously?

Never seen a race at Silverstone with the current layout where this has been a problem.

Its 100% a Pirelli problem.

For the record Pirelli did want to make a more durable construction for Silverstone but certain teams complained, so this is what we got.
Doesn't GP2 use the same tyres as F1.
Source.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Source.

Well if they did they would have had the same problems as F1.

If there is any series that will use the extreme edges of a track, and parts of a circuit that never were supposed to see a race car. It's GP2

You could just believe me because it makes sense but maybe that's too difficult.
You said you know, so link it please.
Quote from vipex123 :Pirelli today robbed fans of a fight between Vettel and Hamilton, which really sucks.

I don't bloody mind 5 stop race, but the punctures, it's a no, no!
Quote from NotAnIllusion :You said you know, so link it please.

Can't find one actually but I didn't say I knew, I just said "they don't" as a remark relating to the lolfest that was todays F1 race as if to say "they can't possibly be the same because it doesn't make sense given what has been seen today."

Maybe they could be the same tyre but due to F1's higher stress into the carcass of the tyre it was causing the failures because like I said, GP2 didn't have an issue.
"They don't" is a statement that expresses no doubt.

The compounds are the same, but whether the internal construction is as well, I don't know. It would make sense from a manufacturing perspective.

British GP [F1]
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG