The online racing simulator
Why to hate Red Bull? Yup, their drink is just awful, but they always sponsor some crazy shit, and that's interesting to watch.
If it wasn't for Red Bull I wouldn't get to see people doing crazy things as much. They might still happen, but I wouldn't know about them. I'm glad they don't sponsor/promote boring stuff!!

He risk of death is, subconsciously, what draws the human mind to it - that's why he is doing it and why many people will watch it. Not because they want to see death or be killed, but because they want to see/be flirting with Death and Binky.
Quote from tristancliffe :He risk of death is, subconsciously, what draws the human mind to it - that's why he is doing it and why many people will watch it. Not because they want to see death or be killed, but because they want to see/be flirting with Death and Binky.

Ding ding ding!
I like dating them, Both, at the same time.

I often lie to both, I usually say that I love both, but in reality i spit them right in the face.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Oh, missed that.. well that sucks, hoped with all those millions we could watch it live.

Well due to the fact that he's going faster than the speed of sound I don't think the transmission would keep up.
When?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Well due to the fact that he's going faster than the speed of sound I don't think the transmission would keep up.

Why?
Quote from wheel4hummer :
Quote from Shotglass :am i missing something important here? hasnt this already been done before deades ago?

Yeah, but they didn't have Red Bull to generate all the publicity/hype back then, lol

He will be the FIRST man going supersonic with no engine, just gravity. So thus the hype.

I just wonder why RedBull organisers let the hype begin with doubtful forecasts which should be quite accurate 12h before.
And that they didnt figure out any way to start this fragile baloon in light gusts - like they cant hang it high enough not to drag it on the ground.
Quote from Dennis93 :Prove me that their drink is awful.

Well, it smells of poison, has the color of poison, tastes of poison and is just as useful to human body as diesel fuel. Other that that it's great.

Quote from tristancliffe :Why?

I think he made a mistake.
Quote from KiRmelius :Well, it smells of poison, has the color of poison, tastes of poison and is just as useful to human body as diesel fuel. Other that that it's great.

And then I ask you again, prove to me that the drink is bad, as if it tastes bad for me or the other 100's of millions buying it.

If you can do that I respect it, but speaking from your own behalf I simply can't respect. The only reason you're not dead yet is because you have a bad ass Corolla, just like me.

Don't take it too bad it's all in a good tone.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Well due to the fact that he's going faster than the speed of sound I don't think the transmission would keep up.

It'd be a problem if he was going faster than speed of light, nothing to do with being faster than speed of sound.
Quote from AndRand :I just wonder why RedBull organisers let the hype begin with doubtful forecasts which should be quite accurate 12h before.

C'mon, everyone knows weathermen are as useless as tits on a nun.
Quote from E.Reiljans :It'd be a problem if he was going faster than speed of light, nothing to do with being faster than speed of sound.

oh duh, sorry I was mixig up some stuff i learned in physics
According to this article on the Beeb news site, the winds are only a factor from the floor to around 250m, anything over 3 mph is too much and the launch crane cannot keep up.
Official update:
"Next weather window to launch Felix Baumgartner opens Sunday, Oct. 14th. More weather updates to follow as we get closer."
Quote from Dennis93 :And then I ask you again, prove to me that the drink is bad, as if it tastes bad for me or the other 100's of millions buying it.

If you can do that I respect it, but speaking from your own behalf I simply can't respect. The only reason you're not dead yet is because you have a bad ass Corolla, just like me.

Don't take it too bad it's all in a good tone.

Okay, despite placebo being the only positive effect caused by drinking it and the only reason making people drink it being a great marketing scheme, and ignoring all the nausea and toothache, it's pretty good, I guess. Sorry, but I really don't think that drink is useful for anything else than making money.

100's of millions buying it doesn't say anything about quality, but more about advertising. Like, for example, there always are people buying those expensive fuel activators and putting them in their cars, even though those are just simple magnets. Some even reported decreased fuel consumption, although it's obvious how much bullshit it is.

Or if you can explain why is it good, I'll consider apologizing, as you've said you like my car once, and I value that a lot.
Quote from KiRmelius :Okay, despite placebo being the only positive effect caused by drinking it and the only reason making people drink it being a great marketing scheme, and ignoring all the nausea and toothache, it's pretty good, I guess. Sorry, but I really don't think that drink is useful for anything else than making money.

100's of millions buying it doesn't say anything about quality, but more about advertising. Like, for example, there always are people buying those expensive fuel activators and putting them in their cars, even though those are just simple magnets. Some even reported decreased fuel consumption, although it's obvious how much bullshit it is.

Or if you can explain why is it good, I'll consider apologizing, as you've said you like my car once, and I value that a lot.

Because I like the taste.
And it has kept me awake all night whilst revising for exams.

And I think it's pretty damn good with vodka (though arguably less good for the vodka)
Quote from tristancliffe :
And I think it's pretty damn good with vodka (though arguably less good for the vodka)

I concur...

It definitely makes you remember how many you had the day after
Quote from KiRmelius :Okay, despite placebo being the only positive effect caused by drinking it and the only reason making people drink it being a great marketing scheme, and ignoring all the nausea and toothache, it's pretty good, I guess. Sorry, but I really don't think that drink is useful for anything else than making money.

Energy drinks contain caffeine, which has measurable and well described effect on CNS. In this respect energy drinks work just like a cup of coffee. Other usual ingredients include taurine (An aminoacid. It's known to help prevent certain heart diseases and improve mental performance), B-family vitamins and glucose (human brain needs glucose to function).

There is no placebo effect nor are any of the substances that an energy drink is made of toxic. Of course, too high consumption can lead to side effects and even diseases, but hey, you can die of drinking way too much water.
i can approve sideeffects by consuming too much. i used to drink every morning 1 can,when i did 13-16 hours of work for a long period,and my liver started to hurt prettybad,plus when i got home i was more tired than before,this is a sideeffect too. But lets keep this topic ontopic,and open a new thread for agrguing about energydrinks. i cant find one :P
Love the taste of energy drinks, Red Bull is great but a little bit weak on the bubbles for me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG