The online racing simulator
Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
Quote from Sueycide_FD :They've become almost as abundant as 05 mustangs now. I give it 5 years until they turn into the next 240 over here. There's already some guy who apparently uses it as a missile somewhere in Canada.

lol what?

Dealers can hardly get any in stock.
Is there any difference to the Subaru BRZ in weight or handling?
Only difference is a few minor internal and exterior options (spoiler, trim, stereo) and warranty, at least in the US.
Quote from atledreier :Fredrik Aasbø also did some tinkering with a GT86...
http://awesomobile.com/fredic- ... ota-gt86-drift-car-build/

:scared:Why does my car not sound litke that:scared::scared::scared: I seriously need a new exhaust for the sti.

I have only seen the Subaru variant in RL and it is a sweet looking car, from photos I think the Toyote has slightly better looking interior. I am not worried about the horsepower, it is more than enough for any legal street application, and for track and illegal street there is never any limit on the hp you like to have (so any hp will be arbitrary). For countries where roof is a must for 9 months a year this is the Miata killer.
so theyre selling well then? could make a good used buy down the line if they become cheap... and if they make a turbo version
Quote from Timo1992 :Is there any difference to the Subaru BRZ in weight or handling?

I read in a magazine that the suspension setup is slightly different, the GT86 being more tail happy and drift friendly while the BRZ seems to be more serious and track focused
Quote from DeadWolfBones :lol what?

Dealers can hardly get any in stock.

Already, 4 people from the local drift forum have one. Well one is a brz lol. Haven't seen a brz though.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Already, 4 people from the local drift forum have one. Well one is a brz lol. Haven't seen a brz though.

Yeah, you're right. 4 is a ton, particularly in a small subset of drivers guaranteed to be particularly interested in this kind of car.
I've seen quite a few down here, all BRZ. I went to Subaru recently to see how much they would give for my 09 Impreza hatch and to see how much I could lower their price of a BRZ.

They only had one in stock (fully loaded) and it was up on some rack so couldn't test drive. They were pretty much sold out of them waiting for more to ship in. So I think they are pretty popular.
Being Scion owner ( '05 xB RS2.0) at the big Scion event in June or July we got to test drive the FR-S in both Manual an Automatic. The automatic was lame as expected, but te paddle shifters actually had auto rev matching which was the coolest feature I'd ever seen. We got to drive and drift the manual and I was so dissapointed, all this hype and it was no fun. Very close gearbox led to smooth shifting. But man was it a dog, for $25,000USD I see so many other nice choices! Plus the car was falling apart after one day of test drives at only 5,000 miles! A stock 2011 Honda Civic SI was faster on the straightaway!

Somehow it hit the market and many of you guys liked it! I'd recommend a used John Cooper Works MINI (R53, the R56 are too heavy) for almos half the cost and 4x the fun.
Did you try it on a proper track and/or a nice road? This car just isn't about the straights....
Do this car have a pussy magnet ?
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Do this car have a pussy magnet ?

Yes, extremely yes, but only with right conditions.
It breaks a necks here. I've even heard it being mistaken as a ferrari once.
I've put 14.000km on the car in less than 14 months.

It's my daily driver, my track car and my roadtrip cruiser, and I love it equally for all it's roles! When the roads get twisty the stupid grin just get that much wider.
No faults yet, just a brake squeal that was fixed under warranty.
Upcoming sunday will be my first trackday with track-worthy rubber (Toyo R888), so that'll be a cool experience.
I've only got one speeding ticket, and haven't crashed it yet. The car is so much fun to toss around, I'm surprised I haven't been arrested or worse.... :-p

Some pics:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pk3hrqw54tleg5y/QB1yEjb5vT
The toyos will be another world, prepare yourself!

I've got my new car (speedster turbo) since the 6th of april this year and put 6'000km on it already (and it's not my daily driver), finished the rear tyres (r888) and had about three speeding tickets (nothing bad, 56 instead of 50, etc.)... you're doing it wrong...
If I could I'd be driving it much more. Family and work is taking too much time. But in a few weeks there's a two week roadtrip to the alps with some mates. Planning around 7000km and a day at the Ring. :-)
is it actually legal in norway to have the numberplate mounted like it is on that nsx?
Really looking for any excuse to buy one at this point, but my damn Celica just won't die.
Quote from Shotglass :is it actually legal in norway to have the numberplate mounted like it is on that nsx?

No. But shhhhhh

Quote :Really looking for any excuse to buy one at this point, but my damn Celica just won't die.

Send it over, I'll make it die for ya! :-)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Really looking for any excuse to buy one at this point, but my damn Celica just won't die.

The name is ultimately derived from the Latin word coelica meaning "heavenly" or "celestial".
So, send that thing back to space and get an '86 already! :-D
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Really looking for any excuse to buy one at this point, but my damn Celica just won't die.

That Celica is no car for an adult, sell it so that some kid can enjoy it.

Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG