The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Quote from BigPeBe :Yet another car getting ruined (esthetically) by the ugly ass Monster paint theme.
Oh well I guess it's still worth it.

I wouldn't care tbh, even if there would be a massive gentleman's sausage on it. If it benefits for me, then it's good.
And the Monster livery's look pretty cool to me
@BMXTwins:
Jump it! Seems to be a trend these days
I dunno, but it's gonna really need em after the next engine swap it sounds like..
Quote from danthebangerboy : he gets a good 2.8 powerplant, i get a 323i back that has the correct engine in again so the paperwork is right, and a tested car that will be a lot easier to sell, everyones a winner

how would they know its a 2.8 instead of 2.3? its the same engineby looking at it. Do they go and check the engine number,which on e36 rust so bad u cant see anyway?
Quote from e2mustang :how would they know its a 2.8 instead of 2.3? its the same engineby looking at it. Do they go and check the engine number,which on e36 rust so bad u cant see anyway?

engine number, sound, emissions... either they catch when you test it or when you write it off
^^^ What he said.

Visually, the engine is the same, and with the larger exhaust system it probably wouldn't sound all that different, plus the engine was changed by BMW themselves due to some problems that some batches of the smaller engine had (something to do with nikasil or something?) and this was the reason for the swap, and BMW do have records of this, but that was a risk i was willing to take, and even if i told a new owner about the larger engine, which of course i would do, and anything happened then i wouldn't wish to saddle them with being in trouble over insurance fraud.
It's the material they used to build the engine blocks, 328's had this too.
Apparently mine is now an alusil engine, i have no idea what this means but thats what im informed by the guy who owned it when it had the swap done.
So what's the transportation plan after it's gone?
Same as it has been since november, walk, bicycle bus or train, im banned from driving until march 2014.
Oh right, you were the one that got banned.. probably a good plan in that case. Any other & I'd say find a way to keep it if it meant anything to you. The original 2.5L I dropped into the MX-3 was trash & threw a rod almost right off the bat. Thanks to the now-ex, I couldn't afford to replace it for about 4 years. (much less do anything else fun, automotive or PC related) I think I'm better off now.
Yeah, leaving it standing will just ruin the car in the end, ill look for a cheapish 316 E36 coupe once i get nearer the time of regaining my license, then i can at least get the same sort of look to the car without the really dear insurance, i know it wont be cheap anyway on any car, but all id really need is the M3 front bumper, coilovers and a set of 17 inch rims to have something that looks pretty much the same anyway.
Well, I didn't mean I'd park it untouched for a year, but yea..
cars dont run on paper they run on gas !
Cars don't run at all. They drive.
I haven't seen a car yet that can drive a car.
Quote from flymike91 :I haven't seen a car yet that can drive a car.

Just found that my old 320d BMW was for sale on a forecourt all fixed up, and sold again today, it still looks lovely, wish id kept it.

I want a E46 diesel too.

If everything goes by plan, I'll be meeting the guys from Monster on saturday. Fingers crossed
changed a front lightbulb yesterday while parked at the sidewalk. Random normal guy (30+) walks up to me:
"What are you doing there?"
"Changing a lightbulb."
"You can do that?"
"Yeah?"
"...dont you lose insurance if you fix it yourself?"
"..."
" ... and guaranty?"
"The car is from '99."
"So?"

... some people
why would u lose insurance anyway on any car by changing a bulb?
Hahaha, wtf!
My new ride; Unfortunately still on winter tyres...

Hot hot hot!

Keep it clean!
anatha beema ! we keep growin in here

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG