The online racing simulator
That chart conveniently avoids CBS, ABC and regular NBC.
Well, it is Fox boasting about how good they are..........
The American version of that would be trucks doing 10mph over the speed limit, passing a bunch of minivans and pickup trucks.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :It's no joke, I always rage when that happens.

And you seem to think the Truck driver overtaking is different to you? If you're quicker you overtake. 1mph more could mean getting home quicker depending on distance. You don't like being stuck behind them? Well tough shit, welcome to the real world, they don't like being stuck behind other trucks!

Chances are he's lighter or doesn't have a load, so he's on his way home and when you're close to the end of the day you'll do almost anything to get home asap and relax. I mean when we end our work days people are jumping over hoods of cars, running out of the door rushing around to get home asap.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The American version of that would be trucks doing 10mph over the speed limit, passing a bunch of minivans and pickup trucks.

True, but I'm do 20 mph over and they're still in the way.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Its not the speed differential that's the issue here. Often I see a truck try to make a pass on another truck and drive at the same speed for about 20 minutes or so, then bail out and slow down, causing a massive jam behind him. I know I'm probably being irrational but you can't deny that it is ****ing annoying to the people behind.

It's actually the guy who's BEING overtaken thats the ass. He's slower so he should give up road position because he won't gain anything from holding his speed, all he will do is impede the progress of the other truck - the guy overtaking just wants to go home.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's actually the guy who's BEING overtaken thats the ass. He's slower so he should give up road position because he won't gain anything from holding his speed, all he will do is impede the progress of the other truck - the guy overtaking just wants to go home.

lol have you ever been on a motorway before? the other truck never gives his position, both stay on the pedal like they don't care (and well they don't). Only place those overtakings take little time is on steeper climbs (where power matters) and on restricted sections when only one of the two knows where the speed cameras are.
Most truck are restricted to that (i say MOST m'kay?)

But I was in the UK last month going to a private driftevent with a friend of mine. We had a landrover defender (newer model) and trailer + car. We were doing 120km/h (over speedlimit for that i think) and a truck passed us! We were like "WTF". Never seen a normal truck + trailer going over 90km/h in my life and it just kept going like that in turns... We never saw him again, what a boss
trucks on highways are limited to 90,and with trailer ur speed should be 70. Anyway a truck passing 1 mph faster than the other takes maybe 1 hour and u cant do your 130 in car how awesome is that? So this is why they banned passing other truck with truck in hungary and on weekends theyr not allowed at all on highways !
I agree with Impreza09 here, it's one of the most annoying things, especially on a dual carriageway, not so much of a pain on a 3 or 4 lane stretch as cars still have a lane or 2 to drive on, but on a 2 laner it's particularly frustrating.

I know that there are quite a few parts of certian british roads where this practice is banned, and there were rumours of a possible nationwide ban on this in the UK, but wheather that ever came to anything i dont know.

Quote from ACCAkut : the other truck never gives his position,

No they don't but that's whats wrong, not the overtaking manoeuvre itself.

Truck driving is a job just like anything else, they don't do it for fun lol
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Most big rigs in NZ are restricted to 90kph anyway, so when they try to pass each other shit really hits the fan.

This is what causes it. When one truck's limiter has 70mph (or whatever) calibrated to 0.1mph faster than the other. So they're both right on the limiter, but with one edging ahead slowly for the next 10 miles of road.
Re-post from the old thread, but evenso, i like it...

Quote from Crashgate3 :This is what causes it. When one truck's limiter has 70mph (or whatever) calibrated to 0.1mph faster than the other.

It's caused by one truck being lighter and the other fully laden and also being in the draft of another truck, gains a speed advantage and then loses it when he gets slightly beside him.
Quote from BlueFlame :And you seem to think the Truck driver overtaking is different to you? If you're quicker you overtake. 1mph more could mean getting home quicker depending on distance. You don't like being stuck behind them? Well tough shit, welcome to the real world, they don't like being stuck behind other trucks!

Chances are he's lighter or doesn't have a load, so he's on his way home and when you're close to the end of the day you'll do almost anything to get home asap and relax. I mean when we end our work days people are jumping over hoods of cars, running out of the door rushing around to get home asap.

well in germany truck "races" are not allowed.
overtaking by the law here goes like this: to overtake, u must be at least 20 kmh faster than the other vehicle, while staying within the speed limits.
in other words...at least every 2nd overtake would cost.
if the police would really go for it that is...
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well in germany truck "races" are not allowed.
overtaking by the law here goes like this: to overtake, u must be at least 20 kmh faster than the other vehicle, while staying within the speed limits.
in other words...at least every 2nd overtake would cost.
if the police would really go for it that is...

Sounds like a smart way to go about it.
You think quoting long images is somehow funny or good 'trolling'?
Attached images
BkmXahCyXqE.jpg
CNUBBjB6tY8.jpg
JM4v8BLnOKY.jpg
Quote from CheerioDM :Re-post from the new thread

Reposted from the new thread? This is the new thread lol

The Inevitable Picture Thread IV: A New Funny
(3741 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG