The online racing simulator
Hurricane Sandy
(117 posts, started )
Quote from TexasLTU :Will this affect Florida (its still an east-coast?)

Some of my family friends are there for vacation, I hope they will be able to come back will all the legs and arms in place.

Nope. It's miles north of Florida
Some of Miami flooded a little bit, but it's nothing serious.
And that is even before the main storm hits... damn this is going to be a wild ride!
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118 : storm finished
Oh my word!

I wish all the best to the Americans over there, seek high grounds!

And to the American LFS'ers over there, GRAB YOUR PC, WHEEL, PEDALS, AND RUUUUUUN!
Rockclan, there is so much truth in that last statement. I'm essentially just hunkering down and playing ETS2 until the power goes out.
The Statue of Liberty cam is down now, must be getting pretty bad.
Beach Haven, New Jersey. Not near where I live, but an idea of what happens to coastal NJ in a hurricane.
Attached images
223771_10151091189947927_889058125_n.jpg
As I am living in Aruba currently I do apologise. This started just west of here. Good luck people!
That's the way to do it!
No powa surged and i ripped the cords out of the wall, luckily i have a surge protector
Quote from Mustangman759 :No powa surged and i ripped the cords out of the wall, luckily i have a surge protector

So your part is already without power Matt?

Jebus!
No need to worry about the lack of power, your TV is being rescheduled

"Some network schedules were shaken up by the widespread power outages cutting into the available TV audience in the East.CBS planned to air repeats instead of new episodes Monday of "How I Met Your Mother," ''Partners," ''2 Broke Girls" and "Mike & Molly." A CBS News special on Sandy was to follow at 10 p.m. EDT, pre-empting "Hawaii Five-O."
The CW also was set to air repeats of "90201" and "Gossip Girl."
ABC said it was sticking to its schedule of new episodes of "Dancing With the Stars" and "Castle." Fox was to air a previously scheduled rerun of "The X Factor," which had been planned if the San Francisco-Detroit World Series ended, as it did, in four games.
NBC did not immediately respond about the status of its Monday schedule, which includes "The Voice" and "Revolution."
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49602938

And here are some cool pic's, doesn't seem too bad yet, only forcasting 90mph winds and it looks like the sea surges will be the major issue.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/ ... -hits-us-with-floo/836245
Oh, another tornado in America. Interesting.

Only thing I care about is the episode of How I met your mother that's not launched today. Pussies.
Quote from Bose321 :Oh, another tornado in America. Interesting.

Only thing I care about is the episode of How I met your mother that's not launched today. Pussies.

Please, do have some respect for the poor US, after all, in any disaster it's only US citizens who die, the rest are just collateral damage. This affects them so it's the most important thing ever !

Sit back and enjoy the webcams
The same hurricane broomed over Jamaica as well as a category 1, but I gather its much stronger now and most of you east coast US area seem so flood prone. GL guys.

I personally was outside during most of it and enjoyed the rain. Only thing I hated was the damn power outtage afterwards.
Welcome to NZ's capital

248km/h The highest gust of wind ever recorded in Wellington
29km/h The average wind speed at Wellington Airport; 18km/h Chicago's average wind speed
104km/h The highest gust at Wellington Airport this spring, on November 28th
233 The number of days winds topped gale-force speed in Wellington's windiest year.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominio ... indy-is-Wellington-really

But this is a major crisis for the US so we should all show sympathy, or at least watch the webcams.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Please, do have some respect for the poor US, after all, in any disaster it's only US citizens who die, the rest are just collateral damage. This affects them so it's the most important thing ever !

Sit back and enjoy the webcams

You always such an ****? You want me to say sitback and watch the webcams as nz gets rocked by a earthquake? Dont be such a ass
Quote from Racer X NZ :Welcome to NZ's capital

248km/h The highest gust of wind ever recorded in Wellington
29km/h The average wind speed at Wellington Airport; 18km/h Chicago's average wind speed
104km/h The highest gust at Wellington Airport this spring, on November 28th
233 The number of days winds topped gale-force speed in Wellington's windiest year.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominio ... indy-is-Wellington-really

But this is a major crisis for the US so we should all show sympathy, or at least watch the webcams.

Ahhh shit yeah how can we be so stupid? I forgot 60 million people live in New Zealand
Mother Nature can be a bitch dude.

What would you like me to do to stop this storm ?

We've already had two decent earthquakes this week, S#!^ happens, the pictures are good though.
And if you want to get really precious, my point about only US casualties being important still is on the table, care about others, we care more about you.

And if you want to build on low lying Island's..........

Did you hear what happened to Hog Island in the last decent hurricane you had ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hog_Island_%28New_York%29

We're also vulnerable to Tsunamis, my prep plan, buggie boards outside the back door, life is temporary so enjoy it while you've got it.

Hurricane Sandy
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG