The online racing simulator
Hurricane Sandy
(117 posts, started )
Power has been out since 12:00 noon, generator keeping the lights on. The water (at 1:00PM) has risen over the sand barriers, about two feet deep in some low lying areas. There's currently a travel ban (no cars on the road, only emergency vehicles), yet people still ignore it. They said around 8:00 PM it's suppost to peak at it's worst (high tide, full moon), and I bet it will. Several trees have fallen in my backyard, luckily none on any sheds or cabin. Still no Internet since noon, have been tethering through phone with 1 bar (FU SPRINT!). Pages take forever to load, so I haven't gotten a chance to upload any good pictures yet (see my previous post for link to pics/vids).
Remember that power may be out for quite a while, save power on devices, remember that it will be calm during the eye, don't get caught out as it will come back stronger.

Take care and be safe.

All the best guy's.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Please, do have some respect for the poor US, after all, in any disaster it's only US citizens who die, the rest are just collateral damage. This affects them so it's the most important thing ever !

Sit back and enjoy the webcams

I'm going to raise your another dose of cynicism and say that the death toll will be noted, but only for a few weeks. In the end, all anyone really remembers is money and how much this storm is going to cost them.

Honestly though, my town has completely shut down. No power and roads are blocked by fallen trees. Apparently a tree on our property missed my family's home by only a few feet and this storm is far from over.
Tree fell on a volunteer fire fighter while he was putting out a house fire. Power outtage shouldnt be long, supposivly they shut down the substation
Something (humorous?) from Twitter. There's sharks in the surge.
Attached images
A6Z_TBtCAAACFTs.jpg
stiiiillll have school tomorrow where EVERY SCHOOL IN THE AREA IS CANCELED!!!!

good. good.

EDIT: mfw
I thought this was all too hyped up but damn it's real, didn't expect it to be this heavy..
Are there any Nuclear plants nearby?
Come at me Sandy
Current webcam on Times square, dead bodies everywhere. LOL
http://aws1.earthcam.com/

The surges looks good though.

Hopefully the nuclear plant's are ok, I'm sure that planning for this type of weather event was done before they were built, you'd have to be a complete idiot not to have considered historical weather events before putting a nuclear plant close to the sea, on an earthquake fault, on a flood plain.

( Oh sorry, that last statement excludes Japan )

http://www.businessweek.com/ne ... -reactors-in-sandy-s-path
That cam shows no more then a typical rainy day..
Quote from Bose321 :Oh, another tornado in America. Interesting.

Only thing I care about is the episode of How I met your mother that's not launched today. Pussies.

Tornado != hurricane. :doh:
the tall ship Bounty (the one they made the famous movie on) sank in the storm after the crew went into the life boats

afaik one of NYs biggest hospitals is still being evacuated (200 people, including 20 babys). And radio told that some subway tunnels are flooded with salt water
The costs of this storm is going to be huge!
Well, consider where NY was built and look at historical weather events. Hog island anyone

And the death toll is still less than the last months US drone strikes that murdered civilians.
But as they weren't white Americans they don't count !

Nature is a bitch sometimes.
Quote from Yuusei :Come at me Sandy

YESS!! Party @ TS, Joe will be gone for a few days
still school...every single school around is closed...not ours...this is literally ridiculous.
Quote from logitekg25 :still school...every single school around is closed...not ours...this is literally ridiculous.

If your school is in the zone of the hurricane, or in some sort of danger (flooding etc.), don't go....
Quote from Dennis93 :

Ok now even though big shit going on over in the USA, I could not help but laughing at that.
that's why i didn't add any text.
Funny picture, serious topic. I'm sorry.
huehuehuehue funny, actually is

on a serious note, was watching several streams long into the night seeing how it goes, quite worried about my uncle and his family, they live in new hampshire and their daughter live in new york, contacted them yesterday but haven't been able to since..
Quote from Hahmo :huehuehuehue funny, actually is

on a serious note, was watching several streams long into the night seeing how it goes, quite worried about my uncle and his family, they live in new hampshire and their daughter live in new york, contacted them yesterday but haven't been able to since..

Power is down basically everywhere in those states afaik.

16 people dead according to danish sources.... but we're sadly still in the prelims of the disaster, I hope it's not too bad

Hurricane Sandy
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG