The online racing simulator
How did you start playing LFS
(92 posts, started )
Quote from rockclan :I invited friends over from F1 Challenge and the team was fun on public demo racing.

F1 Challenge was so much fun back in the days with my nice...mods...
Quote from xtraction :no idea why i just sat there and watched the whole thing with that stupid Finnish language.

Can't be as bad as Karakalpak.
Quote from RevengeR :I used to browse bhmotorsports.com a lot, and they had this section where almost every notable racing game was listed.

I originally seen LFS on BHM aswell. Played sims since IndyCar 1/2, SCGT, TOCA and also the NASCAR series (NR1, 2, 3, 1999, 4, 2002, 2003) etc. Decided to try LFS out around 2004 and 2005. Saw that S2 was soon to be released so I waited. I noticed rFactor came out in a similar time frame but I didn't like the feel of it as much, plus my FPS sucked in comparison.

Ended up buying S2 around when it came out, and noticed the forum a few months after. It was originally supposed to just fix my craving for road course racing (SCGT did that before), but it ended up taking over it all.
Quote from Bose321 :F1 Challenge was so much fun back in the days with my nice...mods...

Me hosting the server, we both with the uhm, engine mod.

Everyone joining and we beating the crap out of them at Hockenheim 2000

I remember some guys actually got very pissed and tried to ram us off.

Good old times.
Quote from xtraction :no idea why i just sat there and watched the whole thing with that stupid Finnish language.

No english language version for this anywhere. But MNK has updated to (epic fail) http://en.5laps.com/. And that will be down after last day of this year. Get ready a HUGE invasion of retards
2009, was never quite into racing, until i saw this Maailmannopeikansa commercial on tv, and started playing it with a mouse, and the rest is history.
Lol blackholemotorsports was awesome! Tried lfs off there probably 2004ish and it lagged to hell. I had a 1.7ghz celeron, 256mb, and onboard. I didn't know about fps then and it was at standstill. Tried again couple years later remembering my first time and now knowing what was going on and bang. Here i am.
Actually I am new, but old at LFS.
I remember that in 2008-2009 I was watching YouTube videos about the wheel: Logitech G25.
Then I saw a video which included the LFS game.
I said to myself: "I am searching for a cars game, I better download and try it".
I was surprised that the game weighed only 150 MB...
I started playing the game and it was a bit difficult at first, but then it gets easier and easier, and I realized it was a realistic game...
I was playing it until my cousin showed me how to play the S2 freely (Cracked version).
A few month ago a friend of mine told me that we can play together at the demo.
It was a lot of fun, and I played and improved myself all the time.
Today I bought the S2 and started play the multiplayer.
Well, I still have a long way to go.
I still can't understand how to drive 1:32 at the BL1 map... My best is 1:34:40...
I started playing LFS back in 2006 when after an online search for Racing Simulator brought me to a download link for LFS. I downloaded LFS and went to the website to register my demo account so I could race. Ever since then I have been hooked. Granted my attitude towards it isn't always positive on here, that is just because I get disappointed at how long S3 is taking to be developed. Doesn't change my mind about how awesome LFS is, just frustrates me having to wait for updates.
č
I've downloaded the game and did č
I did ň
Quote from Huru-aito :I've started with OutRun, Grand Prix Circuit & Test Drive on C64. Back in the day I was spending my evenings racing Viper Racing (with and without VRGT mods :revs online with some guys from Muropaketti (MuroViper). IIRC someone posted the link to LFS on our IRC channel and I downloaded 0.04k I believe it was and enjoyed it. It's all been downhill since.

Piirakka, ZT & co, I hope you're still alive and kicking

I still have Viper racing, played it just the other day......but, its not same as I remember from back then
äöüßµ?
Saw the demo back in 2002/2003 in PCGamer (one of the old PC gaming magazines anyway)
I think it was like 2006 or something when I lended one CD/DVD from my classmate. I wanted Ford Racing 3, but he had 3 other racing games on that disc. I had seen LFS section at BH Motorsports when I downloaded RBR stuff from there, but dunno, I didn't knew much about that. But since it was on that disc, I decided to try it. It was LFS S1, so pretty outdated. But still it was cool as hell. After some days in singleplayer S1, I went to the lfs.net for some additional info and I noticed that LFS has been updated alot. Since that I was demo racer for some time. Even joined one demo team. In summer of 2008 I finally got fed up on demo and bought S2 at last. That's my story.
I was asking myselft about online-racing for a long time, since i liked playing online strategy such as Command&conquer... but everybody i asked said that such a thing would not work properly yet.

THEN, in about march 2005 a saw a demo with the XRT on Blackwood S1 DEMO and PINGO.

I joinend, got me a wheel soon, joined a team (Crash Daddys) that became Zone 30 soon and drove some 300000km+ online.

I still like this game, and I used to love it, but after all these years I feel like I am ready to BUY me some extra content. Cars & Tracks.

Nowadays I like to jump into one of these great ProjectC.A.R.S online races, it is still beta, but there are several updates every week!

Work in Progess, a growing community and much more. Besides this I like driving F1 2012 as well, I know it´s more arcarde, but after all it works online and nothing dirves on it´s own there as well.

If some LFS - development will be showing up - I will be showing up again as well! promise

I have been naging a lot on this forum about progress, but now I am buisy with the alternatives...

How did you start playing LFS
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG