The online racing simulator
Hurricane Sandy
(117 posts, started )
Hurricane Sandy
Pray for us guys, this looks very serious. Fingers crossed I don't get hit.
They are calling it one for the record books, going to be very close on several weather related records.

Hope everyone in the North-East US is safe. I'll be praying from Kansas for everyone.
Take video. Drive around after for destructive shots. We want gore.
I hope you're ok.
I'm preparing for the worst tomorrow. It's calm right now but I know I'll be waking up to the sound of a tree limb falling on my roof.

I've taken pictures (and video) here: https://plus.google.com/events/c8ofkjpfpvnppjfim2konb369n8 . I don't know if I'm going to be able to get shots tomorrow though, it's like full lockdown mode around me.

I live here

Sorry but....

Stock up on food and water, and alcohol !
Cope without power for a while.

Been through several cyclones in the Pacific, concrete water tanks make a good shelter. And try not to go out for a look during the eye, it WILL get worse.

And for the Kiwi's there, great time for windsurfing dudes !
2 year old image updated for this storm.
Check the area affected - DOH

This looks awesome, 2 major storms, high tides, full moon - higher tides, storm surges.

Hope you all paid attention to the 4 day warning even we recieved about this and stocked up on food, water, cooking facilities, etc.
The quickie mart may not be open for a day or so.

"No power - How do I update Facebook ?"
First world problems.

Mother Nature can kick ass.

Quote from Racer X NZ :2 year old image updated for this storm.
Check the area affected - DOH

You realize you have areas covered that aren't even going to be affected, I.E. Part of Kansas and Iowa and Most of Missouri and Illinois.
Damn, last time I trust the Internet !

Still, the concept is valid, and American geography isn't my strong point.

Sorry if I confused the areas about to be nailed by nature.

Pictures are looking really impressive so far. Do be careful guys in the zone.
I hate my life and I want to die.
you can follow your storm chaser aircrafts on FlightRadar: Click
http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy

Good info here, webcams too aswell as 3 day and 5 day course plot.

As much as I despise America and the majority of its people I wish you all safety at what must be a ****in terrifying time.

Enjoy the calm before the storm anyway. It's beautiful.
http://i.imgur.com/x04S3.jpg [Warning bloody big picture].

It's times like these we value our lives that bit more and come to admire the simpler things in life.
I lived at the shore in NJ for three years, got a lot of friends with property and businesses just a stone's throw from the ocean, they are crapping themselves. :/

NJ is flat as a pancake a long way inland too, it would be an especially bad place for a hurricane to land. Fingers crossed.
Take a strong umbrella and attempt to fly!

Good luck guys!
Well, the rain has set in here. I'm not expecting too many problems for me where I am at. Just hoping for a day off of school tomorrow

Hope you all get through okay in the coastal north east.

BTW: World ends in 52 days.. maybe this is the start jk
Wind will be the only problem here, so far inland it shouldn't flood.
My Uni hasn't cancelled classes, but wind is already picking up here (near Albany, NY) and the rain is starting. Just checked the weather advisory for here and they say 30-40 mph winds in the Hudson River Valley and 60-75 mph on hills, right where my Uni is. I'll be damned if I'm in class tomorrow.

Family in NJ have bunkered down pretty well. Mom cooked the whole weeks food already, Dad got out the generator and my brother is off from school for at least two days. The power there will either be knocked out or shut down for repairs from storm damage, it goes down routinely even in light thunderstorms. While we won't get any flooding, when the power goes down most of our neighbors will get a decent bit of water in their basement. The real issue for my family is going to be falling branches as many of the trees around our house are loaded with dead branches (some of which are at least 20 feet long and plenty heavy) that are bound to fall from the wind.
power outage ... always forget that you have your power lines above the ground, ours go underground as soon as they reach urban areas.

Wish you luck
Good luck guys, this seems serious
How many hours left til it hits land at full force (aprox) ?
From 10PM to midnight tonight (-4 GMT). High tides are at 8AM and 8 PM, so hopefully not at those times.

Out west our power lines are buried, but in other areas where people were there before power was they are mostly still above ground . That's how it is here.

Edit: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphi ... ml?5-daynl?large#contents
It will hit at our nighttime (in Europe), hopefully I wake up to good news and not bad news.
The storm is ****ing huge atm, and if it in additional increases to the higher scale storms (1-5) well then this is going to be devastating.
They just said on TV that this will be worst storm ever in some spots. It is going to be worse than they first thought.

Hold onto your asses and stay safe.
Up here in Boston it's light rain and occasionally gusty winds at the moment, but I'm heading home from work around lunchtime just in case. Expecting some power outages and downed trees/powerlines, but not much more.
In other news:

Will this affect Florida (its still an east-coast?)

Some of my family friends are there for vacation, I hope they will be able to come back will all the legs and arms in place.

Hurricane Sandy
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG