The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Yep, same here haha...
Scrabby made it to the Driftworks newsletter!

All my efforts are finally paying off!

Tomba banned? Why?

Ha, cool stuff, Scrabby!
reverse rake it is
Reverse rake? You mean corpse theory?
My ride...Corsa D

shitty FWD
Attached images
fwd shit.JPG

My ride Felicia 1.9 Diesel
Quote from Timo1992 :My ride...Corsa D

shitty FWD

There's nothing wrong with that...
perfect mom's car
Quote from Timo1992 :My ride...Corsa D

shitty FWD

Hope you didn't get the 1.2, I rented one last year and while the car was nice the engine was terrible.
Quote from HighRoad :My ride Felicia 1.9 Diesel

some say that you can never make Skodas look nice

I say lower it, like my friend did:
When cash comes my way i will
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hope you didn't get the 1.2, I rented one last year and while the car was nice the engine was terrible.

I have the 1.2 Ecotec 80 HP

Well you're right, actually you need to drive about 4000-5000 rpm to get away because the car has a weight of 1200 kg

And that means you're burning more fuel, I need to refill after 3 weeks ~ 500 km

@ Töki (HUN)
Well all in all it's a very reliable car. I'm quite happy with it although I'd prefer a RWD car like old BMW 1 Series
Quote from HighRoad :When cash comes my way i will

Just don't try driving it in the snow like that.. (or over the smallest bump) Nice color & rims though.
looks freakin' sexy, doesn't mind it's Skoda
Quote from Tinytacohead :Just don't try driving it in the snow like that.. (or over the smallest bump) Nice color & rims though.

on a more serious note, driving a lowered car isn't as bad as you think, that Skoda gets over speedbumps & humps quite neatly without scraping.

Only concern are the icy crap that might be on the road... even cars having normal height suffer from it.
After fitting coilies and giving it a winter wax a few weeks ago.. it's out with the old...

...and in with the new (excuse low quality dealer pics)...

With our little'n being 1 on 20th of this month.. was time I get something more family orientated, at least, something I could put a child seat in the back of to save having to use Clare's VW Touran all the time.. after tossing up between a 3.6l turbo diesel 2008 Range Rover Sport and something "fun".. fun overruled. Both lux packs, includes key-less entry, button start / stop, bluetooth, climate control, etc and 7" touch screen DVD with reversing camera amongst other stuff. Will take some getting used to FWD again as I've not had one in about 10 years as the last 4 cars have either been Mercs or BMWs.. but performance makes the 330ci seem like a 1.6!

2 years old, £24,000, with 3,400 miles.. pick up Tuesday or Wednesday after the dealer services it

Cheers..

Ian
yes its quite a hp difference,tho when i drove a powerful fwd(nissan maxima 3.5) i was so pissed i almosed crashed it on porpuse. its so ridicoulus. but that rs might be slightly better i assume
Nice one Is it the 2.5 litre R5 turbo charged engine in the Focus?
You passed up a Range Rover Sport for that?
Quote from nikopdr :on a more serious note, driving a lowered car isn't as bad as you think..

Finland must be pretty flat! Also, reference towards snow, (since it's obvious by HighRoad's pic that he deals with it), was due to the small amount it takes to negatively affect something as low as what you posted. Regardless of what the kiddies want to believe, slammed suspensions do tend to react more poorly to adverse road conditions as well.

Quote from doyal :You passed up a Range Rover Sport for that?

Personally I'd take a hot-hatch any day over a Range Rover. I mean, they've already got the larger transport category covered by way of his wife's VW. Losing RWD stinks but I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with the replacement Ian.H! ..and e2mustang, who wouldn't want to crash a Maxima. (well, other than that guy who posted somebody else's goofy looking GLE a few pages back, lol)
Quote from e2mustang :yes its quite a hp difference,tho when i drove a powerful fwd(nissan maxima 3.5) i was so pissed i almosed crashed it on porpuse. its so ridicoulus. but that rs might be slightly better i assume

The RS apparently has some "trick" modified macpherson suspension and some funky diff that's apparently meant to help a great deal with torque steer (and tbh, after giving it some beans on the test drive, it seemed pretty impressive compared to some of the less powered FWD cars I've driven over the years and had to fight the wheel whilst pulling away from a set of lights). An LSD will also help putting the power down and some traction control to help further.. I did manage to spin the wheels in 3rd gear joining the motorway on the test drive.. so we'll see..

Quote from Timo1992 :Nice one Is it the 2.5 litre R5 turbo charged engine in the Focus?

Indeed it is.. should be fun!

Quote from doyal :You passed up a Range Rover Sport for that?

Yup. I've taken a few out of the past year for test drives as they're lovely looking (IMO at least) and _very_ nice to drive... but they're not what I'd class as "fun". Don't get me wrong.. it wasn't an easy choice as I always thought I'd be going "bigger and better" with every car change.. but even with the 330ci.. it was a great car to drive and I loved every minute of it, but it wasn't "fun". I think there's a fair difference between 'fun' and 'enjoyable'.

Quote from Tinytacohead :Personally I'd take a hot-hatch any day over a Range Rover. I mean, they've already got the larger transport category covered by way of his wife's VW. Losing RWD stinks but I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with the replacement Ian.H! ..and e2mustang, who wouldn't want to crash a Maxima. (well, other than that guy who posted somebody else's goofy looking GLE a few pages back, lol)

This was Clare's argument too.. "why do we need a second big car?, let's have something fun!". I'll be 37 in a week's time.. Clare'll be 30 in March.. in 10 years time, I can still feel comfortable in something like a Range Rover.. but in something like the RS.. I'm gonna look like I have the anatomy of a hamster. The fact it was a damn sight cheaper than I would have got a Range Rover for too (hunting for something with really quite low mileage) also means we can sort out getting an extension built. The Touran's no Range Rover, but had 2 delivery miles on the clock when we bought it, has 7 seats, is a 1.6 turbo diesel so nice and economical and does a great job of handling the school run.. for what it is, it's a great motor in its class

Cheers..

Ian
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG