The online racing simulator
Virtual LFS Dashboard
(116 posts, started , go to first unread)
Thank you!

Edit: Wait there's a setup for it? I see an uninstall exe in the folder but nothing to install.

Edit again: Nevermind, I was able to get it working .
Didnt work tho! Got a alert box about isanaloglibrary.ocx or something like that :/
Quote from Ripley :Sorry, previous link required registration...

These should work.
Link1
Link2

Let me know if these links work.

Quote from Xenix74 :Yes thats the way i handle it out , i use "ultramon" to select on wich screen it should start, but only windowed.

You should download Autohotkey for that.
http://www.autohotkey.com/

If you're interested I can give you a script I use for doing the exact thing, just with another program. It will need a little tweak for LFS, but it's quite straightforward.
Quote from Kova. :Didnt work tho! Got a alert box about isanaloglibrary.ocx or something like that :/

Until i got this PC, i had no problems, now it says "/!\ You must have MSSTDFMT.DLL installed on your machine -_-
Hi, can someone help me try with a doubt. I manage to get the application to work, it recognizes the game and all the info works perfectly fine, but the graphics are too small for my 2nd monitor, that is running on 1080p. Is there any way to make it bigger or go full screen on a second monitor without decreasing resolution ?

My LFS runs on big screen also 1080p but I'd like my gauge on the other monitor and its not as big as it could be because there's no maximize option....

Any ideas ?
hi, i saw on the topic that the sources was available online, but i did'nt found them.
where can i download the full source code ?
Up!

Would be nice to have some news for that :/
Quote from fu.el :Until i got this PC, i had no problems, now it says "/!\ You must have MSSTDFMT.DLL installed on your machine -_-

Got it working! Just a small problem though, i cant quite understand why, but all the lights apart from the fuel warning work...
Quote from fu.el :Got it working! Just a small problem though, i cant quite understand why, but all the lights apart from the fuel warning work...

Wait, i need to re-phrase that. I meant to say that the only dash light that wotks is the fuel warning and none of the others so a strange problem, or i might not have set somthing up right. Any ideas folks? (sorry for bump)
Hey guys! Copy msstdfmt.dll file in C:\Windows\System32 and press boton start-> execute: "regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll"

Quote from KIRTASH :Hey guys! Copy msstdfmt.dll file in C:\Windows\System32 and press boton start-> execute: "regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll"

Works good with LFS 0.6B. i have a neetbook where i run this aplication.
Working source?
Does anyone have a working source url?
Tnx Jadran for that quick reply!
But im looking for the vb source code, i realise i wasn't clear on that
My source was lost in HDD failure. But if you search around you may be able to find Eraz's source for the older version of the Dash that I took over.
Quote from Lobban :Tnx Jadran for that quick reply!
But im looking for the vb source code, i realise i wasn't clear on that

Hehehe sorry for my mistake,I edit my post
Nice to see the source is still kicking around
Feel free to edit as you please, and if you wish, any edits I'll be happy to include to the first post, as long as the updated source is included as per the GPL license.
Sadly I think Windows 8 breaks this visually.

The RPM text and Speedo text seems to have shifted to the right a bit, and the 1024*768/Changed Layout versions resize the box around them when you try to move it. Cutting off a load of the display.

Also it seems the version in the official download link (the installer version) is an earlier version? The top speed needle isn't there, neither are all the checkboxes in the bottom right corner of the settings menu (voice shift, top speed needle, indicator click etc)
Thanks David for this good software, I have a question about Com port.
I want to make a hardware to show something with your dash program, but i don't know something:
what baud rate it use to send serial data?
and what does it sends? any string? i need to read it and extract some data from port com!!
Regards
The only information I can find on baud rate, port etc is below:
You can download the VB6 source in the first post and have a look at it
If you don't have VB6 then just open the frmMain.frx with notepad

Begin MSCommLib.MSComm MSComm1
Left = 11730
Top = 9540
_ExtentX = 1005
_ExtentY = 1005
_Version = 393216
CommPort = 3
DTREnable = 0 'False
InputLen = 11
BaudRate = 115200
End

Thanks for your answer
my pc has a com port that is com1, when i want to selet this port is says the port is not available or is open ( but it's available and close, i can use it with other terminal programs ) VLFSD only connects to com3 but doesn't send anything ( i didn't see any thing ) when i change my com port to com3, it says com3 is not availble too!!
To be honest I've never used it, or tested it as it was Eraztropa that added it. (I think that's his name, He's the original creator, I just took the source, updated and released with his permission )
The installer keeps freezing while installing it. Hangs at MSSTDFMT.DLL

Redownloaded the installer aswell, same result.

Win7 x64

Virtual LFS Dashboard
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG