The online racing simulator
2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
Quote from DieKolkrabe :If you were putting together a team and had to pick either Hinch or Sato for your sole driver spot....

Who and why?

Hinch, because he wouldn't randomly forget how to drive.
Quote from Mustafur :Hinch, because he wouldn't randomly forget how to drive.

So that explains why he has GO written on his right you and STOP on the left
I must say that this was a pretty good race

I watched the race replay and enjoyed it
So Kurt hit 218 during his rookie orientation at Indy. Not bad!
Qualifying for the 2013 Indy 500 begins today in about 33 min
Quote from Cornys :Qualifying for the 2013 Indy 500 begins today in about 33 min

Delayed by rain. Drying starting at 11.30 EST apparently (37 mins)
Track looks pretty wet, I doubt we're going to get a start at 11:30 considering it looks like they aren't using jet dryers.

edit: How can Indianapolis, almost without a doubt the most famous oval in the world, not have even ONE jet dryer?
Yeah.. they have 8 trucks running over the track.. no jet dryers. No air titans (wouldn't expect that, but still). Like this it would take around 3 hours or more to dry the track since it has standing water in places it appears

Edit: Holy cow, those trucks are moving They are probably going around 90mph
Quote from Rappa Z :it looks like they aren't using jet dryers.

Probably some prank caller called and said that Montoya is in town...
If Montoya popped around all we would hear about is how he might secretly be planning to run the double. Just like when Stewart popped around the pits unannounced a few years ago.

One dryer spotted!
Quote from Rappa Z :If Montoya popped around all we would hear about is how he might secretly be planning to run the double. Just like when Stewart popped around the pits unannounced a few years ago.

One dryer spotted!

Yeah

Talladega (2.66 miles) went from hail storm to race track in 100 min (1:40) a few weeks ago. The banking there helps a little, but with the same systems Indy (2.5 miles) could be ready to go in a little under 2 hours. Like I said, the way it looks right now, it'll probably be more than 3 hours. . The rain stopped just around 10:45 EST and it is now 12:05 and it's still really wet..

Edit: I guess I'm just really disappointed that qualifying isn't able to go off as scheduled
Indy Lights finish

As Jack has shown, watch the entire last lap to Indy Lights. Well worth it.
I am on my way home now from Carb Day. Great weather, great crowd.

I spent most of the day with Steven Martin, one of our LFS comrades. Indy Lights, I was sure of a wreck in turn 4 on the final lap....they made it and I witnessed the single best finish to a race I have ever seen.

I took a few hundred pics with my DSLR, will sort the good ones and post over the weekend.
This is a series that keeps getting thrown into the mud because of its poor car counts(and the occasional high speed oval shunt aswell). Glad to see IndyLights making the headlines for the right reasons for once.

Also, Peter Dempsey and Belardi, what a story. The guy got screwed out of a ride twice in the last two years. Fortunately he managed to bounce back on the shoestring Belardi operation this year - his girlfriend's grandparents had to pay a tireset for the day. A mega giant slaying act really, victory lane is usually locked down by Sam Schmidt and Andretti in Lights, and they break that domination on the biggest race of the year.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :His girlfriend's grandparents had to pay a tireset for the day.

When he said this it made me so happy. Talk about a shoestring budget.
Good ol' slowmotion from the TV feed.
Not 4 wide though.
Quote from JackDaMaster :I think he's talking about the 1992 Indy 500 finish

During Pitstop competition coverage Bob Jenkins said something in the lines of "If I was commentating this race I would have said "perhaps the closest 1-2-3-4 finish in Indy history".

Quote from JackDaMaster :Close one, Scott Goodyear really was unlucky at Indy

Oh yes he was.

2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG