The online racing simulator
Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
Toyota GT86
Just ordered mine! Sooo excited!
Expected delivery Q1 2013, so this is gonna be a LONG summer, fall and winter....

Still, gonna be sweet in the end!

Fusion Orange, black interior and of course manual gearbox.

It's a scion FR-s in the states
... and a Subaru here. Q1 2013, thats quite a long time. Do they have that many orders? The GT86 is atm the only realistic car I could imagine buying new (if I had the money)
I want to have sex with that car. While drifting.
Well, it's the same as the Subaru and Scion, it's a collaboration. Slightly different styling is pretty much the only difference.

Still, it's getting rave reviews across the board, should be a little cracker.

It's fully specced apart from the JBL stereo. A/C, satnav and leather/alcantara, all black interior. The red interior didn't fo well with the orange exterior.

The first cars should get to dealers in august, but they are reserved for representation and demo cars, so first customer deliveries are early next year. I've heard customers in the UK getting theirs this summer, and mine is the most common order so far, so fingers crossed it's gonne be here early. With my luck it'll be her around first snow, so it has to sit in my garage for a few months....
Very.. VERY pretty car. I heard only positive reviews on it and i like to drive it in GT5, so i am very envious. Enjoy your ride (when the time comes).
Are we there yet?

The wait will be murder....

1st world problems, but it still sucks!
GT86
FR-s
BRZ

Pretty much the same.
It's not even pretty much the same, it IS the same. Even the manufacturers will tell you this.
From the vids I've seen the ass hangs out pretty much at will, so it looks fun as hell!

The wait is already killing me!
Totally buying a BRZ if I get a new job in the near term.
how much is it btw?
With norway's ridiculous taxes on cars it's NOK450', approximately €60' or $75'.

Yes, I know I could get a much better car for that kind of money in a different country....
That is stupidly expensive!
I don't know. I feel like for that money, it needs to have a bit more power. at least 50hp more.
you should buy a used Lamborghini in the US and have it shipped over.
I only have problems with its name. It's nowhere near as cool as the AE86... Also rear end looks horrible IMO.

But hey, I'm sure it's fun to drive, have fun with it.
yeah for that kinda money it should be a lot better looking and have more poer imho

might be a great car to buy used in a couple of years though
Well, over here it's actually pretty cheap for a car in this class. The Golf GTi is significantly more expensive.

About 55% of the asking price is taxes. Taxes are based on engine power, engine size, total weight and CO2 emissions, so a used Lambo would cost stupid amounts of money, most of it being taxes.
Well someone ho pays 60k for a car is definitely not interested in getting the best car for the buck, he just likes the car, can afford it and buys it
You did well man, it's a great machine
I'd pesonally go for the S2000 since I am a Vtec fanboy though
Never been a Hondaman myself, but have owned several Toyotas, including a MR2 mkII which I loved.
Quote from atledreier :With norway's ridiculous taxes on cars it's NOK450', approximately €60' or $75'.

Yes, I know I could get a much better car for that kind of money in a different country....

Same here, us Scandinavians aren't having it easy.
The base model starts from €46k or $57k. There goes reasonably priced sport car out of the window.
Still seems to be a good car and would love to go on a test drive if Toyota would ever do a testday over here.

Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG