The online racing simulator
#26 - troy
Well, that is an anti climax for today, too windy mission aborted. Better luck tomorrow.
lolz noobs
Ohdear..
Fully understand the abortion. But man poor Felix, so mentally hard to not get to do it, you wait and wait and wait in excitement, and prepare yourself mentally over and over again, and then aborted. Hope for better luck tomorrow.
Bummer. Btw will there be a camera on him?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Bummer. Btw will there be a camera on him?

Quote from troy :and yes there will be cameras on felix' suit but we won't be able to see those images live due to technical reasons.

Oh, missed that.. well that sucks, hoped with all those millions we could watch it live.
I'm NOW 100% sure God is delaying this event for a reason. Too bad felix and you fools are too gullible to grasp that.
>god
>100% sure
choose one
am i missing something important here? hasnt this already been done before deades ago?
i mean this is kinda like making a huge hubub about landing on the moon again when its already been done in what technologically speaking was the stone age
Quote from E.Reiljans :>god
>100% sure
choose one

there is no such thing as 100% sure (and if it is it falls), so you chose the answer.
Quote from Shotglass :am i missing something important here? hasnt this already been done before deades ago?
i mean this is kinda like making a huge hubub about landing on the moon again when its already been done in what technologically speaking was the stone age

its been done 50 years ago yes,but only from 102.00 feet. and he didnt achive speed of sound,only 0.9 mach. now hes going up 23,24 miles instead "only" 19 miles high.
Quote from Shotglass :am i missing something important here? hasnt this already been done before deades ago?

Yeah I kinda agree on how it can look with all these problems to even get it started, but we don't know how many tries they actually did back in the 60's before JK could actually do it. This was only day 2 of waiting for Felix.
Quote from mp5cod :I'm NOW 100% sure God is delaying this event for a reason. Too bad felix and you fools are too gullible to grasp that.

Is the reason because He doesn't want Man to realise that He is fictional?
Now it is such a bizarrely improbably coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful [the Babel fish] could have evolved by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED"
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-- Douglas Adams, The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (book one of the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy series), p 50

Yeah, but they didn't have Red Bull to generate all the publicity/hype back then, lol
Quote from wheel4hummer :Yeah, but they didn't have Red Bull to generate all the publicity/hype back then, lol

Why the hate? Records are there to be broke.. and it's about the sonic boom mostly, not the height that much.
It's like saying, why are they still driving Formula One? Hasn't that track record already been made in 1931.
Quote from troy :The plan is to break the barrier of sound, and yes there will be cameras on felix' suit but we won't be able to see those images live due to technical reasons.

If the technical reasons are so that thousands of people don't see a man possibly dying live, then yes It's delayed in case of worst case scenario

But yeah. Crazy/awesome man. Kinda glad it was delayed cos then I can watch it
dont get me wrong i think this is worth doing its just that this appear rather pointless as a publicity stunt
Let it be Red Bulls normal 'attention whoring' or not, ridiculous stuns have often gotten pretty famous and followed by the Media, so I don't see why some make it a big thing just because Red Bull is involved in it. IMO I'm really interested in how it goes and more worried about Felix tbh, I don't see this happening without any problems..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG